Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Single player MMO experience

Ebonsword

Arcane
Perhaps I should have been more explicit, but party-based would be a requirement for this type of game. The idea being to recreate the enjoyable parts of an MMO (exploration, dangerous areas, interesting boss fights) without the things that drag (massive time commitments, requiring a dozen friends to be online and interested, etc).

I've always played MMOs solo. :obviously:

kain611

Augur
A game that is like multiboxing a full party in WoW (or some other similar game), but you have better scripts and some kind of customizable AI for the other characters, so you don't have to constantly switch between them (although you certainly can). And then some party banter like Wizardry 8. Player made characters. Minimal story/cutscenes, lots of combat.

Could be cool.

The .hack series on Playstation 2 fits the bill.

J1M

Arcane
That's not what the thread is about. It is really sad how many of you guys only read the title.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Well the premise of the thread seems pretty dumb. You're basically asking for crappy RTwP party based rpgs that also have open worlds? Pretty sure that isn't a thing.

butchy

Prospernaut
I read it, comprehended what you asked for, and used my superior intellect to tell you what you are really looking for. But, it seems Inspirit was an unauthorized version of the game and the real version will be released by Webzen soon. It is going to be called EOLA or something like that. And I will say your welcome now in advance of you trying this and seeing it is what you really want. Your welcome.

bloodlover

Arcane
Gothic 3 comes to mind. The world is huge, there is a lot of exploring to be done, you can reach a very high level and there are tons of quests.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom