Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
And I can't tell if you're stupid enough to think that Beth will still use Skyrim-level tech on F4.
I think Bethesda's stupid enough to do it, and their audience is stupid enough that it will probably work.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
And I can't tell if you're stupid enough to think that Beth will still use Skyrim-level tech on F4.
I think Bethesda's stupid enough to do it, and their audience is stupid enough that it will probably work.

:updatedmytxt:

I'll reserve the right to return to you and use this quote against you once F4 gets announced in all it's glory.

Gozma

Arcane
Beth techromancers are forging rings of power that will allow a person to walk through a doorway and see exteriors from windows even as we speak, peasants

imweasel

once F4 gets announced in all it's glory
7MAUZnt.jpg

pippin

I don't give a shit about tech stuff, because Beth has more broken engines than a wrecking yard. I'm more interested to see what will they try to do with the story and the plot, since they pretty much already did all they could do within the possibilities of a Fallout game, and we know how that went. I do hope they include something like the Blade Runner sidequest in 3, which was the only thing that felt truly relevant.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
This video should be mandatory in every Bethesda thread ever on first page to let us not forget.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I don't give a shit about tech stuff, because Beth has more broken engines than a wrecking yard. I'm more interested to see what will they try to do with the story and the plot, since they pretty much already did all they could do within the possibilities of a Fallout game, and we know how that went. I do hope they include something like the Blade Runner sidequest in 3, which was the only thing that felt truly relevant.
My prediction: the story will involve a conflict between two factions, one 100% good, the other 100% evil. The player character will join the good faction and defeat the evil one.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My prediction: the story will involve a conflict between two factions, one 100% good, the other 100% evil. The player character will join the good faction and defeat the evil one.
Will both factions trying be trying to kill each other to achieve the same thing?

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014

Mate, if Bethesda put some serious effort into the story, characters and plot, Bethtards would be heartbroken.

Look at their reaction to New Vegas if you don't believe me.

deuxhero

Arcane
In Morrowind holding shift to walk while entering menus and dialog will toggle your run mod if you aren't holding shift when you exit them.

This easily reproduced bug is present in Skyrim, despite using a "new engine".

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Pretty sure even Morgoth doesn't believe his propaganda about the 'new' Creation engine. For the untold millions they make off of this series it's laughable they still used gamebryo. And probably still will for FO4.

pippin

In Morrowind holding shift to walk while entering menus and dialog will toggle your run mod if you aren't holding shift when you exit them.

This easily reproduced bug is present in Skyrim, despite using a "new engine".

Actually I think Caps Lock toggled bewteen running and normal walking.
This is a thing I've noticed in Morrowind, Oblivion and both new Fallout games.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Beth is retarded in many departments, but tech is not one of them.
:lol:

Ok wise guy, if Bethesda isn't utterly retarded when it comes to tech, why does this mod exist?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50305/?

Competent enough to sell 20 million units anyway.

Get it? Bethesda can sell these kind of numbers with a "broken" engine while some dipshits like Bioware using cutting-edge Frostbite engine can't even make a fracture of that.

Next up on the RantCodex: Whining about Underrail's atrocious 15 year old tech and why this will impair the game's quality. :roll:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I actually believe Bethesda when say they have replaced every bit of code from gamebryo.

However, they've replaced it piece by piece, so the overall structure from gamebryo is still there, and I bet a lot of modules have to be bug-compatible with the old code to keep the whole thing from breaking.

Just remembered that the camkills in Skyrim are identified as "VATS" in the code :M

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/23263

I came across this a while ago and thought I should share it with the community. Adding this simple line to the Skyrim.ini will disable slow motion killmoves and forced perspective. If you're playing in third person, your killmove will be in real time third person. If you're in first person, your killmove will be in real time first person.

The Skyrim.ini is located in your documents/mygames/skyrim

Add:

[VATS]
bVATSDisable=1

Original Engine, Do Not Steal

Cadmus

Arcane
I actually believe Bethesda when say they have replaced every bit of code from gamebryo.

However, they've replaced it piece by piece, so the overall structure from gamebryo is still there, and I bet a lot of modules have to be bug-compatible with the old code to keep the whole thing from breaking.
What reason do you have for believing that shit?

Telengard

Arcane
This video should be mandatory in every Bethesda thread ever on first page to let us not forget.

I should have my friend upload some of his videos. I have no idea what he did, butt he messed with the speed of the prison train during the intro movie. So, it turns out the gate is on a timer, and not triggered by the prison train's approach. It opens and closes after the set amoung of time has passed, no matter what. So, if you slow the wagon train down, the gate opens and closes before it gets there, and it never open again, trapping the entire train outside, and thus the game never starts. But that's not the real funny one, just shows ineptitude. The real funny one is when you speed up the train.

When speeded, the gate opens after the prison train gets there, but the wagon train doesn't stop when its gets to the blocked door, instead all of the horses and carts all run into each other, in a huge tangled mess. But your cart backs up in this crazy diagonal movement at these weird angles, waiting for the mess to clear. Then the gate opens, and the train begins trying to untangle, but your cart can't wait apparently, so way now open, you drive OVER them - right up the side and over the heads of the horses and carts. But having done that, you don't come down the other side and onto the road, oh no. Because of where you are, there's no room for that, but you come down anyway, and thus you come down on the far side of the fence that runs alongside the road. Which means there's no path to get back to the road. But does the cart stop? No. Trapped, it drives up the side of the nearest building and onto the roof, and proceeds to get stuck up there on the roofs, driving around in circles.

Cadmus

Arcane
Why don't you provide us some evidence of the opposite first Cadmus?
you fucking asshole made me google it so here goes the first link I found regarding the code http://peter.corrosivetruths.org/2011/12/21/is-skyrims-creation-just-gamebryo/ there's stuff remaining from gamebryo but besides that, they obviously just updated some shit so it doesn't say "gamebryo" but it's the same floaty shit combat, the same shit textures, same bugs (like the inventory running, the game becoming sluggish later on) the same shitty loading in the same places, the same restrictions for mods etc etc. go fuck yourself

however, you are blind fucking asshole of a troll if you can't see the game plays exactly as shitty in the same way as FO3 and Oblivion

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
you fucking asshole made me google it so here goes the first link I found regarding the code http://peter.corrosivetruths.org/2011/12/21/is-skyrims-creation-just-gamebryo/ there's stuff remaining from gamebryo but besides that, they obviously just updated some shit so it doesn't say "gamebryo" but it's the same floaty shit combat, the same shit textures, same bugs (like the inventory running) the same shitty loading in the same places, the same restrictions for mods etc etc. go fuck yourself

however, you are blind fucking asshole of a troll if you can't see the game plays exactly as shitty in the same way as FO3 and Oblivion

"I also want to stress, once again:

• Creation is most certainly not the same thing as Gamebryo."

Game Over. I win.

Also this:

pad.jpg

What kind of shit blogs do you read?

Cadmus

Arcane
you fucking asshole made me google it so here goes the first link I found regarding the code http://peter.corrosivetruths.org/2011/12/21/is-skyrims-creation-just-gamebryo/ there's stuff remaining from gamebryo but besides that, they obviously just updated some shit so it doesn't say "gamebryo" but it's the same floaty shit combat, the same shit textures, same bugs (like the inventory running) the same shitty loading in the same places, the same restrictions for mods etc etc. go fuck yourself

"I also want to stress, once again:

• Creation is most certainly not the same thing as Gamebryo."

Game Over. I win.

Also this:

pad.jpg

What kind of shit blogs do you read?
it is you who can't into reading

-the argument was "everything from gamebryo has been replaced"
-I took 5 seconds to google a blog that shows line of code from gamebryo

you are a moran

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom