Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Shoutbox.

Dumbfuck
Codex 2012
Now it's about sunflower seeds and Romanian mobile phone networks. Crispy is about to eat a cheeseburger

Crispy has been on there nonstop for the last 6 hours

Linden

Arcane
You know what the Shoutbox needs? Notification sounds! Make it so that the Shoutbox emits a loud BEEEEEEEP every time someone posts in it.

For the enjoyment of our patrons, of course.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
You know what the Shoutbox needs? Notification sounds! Make it so that the Shoutbox emits a loud BEEEEEEEP every time someone posts in it.

For the enjoyment of our patrons, of course.
Yes, even when you don't have it open.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
It used to. I turned it off because everything was "a moment ago". It only holds about 50 conversations and since it's been in, a minute hasn't gone by without someone saying something.

Johannes

Arcane
Shoutbox has avatars next to peoples posts, ability to save color, bigger space where messages are viewed, you see the log as you enter, can see everyone who's on the chat without scrolling the sidebar... There's nothing good in the chatroom interface in comparison

Drakron

Arcane
So much butthurt over so little a thing, Drakron. lol

I am sorry but I dont visit GD and I dont like when GD is plastered on the main directory, plus considering the "high level of content" it will not be long until someone does something that is likely to make the chatbox go over some changes at least.

Regardless if I wanted to read /b/ and /pol/ I would go read /b/ and /pol/ ...

Mantic

Educated
I see even the great RPG Codex has sold out to the Fecesbook/Twatter social media Jewry. I don't expect it'll be long until "If you like this Tweet or Like It on FB!" are added to posts.

Johannes

Arcane
I see even the great RPG Codex has sold out to the Fecesbook/Twatter social media Jewry. I don't expect it'll be long until "If you like this Tweet or Like It on FB!" are added to posts.
Yes because Facebook and Mark Zuckerberg invented internet chatting.

Mantic

Educated
That's where it begins

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom