Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Signatures by Chris Avellone (Codex fundraiser rewards)

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Some of the Codex fundraiser backers were eligible for MCA-penned short signatures in addition to their avatars and other rewards. I'm posting the signatures ITT so they don't get lost like tears in the rain.

tl;dr This thread is for archiving purposes, mainly.

P.S. Sitra Achara I haven't forgotten about your request.

Temaperacl

"A lack of direction is only annoying to those who don't have any."

"An absence of insult can be worse than ____ or even ____."

"Opting out can sometimes get you to an entirely different finish line."

Lonerville

"If you look at this signature long enough, its meaning will become apparent."

"I hope this signature finds you well. I am writing concerning the RE: signature of forum post issue mentioned previously and hope we can reach a solution that meets both our needs."

"Putting the zig in signature. Trust me."

skuphundaku

"Fuck with me, and I'll fall on you harder than Austrian economics."

"Was there an amendment after the 2nd?"

"If you want a real definition of anarchy, put down your molotov cocktails, stay awhile and listen."

Crooked Bee

"When people ask why I enjoy moderating RPG Codex, I take a seemingly irrelevant tangent into my love of crawling through a vicious, dark, trap-filled dungeons filled with spiky-headed evil creatures."

"I wouldn't fear being banned, it's my sting you won't see coming."

"Nothing straight is worth doing anyway but crooked, from a beeline to an arrow flight."

Haba

"A deity with a body pillow in one hand, and profit in the other."

"Mulling over mulled wine to achieve victories few humorists ever attempt."

"Nothing is so dormant, passive, and sacred that it can't be twisted into a key for humor."

"I will show you fear in a handful of posts."

"April is the cruelest month only because I wasn't there when they were choosing them."

Spectacle

"Almost as subtle and thought-wrenching as attempting to cartoon Pravin Lal himself."

"Chief Medical Officer and the only one with any sense to wrap bandages around his skull before the fighting begins."

Semper (opted out)

"I went ahead and did a troll for Semper anyway. Because he didn't ask for it and didn't want it."

Random Word

"There's a huge difference between a random word and a random sword coming to you."

"If you're raised on Mad Libs, you learn to appreciate a User Name like mine."

AFTER PLAYING WITH ANAGRAMS

"There's a huge difference between a random word and a ramrod down on your tongue."

"Some call me Mr. Onwad Do, but they are confusing the "random" in 'Random Word.'"

"Within my domain lie the heath of Raw Odd Morn, the citadel of On-Draw-Dorm, and the horrific boogeyman known as Mr Wand Odor."

maverick

"If you preach to atheists and insensitive trolls, it's like hearing an angel whispering to a legion of demons."

"When sharing to those without hearts or spirit, the true crime is how disheartening and spirit-less it can make one."

"Scorn and ignorance are the whetstone upon which angel's swords are sharpened."

Jarpie

"If you think I'm Finnished on fighting for gaming, think again and pass the puukko."

"Mad as (a) Finn and not going to take anymore until maximum incline."

"[Crazy as a Finn] [game forum dictionary] Having the strength to fight for the incline of gaming, booze not required.

"[Crazy as a Finn] [game forum dictionary] Having the strength to fight for the incline of gaming.

mediocrepoet

"A mediocre poet is what one may aspire to be, whether you, thee, or thy family."

"Even mediocrity needs its patron saint to embrace - and as a wise man once said, the Patron Saint of Mediocrity trait in Van Buren may have meant no critical... but it also meant no critical failures."

"There is a mile of difference between a medium ogre poet and a mediocre poet, so you'd best hope you know which is which before you provoke me."

"I may lurk, I may snark, I may be busy, I may wish to live my days game-binging, but all of those experiences end up being adjectives and nouns arranged in rhyme, meter, and cadence."

"I was a Black Isle fanboy even before they became mediocre."

"Poetry may not stream from my pen, but your blood will if you cross me again."

denizsi/vots

"When Obsidian doesn't understand stealth, they turn to the Villain of the Story. If they can find him."

"When Obsidian doesn't understand stealth, they are forced to turn to their worst Villain. If they can find him."

"I'll tell you what's Real Time with Crap: Life. And your Mom before she hops on the toilet."

"Isometric isn't a perspective. It isn't even real isometric. Also, everything else you know is wrong."

silver crowaxe

"If you gaze into the abyss long enough, the abyss will... well, how about that. Damn, abyss, you're looking fine."

"If you gaze into the abyss long enough, the abyss will... oh, wait. That's the mirror. Huh. Wait -is that irony?"

"Fighting monsters, becoming monsters, gazing at abysses, abysses gazing at you... for me, that's just Tuesday."

"Sometimes you gaze into the abyss, sometimes the abyss gazes into you. Like a Facebook stalker."

"I don't mind gazing into the abyss, it's just that when the abyss is drunk and it starts staring in that weird vacant way, it ruins the evening."

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that... hey, wow, I grew claws! And wings! This is great!"

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process, he chooses the correct Monster Class Build and the Acid-Spitting Prestige Class."

Last edited:

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
skuphundaku

"Fuck with me, and I'll fall on you harder than Austrian economics."

"Was there an amendment after the 2nd?"

"If you want a real definition of anarchy, put down your molotov cocktails, stay awhile and listen."

skuphundaku's avatar said:
9739.jpg

:nocountryforshitposters:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Sitra Achara's and centurionofprix's signatures are now in as well. This wraps it up, I believe.

Sitra Achara

"The Temple of Elemental Evil was missing two evil elements: Co8 patches and plagues."

"Fuckers deleted my Spectral Miasma account, but this shitty alt is the price they'll pay"

"'Avoid like the plaque'? But a plaque... it's a symbol of recognition and rewar- oh, wait, it's a plague."

"One day a game will feature Cloud's Sword of Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum, and it will have been forged in the fires of Sitra Achara."

"Eventually, Cloud will want his sword back, and it'll smell of lightning-fried-feces, straight from Satan's Alley. Thanks, Co8." (Taken from the Lightning up the Bum comment.)

centurionofprix

"It's not so much leaving one's sword behind as taking up a new road."

"My sword is still with me, but it's carving a new road."

"If your words hound you, cast aside the word they follow."

"What's in a name? Names are earned in fire, not crib-given."

"There's no point in your life where you can't let go... and begin again."

"There's no point in your life where you can't let go... and begin again. Unless it's the Dead Money DLC. In which case, you're fucked."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom