Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Shroud of the Avatar - Lord British's Not-Ultima Online 2

Buckneck Kid

Barely Literate
Jesus Christ. Anyway, wasn't Spoony going to have an interview with LB to roast him over U8 and 9? Whatever happened to that?
yes what happened to that?

set

Cipher
On one hand, it's neat they're already implementing fun features like these.... On the other hand, I've not seen any compelling core gameplay to actually make the fact you can own a house... actually mean anything. I mean, this isn't The Sims. What are we doing that even requires a house? It seems like pointless vanity, especially if the game's claim to fame is an arbirtary-looking MMOish card-based combat system.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
On one hand, it's neat they're already implementing fun features like these.... On the other hand, I've not seen any compelling core gameplay to actually make the fact you can own a house... actually mean anything. I mean, this isn't The Sims. What are we doing that even requires a house? It seems like pointless vanity, especially if the game's claim to fame is an arbirtary-looking MMOish card-based combat system.

Without houses they cannot open the Micro-Transaction Real Money Store that sells you Queen Ann chairs and Ottomans.

Zep--

set

Cipher
Of course, of course. I see. Yes, that's sensible. You do need to start microtransactioning the game right away. That's can't wait until post production or anything.

Repressed Homosexual
Sad that it's obvious it's all going to be LARPing and the gameplay is just going to be a flimsy excuse and just WoW with slightly less linear quests and no quest icons. I regret having fallen for the Kickstarter, I know I'll probably lose all interest an hour or so into the game. It will be WoW with a Ultima coat of paint without any of the latter's soul and what made it a unique experience.

Destroid

Arcane

In the olden days I think you needed a house to keep all your loot in and also to have an NPC shopkeeping stand out the front to sell crap for you while you are offline/away.

set

Cipher

In the olden days I think you needed a house to keep all your loot in and also to have an NPC shopkeeping stand out the front to sell crap for you while you are offline/away.

This would be cool... but I'm under the impression they have not even worked out a combat system yet, nevermind how 'loot' is even going to work. What's their itemization scheme? Something similar to WoW? Diablo? D&D? Ultima? What are players even storing in these homes? What is the purpose of them? It's totally vanity, at least, from my shallow inspection of what's been built by the developers thus far.

They've shown that skull throne thing you can find. So... is that the scheme? You go adventuring to acquire sofas and lazy boys for your medieval second life house? And they'll be selling water beds and disco balls in the cosmetic shop? People will run dungeons on a daily basis, hoping that epic boss drops his legendary golden toilet?

Destroid

Arcane
Honestly, in game representations of your accomplishments like that are better than what you get for raiding in most mmos.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

This would be cool... but I'm under the impression they have not even worked out a combat system yet, nevermind how 'loot' is even going to work. What's their itemization scheme? Something similar to WoW? Diablo? D&D? Ultima? What are players even storing in these homes? What is the purpose of them? It's totally vanity, at least, from my shallow inspection of what's been built by the developers thus far.

They've shown that skull throne thing you can find. So... is that the scheme? You go adventuring to acquire sofas and lazy boys for your medieval second life house? And they'll be selling water beds and disco balls in the cosmetic shop? People will run dungeons on a daily basis, hoping that epic boss drops his legendary golden toilet?

Bro, seriously...did you just totally ignore my Micro-Transaction Real Money Store post previously when you asked "why houses, herp derp?"

Why wait for that epic boss to drop his legendary golden toilet when you can [BUY IT NOW] for $2.99? Richard will try to farm those Ultima Dragon dumb ass shitheads for as long as he can.

Zep--

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So,

In the event of a Hangout/Interview online panel with Richard Garriott, and in the event that I attend this panel this thursday, which questions would you guys like to ask ? They have to be SotA related, so any question about inspirations, gameplay, and just anything else is pretty much welcome at this point !

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I like to LARP as Lord British when I play Ultima Online-a-Single-Player-a-Likes... so,

In SotA...
1. When you create your character, can it be balding on top but have an awesome rat-tail?
....1a. How long can my rat tail be? (can you make a rat tail size slider for us?)
2. Can my Rat-Tail be a different color than my balding top?
3. How long (after or before) release will the Real Money Item shop open?
4. Have you decided if this is an MMO or a Single Player game yet?

Zep--

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I'm the guy with the bad haircut, the awful accent, the tired eyes, the slow CPU, and who stutters something about RPGCodex early in the video.

funkadelik

Arcane
This is one of the most awkward cam chat sessions I have ever seen. But what else is to be expected of a group of virgins known as the "Ultima-Dragons".

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I can't bring myself to watch it with that triple chinned wildebeest hosting it.

Zep--

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
For some reason I still get emails from them even though I yanked my pledge pretty early on during the KS. Was curious so I started skimming through the "update" and guess what was so prominent inside:[/QUOTE]
Ye Olde Add-On Store

Don't forget about these other great offerings that are still available:

Fishing Pole of Prosperity
  • This unique, indestructible fishing pole increases your chance to catch fish, the quality of the fish caught and the speed they are caught. While fishing poles with similar effects can be crafted and purchased in the game, this particular fishing pole never needs repair.

Cornucopia
  • No holiday table would be complete without its own cornucopia centerpiece! But it is more than just an attractive table decoration, this Horn of Plenty generates a random edible item or ingredient per day (food, fruit, berries, mushrooms, flour, egg, etc.). During the Fall and holiday seasons there is a percentage chance of other kinds of items being generated.

Taming Turkey Call
  • This unique indestructible item can be used to call a Turkey which is then automatically tamed. While items with similar effects can be crafted and purchased in the game this particular call never needs repair.

Windmill Village Home
  • Ever wanted to live in a Windmill? Well here’s your chance! This 2-story Windmill Village Home, has comfortably sized room on each floor and an external stairway leading to a wrap-around deck on the second level. And yes, the windmill blades actually spin!

Wizard Tower Village Home
  • The Wizard Tower Village Home easily fits on a village lot with plenty of garden space. It is 4-room tower structure with a teleportation disk that links the two floors, and a circular deck on the second floor with two connecting towers.

Druid Town Home
  • The Druid Town Home, is a cozy two-story dwelling with an open-air deck on the second floor, and an external spiral ramp leading to the second floor.

Village Stone & Timber Split-Level Basements
  • This Village Stone & Timber Split-Level Basement is comprised of 5-floors with sub-divided rooms.

Village Lot Property Deeds
  • Limited Quantity: 67 of 200 left
  • Includes Shingle-Roof home (shown were), but at 20 x 30 meters will accommodate the spacious Knight Village Home and Viking Village Home!

Tower Home
  • The Tower Village home has a spacious entry-level floor, with an equally spacious second story floor, which also has an adjoining outdoor deck!
  • The Tower Town home has a spacious entry-level floor, with stairs leading up to the second story and down to the lower level floor. There is an equally spacious second story floor, which also has an adjoining outdoor deck!

Don't tell me this isn't a money-sink - P2W cash grab! This isn't a game... it's medieval Barbie (with all these accessories) and her dream house. It's either that or SIMS-Virtual Larping Edition.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
SotA_TimberStone_Basement_5_Floors_small30d95f.jpg
This is simply ridiculous...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom