Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ Shoutbox problems

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
So the whole right side of the page is an addon? Because you can't click on anything. The New Posts, New Profile posts, or anyone's name like you normally could. Not just Shoutbox.

No, but an issue with an addon can affect more than the addon itself. Not that I'm saying that the chat's necessarily the culprit in this case. Could be a Chrome bug for all I know. I don't use Chrome so I don't have this problem.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
I saw Sam Neill at Auckland Airport last night. He was going around with a petition to get James Cameron to cast him as the lead for Avatar 2. He looked really shabby and stalked around the cafeteria for leftover food. I signed the petition out of pity and took a flight to Wellington.

Grimlorn

Arcane
So the whole right side of the page is an addon? Because you can't click on anything. The New Posts, New Profile posts, or anyone's name like you normally could. Not just Shoutbox.

No, but an issue with an addon can affect more than the addon itself. Not that I'm saying that the chat's necessarily the culprit in this case. Could be a Chrome bug for all I know. I don't use Chrome so I don't have this problem.
Can you give me the name of the addon, any other information I need to know or put in bug report to Google? That way we can eventually find out if Google takes the time to fix it. Should I mention the website RPGCodex.net as well, etc? Also, people on the Codex who use Chrome and have the same issue can copy your info and put it into a bug report as well. Because I'm assuming a few bug reports would be necessary before Google even notices the problem and looks at it.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
We don't actually know whether TaigaChat is the problem, Chrome itself, or something else entirely. If It's TaigaChat, it's up to the addon dev to fix it (or not), Google won't do anything about it. You can report it, but I doubt that Google will give it any attention.

Mustawd

Well, this is the real problem with Shoutbox:

CONDUCTOR.jpg

Orobis

Arcane
Sychophantic Noob
Got the same problem as op for a couple of days now. Can't click on anything on the right side of the forums page, shoutbox, profile posts...

Using google chrome.

Mustawd

Don't dress so fucking hot and you won't have a problem, Haba. :M:M:M

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm getting it now too. I can click on people's names in the Shoutbox, but not on the Shoutbox talk box itself, or anything else in that right panel..

Mustawd

So Taluntain , this is interesting....if I'm in the large shoutbox...the items on the right are not clickable...EXCEPT for the very bottom users in like the bottom three rows. In fact, everything below the line that says: "(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)" is clickable. Not sure what this means.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom