Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Silent hills is now cancelled

Bruticis

Bruticis said that Konami filed to delist from NYSE, the end is nigh
Konami has delisted itself from the New York Stock Exchange as of April 24th, the company announced this morning.

While Konami is no longer listed in New York, the company is still listed in Tokyo and London, and said today that shares can still be traded in the U.S. “over-the-counter”. Additionally, Konami will continue to share financial data in English for investors and analysts (although, they are no longer legally required to do so).

Konami’s delisting from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission will go into effect on July 12th. This news follows the company’s announcement that it has cancelled its Silent Hills survival-horror project that was to be created by Hideo Kojima in collaboration with movie director Guillermo del Toro.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Inside scoop from George, for anyone who doesn't follow the Super Bunnyhop thread;

Seems like Konami is preparing to abandon videogames altogether to focus on other things.

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
Someone pointed out that the demo was most likely just a tech demo for the Fox Engine. It was never intended to be a Silent Hill game

Makes sense to me.

Was a demo which, at the end, revealed the development of the game. Probably had a plot relationated with the final game. The demo is available on PS4 until Thursday.

It was a photo-realistic hallway with scary elements unrelated to Silent Hill and celebrity's face at the end.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Someone pointed out that the demo was most likely just a tech demo for the Fox Engine. It was never intended to be a Silent Hill game

Makes sense to me.

Was a demo which, at the end, revealed the development of the game. Probably had a plot relationated with the final game. The demo is available on PS4 until Thursday.

It was a photo-realistic hallway with scary elements unrelated to Silent Hill and celebrity's face at the end.

Indeed, the "game" itself was a teaser and had nothing to do with the main game. :smug:

And even with that, the demo was filled with curious details like the similarity between the loading logo and the order symbol, the static noises from the radio when the ghost was near or the apology to lisa "Forgive me Lisa" (Kauffman to Lisa garland perhaps?). Unfortunately we will never know more about this project, and that increases my hate to Konami even more. :argh::negative:

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
What I meant was that it was probably a tech demo to show what the Fox Engine could do for horror games, then they added a Silent Hill loading logo afterwards and said it was the teaser for a Silent Hill game.

It probably didn't get to the concept art and rough script stage.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
They were still talking about changing major things, such as being FPP or TPP, and being open world or not as late as the teaser trailer at E3 last year, so it was most likely not even past the planning stage when they cancelled it. At least we got P.T. which is a pretty cool little adventure, although removing it from PSN is a dick move. Even if Silent Hills never gets made P.T. is worth playing for its own sake.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
hutWw.png

Perkel

Arcane
Good shit project got cancelled.
This shouldn't even be named Silent Hill.

They should name it "FRIDAY SCARE"

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is a bitter blow to anyone who actually likes video games, unlike the tryhard hipster faggots in this thread. You don't even deserve games.

Sometimes I am just appalled at how you can generally have good taste with RPGs, only to have absolutely no taste whatsoever when it comes to any other genre, be it horror, fighting games, shoot 'em ups, anything. Like, you literally don't see quality when it's in front of you. You can't distinguish gold from shit and it's really quite sad because in the end, you're the ones missing out on good games. And yes, there's always a lot of trash. Always has been, always will.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Well... I'm being generous here. At least they can usually tell there's something good about Fallout and something bad about Oblivion.

Black_Willow

Arcane
This is a bitter blow to anyone who actually likes video games, unlike the tryhard hipster faggots in this thread. You don't even deserve games.

Sometimes I am just appalled at how you can generally have good taste with RPGs, only to have absolutely no taste whatsoever when it comes to any other genre, be it horror, fighting games, shoot 'em ups, anything. Like, you literally don't see quality when it's in front of you. You can't distinguish gold from shit and it's really quite sad because in the end, you're the ones missing out on good games. And yes, there's always a lot of trash. Always has been, always will.

Said a guy who liked Diablo 3 and Derp Souls.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Exactly. You're a moron. You've always been a moron. You're Russian, aren't you? Don't feel bad, your people can't help it.

I watched a playthrough of PT and I thought it had a pretty cool vibe. Might've actually ended up a decent game or something that at least comes closer to recreating that surreal feel of real Silent Hill games than other shameful attempts. Oh well, sucks. I'm seriously starved for something like that as none of the other horror games seem to get it, even the ones I liked.

Last edited:
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

I really liked the SH games made by Team Silent, but later on when the next installments of the series were given to be developed by inferior people who really didn't had an idea what makes this series good. It's better to have a superb track record and stop than just trying to cash grab and make another obligatory game that you will not remember after a couple of weeks.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
That's not what this was going to be, though. And I agree with you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom