Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Worth?

• Yes

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Another F:NV playtrough instead

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Go play an actual cRPG faggot.

Votes: 13 33.3%

• Total voters

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Fast question, is it worth playing? Or is it just more the same stuff?

circ

Arcane
I think it's alright considering it's by Bethesda. Lots to do - Hermaeus Mora's realm is pretty neat especially. But like a lot of DLC, once you're done with its main quest and the odd side quest, I found no reason to return there.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If you're playing Skyrim, you should play Dragonborn. It's one of the best parts of the game. Nice environmental design, great new soundtrack, a good bit of content and fun quest rewards.

Nothing amazing, but I had very fun with it.

DraQ

Arcane
It's better than any of Morrowind's expansions.
It's much better take on Solstheim than Bloodmoon was.
It's also much better mini-Morrowind in Skyrim than Bloodmoon was mini-Skyrim in Morrowind.
It is much better crafted world as well than Bloodmoon's endless copypasta - which is interesting in its own right as it also satisfies seemingly contradictory need to stay true to Bloodmoon's worldspace and dungeons (albeit not slavishly).
Lastly, The Apocrpyha (the realm of Hermaeus Mora) are pretty strange and have good art direction as well as some interesting quirks and mechanics, even though segments you can visit are relatively self contained and linear.

You also get to meet Neloth (he's mellowed out since Morrowind - though still well within the "arrogant asshole" area on personality spectrum, also, apparently he wasn't murdered by Nerevarine over that robe - inexplicably) and there is a lot of other Morrowind nostalgia fodder.

Overall, if you enjoyed MW's expansions, DB is definitely worth it, if you just enjoyed MW, it might be worth it as well and if you enjoyed ANYTHING about Oblivion, then you shouldn't even be asking that question.

Jarmaro

Liturgist
Lol, 6 hours and I am done. I did everything that was worth doing. As DLC it was pretty good, but I expected more. Definitely better than vanilla, but it's still skyrim.
By the way, in reviews they said it's 30h content and that there are many puzzles. 6h for everything and I haven't seen anything worth being named puzzle :retarded:

if you enjoyed ANYTHING about Oblivion
Tried playing it 3 times, never got into more than for 5 hours, I just cannot play this game, there's nothing good about it.

DraQ

Arcane
By the way, in reviews they said it's 30h content and that there are many puzzles. 6h for everything and I haven't seen anything worth being named puzzle :retarded:
Based on Skyrim (which I actually consider decent overall) I don't think there is anyone left at Bethesda who grasps the concept of puzzle.

if you enjoyed ANYTHING about Oblivion
Tried playing it 3 times, never got into more than for 5 hours, I just cannot play this game, there's nothing good about it.
Gaze upon this thread and despair:
https://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/god-how-i-missed-oblivion.114042/

Mark.L.Joy

Prophet
Yes, so that you can gaze at Morrowind with a heavy sigh and think there's a better game there to play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom