Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Tbh the last thing Todd really worked on was Bloodmoon. Since then he's been a project director and executive producer (i.e., he walks into the office once in a while and nods silently as he looks over the designers' shoulders), and the "face" of the company because Pete Hines looks like a goddamn supermutant.

You should, because of the loot.

There's no better loot than a girl's heart.

psc___the_nord_and_ahnassi_by_aimo-d39mja8.jpg

Last edited:

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
Tbh, the main reason I dindn't try the earlier Scrolls' games is because the ancient 3D graphics age a lot worse than their 2D counterparts, so I'm pushing them down in my backlog. Because, even though I seriously doubt they are very good, I want to try them out.

There's no better loot than a girl's heart.

Cuidado aí com isso... Sometimes they come cursed and unequipping them is a real pain!

Sjukob

Arcane
Tbh, the main reason I dindn't try the earlier Scrolls' games is because the ancient 3D graphics age a lot worse than their 2D counterparts, so I'm pushing them down in my backlog. Because, even though I seriously doubt they are very good, I want to try them out.
Don't bother with Morrowind , overhyped and overrated piece of shit as much as Skyrim and Oblivion are , play Daggerfall instead , it's made by completely different people and differs very much from other games in the series in a good way .

Caim

Arcane
Don't bother with Morrowind , overhyped and overrated piece of shit as much as Skyrim and Oblivion are , play Daggerfall instead , it's made by completely different people and differs very much from other games in the series in a good way .

I find it difficult to judge objectively between Skyrim and Oblivion; I think in terms of technical and artistic merits they're both roughly at the same level. I'm primarily discerning between the two based on which one I find more fun to play, which is Oblivion.

Neither Oblivion or Skyrim is really a cerebral experience, but I do find myself immersed in Oblivion's world world a lot easier and a lot more willing to sacrifice an unhealthy amount of time into the game. And I just find my moment-to-moment fun a great deal greater.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Nah, he's sortof right. If you stop treating Oblivion like a sequel to Morrowind and actual RPG and play it as a casual fantasy romp like Diablo or Golden Axe it's pretty OK.

I'd give it 7/10.

Caim

Arcane
Well, they gotta figure out how to upgrade the Morrowind engine somehow, right? That shit takes time.

If you unquestioningly reinforce the circlejerk hivemind consensus will the late bloomer's join date be treat as an innocuous deformity rather than a debilitating retardation.

my need for validation is strong

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I don't understand. Everything Oblivion does better than Skyrim, Morrowind does better than Oblivion. The few things Oblivion does better than Morrowind, Skyrim does better than Oblivion. Oblivion is the worst of both worlds.

DraQ

Arcane
I don't understand. Everything Oblivion does better than Skyrim, Morrowind does better than Oblivion. The few things Oblivion does better than Morrowind, Skyrim does better than Oblivion. Oblivion is the worst of both worlds.
And quite a few things Morrowind does better than Oblivion Skyrim also does better than Oblivion.

Oblivion is just sucking supermassive black hole of game design and anyone preferring it over Skyrim simply shows their true colors as either an uncritical hipstard who operates according to simplistic older==better mindset, or at best an early teens dewguzzler for whom Oblivion is already a patina encrusted classic from ages long past and who is physically prevented from gaining meaningful experience of anything older by either their inability to process images not containing bloom or inability to parse written/spoken directions, forcing them to fake their appreciation for any actually good old RPGs in order to seem cool, which sadly unravels due to their genuine (or also faked) appreciation for the oldest games they could have actually played enough to possess some knowledge of.
+M

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Skyrim didn't have Shivering Isles, and that's why I prefer Oblivion over Skyrim. Oblivion also had stats, absorbtion, reflection etc. which made combat a bit more interesting. At least for me. I mean sure level scalling is immersion-breaking as fuck, but level scaled dragons getting killed at level 1 are much worse. I mean yeah in Oblivion you can kill king of worms at level 1, but the game doesn't expect you to, and most players will at least gain a few levels before killing him. Dragons on the other hand are killable (and are required to be killed) since the beginning, which is pathetic considering the fact that you encounter non-level scaled giants from time to time, which are much stronger than any dragon you might run into.

Animal

Savant
Shitposter
If you have two girls (men/transgenders/transvestites/shemales/hefemales) totally devoid of interesting things to say, you'll probably go for a ride with the better looking one.

As such, Skyrim is better than Oblivion and both are crap.

It's not that uncommon. Original game is well received, they change things for the sequel but the changes suck, third game ditches them and attempts to follow the first game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom