Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim Special Edition

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I feel for you guys. I also get VERY ANGRY on anonymous gaming forums. Those places are the worst.

DraQ

Arcane
Over ambitious and not well thought out is what a lot of these mods fall in. Some of these are great concepts, but they try to do too much. Better vampires is the perfect example. I saw the demo, and it looks wildly overpowered.

Skyrim does need a lot of mods, but my best run thus far was just using YASH and minimal mods. I'd highly recommend using YASH if you want the vanilla experience with more challenge, but I will say YASH is fucking hard. I think it's easily more difficult than Requiem.
There was a time when YASH seemed really tempting. Lightweight solutions, be it mods or other kinds of stuff, are attractive and elegant.
However, the two problems with YASH are:
  • Higher-end materials require skill above threshold to be effective. This makes no sense from not only simulationist perspective - for example, a steel sword DOES NOT require any extra skill over an iron one, if anything the opposite is true because iron sword is less durable and easier to damage if used improperly (there are exceptions, for example a glass weapon would require more skill, but they are just that: exceptions) - but also from a gamist one, because it does not allow one to reap rewards from taking risks (high level gear, obtained by tackling high level content will be useless at lower levels when one has not yet had an opportunity to reach required skill level). It's shit design through and through.
  • The author has taken his time to drop by here and confirm that, yes, he is a fucking retard and therefore physically incapable of making anything worthwhile.
So much for a promising, lightweight mod.
+M

I actually beat Oblivion, but I couldn't do it with Skyrim.
:prosper:
The fuck am I reading.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
81557-11-1484653935.png

81557-25-1484654079.png

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What mostly makes that screenshots ugly is that the lighting is completely flat and devoid of all shadow.
I've gotten way better results with just SkyrimHD and the ELFX mod.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Relive the decline that was Obliturd in the Skyrim Engine!

Wander again in one gaming's most generic game world's, this time has mod for the most overrated and souless game ever made!

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And of course:

So Fallout 4 VR is PC (Vive) only, and Skyrim VR is PS VR only?

circ

Arcane
Skooma Cat tell khajiit there would be skooma in pathetic village. WRONG. Khajiit seething with anger. Khajiit is FURRYOUS.

F4hcPVe.jpg

No wonder I don't play khajiit, the tail animations were made by retards. How the fuck can you get away with work that sloppy? It's like the hilarious torch holding animation - which doesn't even fucking loop properly, with the end frame being misaligned with the first frame. Holy fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom