Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Show/Hide hidden post made by vrok?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Look up.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
I'm not surprised with Cassidy leading the pack, but who knew Jasede was such a sensitive fella? And who the hell is ignoring Dhruin? The guy is harmless.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
DU you need to add an option to remove that "show/hide posts from X user". If you're gonna go through the whole shenanigans of ignoring someone you don't need a constant reminder every few posts; might as well do it right and have that user completely gone from your eyes and from your mind. Doing things halfway is for pussies!

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
FrancoTAU said:
I'm not surprised with Cassidy leading the pack, but who knew Jasede was such a sensitive fella? And who the hell is ignoring Dhruin? The guy is harmless.
Jasede is. He said he picked a bunch of random old posters that rarely if ever post so that he could get the highest ignore score.

Texas Red

Whiner
This is a retardo land worthy idea useful only for ego boosting Jasede-like dicks, who apparently cant skim through someones posts, to show off their superiority . I dont want to post with a constant feeling that somebody is ignoring me, and nor do I want to obsessively check the list. I dislike several posters but *gasp* I have the power to scroll through their shit and if it seems like worth a read, I read.

This Revolution is a shit fest that made several posters leave because of mods new "rules". Ignoring the voices of the community and making decisions regardless of the majority's wishes because you own the site will only get people frustrated and leave. I have to enter the lurker mode because Darkunderlord fucked up the best gaming website. Fuck you, Underlord.

Joe Krow

Erudite
If you can't beat them hide them? Whatever happened to "taking out the trash"? Bury your heads in the sand while the site goes to shit... you may not even notice.

Relien

Scholar
Would it be possible to ignore individual posts? I don't want to ignore any poster completely, but when I see an occasional image spam that breaks the page layout making it 3000+ px wide, I'll be glad to get rid of it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
L0L This is hilarious! I love it? I'm kinda dissapointed, though. I'm only being ignored by 3 people. btw, Only pussies use the ignore feature. You don't like someone simply avoid their posts. Geez. HAHA!

P.S. I think it's silly that a poster can ignore a moderator/administrator.

dagorkan

Arbiter
kingcomrade said:
FrancoTAU said:
Jasede is. He said he picked a bunch of random old posters that rarely if ever post so that he could get the highest ignore score.
To attract attention?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The ignore button is a good feature, though I'm not currently ignoring anyone myself. But please please please hide the ranking! I post at another forum that has had such a thing for years, and it's an insane generator of forum drama. Idiots compete to be ignored by as many people as possible; pussies take it personally that they are being ignored, and accuse the last person they argued with of being the ignorer, when it's probably just some lurker; it's a non stop shitfest.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Keep it. Best forum mini-game ever. Also, add a "who is ignoring me" button for even more drama and fun times.

Reading the Codex has never been so relaxing: no dumbfuck marred my path, nay, not a whisper of idiocy did spoil my view. Builder fuel us.

I think this is a stupid idea. Instead of supporting debate between people who have different views your basically allowing them to ignore each other and allowing people to see the codex they want to see, not the real codex.

xedoc gpr

Scholar
notPOOPERSCOOPER said:
I think this is a stupid idea. Instead of supporting debate between people who have different views your basically allowing them to ignore each other and allowing people to see the codex they want to see, not the real codex.

It's not about stopping debates, it's about ignoring stupidity.

But a persons judge of stupidity is opinion. For some, anyone who disagrees with them are stupid, like volourn.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
L0L Since I posted in this thread earlier, the amount of people ignoring me is doubled. HAHAHA!

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
notPOOPERSCOOPER said:
Given the people that are on the list and given the people that are doing the ignoring, I'm not too fussed.

Also, banned.

aboyd

Liturgist
notPOOPERSCOOPER said:
My God, man. You're right. People are empowered to decide this stuff for themselves now. We can't have that!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom