Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim VR is out

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Anyone else getting motion sickness just watching the video? When he moved too the camera fast, that shit hit me.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Anyone else getting motion sickness just watching the video? When he moved too the camera fast, that shit hit me.
You can't get motion sickness from 2d shit, this isn't VR you're looking at, you're watching youtube.

Nice placebo.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
I have it, haven't played a whole lot though since VR is pretty straining for me at the moment. It's pretty cool though. Wielding weapons feels cool, especially the bow. Skyrim is as shit as ever, but as a VR game it's pretty cool.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You can't get motion sickness from 2d shit, this isn't VR you're looking at, you're watching youtube.

Nice placebo.
Placebo? What the fuck is your retarded ass on about? Look at how weird the camera is throughout the video. It's just awkward as hell. I'm not sure what it's called, but the feeling hit me like I'm in a car trying to read a book. Sit your fucking faggity ass down, cuck motherfucker.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Between Bethesda selling the same shit over and over again and Beamdog leeching off off other peoples' work I don't know which company is worse anymore.

Dexter

Arcane
Look at how weird the camera is throughout the video. It's just awkward as hell. I'm not sure what it's called
In VR it's called "looking around" since the camera moves with the position of your head and how you move it.

Cael

Arcane
The only impressions Skyrim VR would make is the one when it hits the bin.

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist
Could you imagine the complaints to the landlord from your neighbors?
"Yeah that guy next door, he kept screaming fus ro dah at 2 in the morning"
"I think he might be taking some drugs"

JRIz

Augur
So this VR stuff is all about immersion, right? Why then do your hands and your sword float in the air before you with no arms attached? Are they really so lazy that couldn't find a way to make a skeleton respond to your input?

Dexter

Arcane
So this VR stuff is all about immersion, right? Why then do your hands and your sword float in the air before you with no arms attached? Are they really so lazy that couldn't find a way to make a skeleton respond to your input?
Itz because dis is a port & Bethesda r lazy:

Btw. this software can apparently be used as a torture device: https://www.roadtovr.com/42-hours-skyrim-vr-latest-attempt-longest-vr-marathon/
42 Hours in ‘Skyrim VR’ – The Latest World Record Attempt for Longest VR Marathon
By Scott Hayden - Apr 21, 2018

Andreas Hauber, a German VR enthusiast, claims to have just beat the Guinness World Record for longest VR marathon, a bar that was previously set by Australian Jack McNee last year at a grand total of 36 hours, two minutes and 16 seconds in VR painting program Tilt Brush (2016).

As reported by German VR publication VRODO, Hauber spent 42 hours playing Skyrim VR for the world record attempt.

According to VRODO, Hauber adhered “to the strictest Guinness rules,” including stipulations that he had to register the attempt over a year ago with Guinness and required 20 independent witnesses to document every step of the way.

image courtesy Andreas Hauber

Of course, there are a few more rules than that to keep in mind. Hauber wasn’t allowed to sleep during his time spent in Skyrim VR using a HTC Vive Pro; witnesses checked up on him every five to ten minutes. No mods were allowed, and some form of controller input was required every 20 seconds—a ’90s-era rule that was fairly simple to overcome considering even the slightest movement of the VR headset or motion controllers would fulfill the requirement.

Some respite was allowed however; every successfully completed hour meant Hauber accrued a ten-minute break, which he was able to store up for bathroom breaks, food, etc.

Hauber hasn’t been crowned yet, as Guinness is still processing the attempt, no doubt going over each witness’ log entries and using the Twitch video as further proof that Hauber actually broke the record. VRODO podcaster Christian Steiner however was present, and even got a chance to sit as a witness for a four-hour period with Hauber.

While that’s not enough to call this a definitive record breaker just yet, it appears the German attempt was both well-organized and efficiently completed. We’d expect no less from our friends across the ocean.

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
42 Hours in ‘Skyrim VR’ – The Latest World Record Attempt for Longest VR Marathon
By Scott Hayden - Apr 21, 2018

Some respite was allowed however; every successfully completed hour meant Hauber accrued a ten-minute break, which he was able to store up for bathroom breaks, food, etc.
Wait one second. For every hour he got a 10 minute break, which he could accrue. So after 12 hours, you have two hours to use. After 24 hours, you have 4 hours. 42 hours, you have 7 hours. off?

I'll bet SOMEONE here could play FO:NV in VR mode for greater than 42 hours. I mean, it takes longer than that just to get to Vegas. Play for 24 hours, sleep for 3, use the remaining hour for bathroom, food, whatever. Someone could make 48 hours, easy.

Self-Ejected

buru5

Very Grumpy Dragon
Patron

beta fag detected

consider suicide

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom