Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout 4 Pre-Announcement Bullshit Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

pippin

Even amongst FO3 kiddies, multiplayer is not something most people would want. When one comments about it, it has more of a negative reaction rather than a positive one.
Besides, it WILL be TESO2.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Even amongst FO3 kiddies, multiplayer is not something most people would want. When one comments about it, it has more of a negative reaction rather than a positive one.
Besides, it WILL be TESO2.

Never doubt Bethesda, if it is stupid, it must be in.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
ruh-roh, Fallout 4 to be with multiplayer?

Josh Hamrick leaves Bungie after six years to join Fallout developer.Josh was previously a big name within Bungie for working on online games including Halo Reach and Destiny, and moving onto Bethesda he might be overseeing an already in place gameplay system.

do you really want some guy bouncing around a hub world, dancing and emote-ing?

http://gamingbolt.com/fallout-4-why-a-possible-multiplayer-component-could-ruin-the-upcoming-rpg

Josh Hamrick, senior gameplay designer on Bungie's Destiny, has joined Bethesda. He was responsible for gunplay of Destiny and Halo: Reach.

https://twitter.com/Josh_Hamrick/status/581639548154724352

I think he will overseeing guns in Fallout 4. Isn't that more natural than multiplayer thing?

Jozoz

Prophet
People are raving about not being able to play Skyrim with friends already. It might be completely retarded, but co-op is a feature many people want.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit, but I just know it will affect how the entire game is designed. I sincerely doubt they are gonna make a single player tailored world and then just add in co-op.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm pretty sure the existence of co-op or not will not determine if Fallout 4 is good.

it's gonna be shit either way

lurker3000

Arcane
This is the first time I've looked into this thread. 158 pages makes me wonder if I should actually finish FO3.

Probably not.

Crevice tab

Savant
I think he will overseeing guns in Fallout 4. Isn't that more natural than multiplayer thing?

Hopefully. The gunplay and combat in general could use being utterly scrapped and replaced with something sane some improvement.

People are raving about not being able to play Skyrim with friends already. It might be completely retarded, but co-op is a feature many people want.

Normally I wouldn't give a shit, but I just know it will affect how the entire game is designed. I sincerely doubt they are gonna make a single player tailored world and then just add in co-op.

Would even Bethesda be stupid enough to ad co-op after Skyrim's excellent success as a single player game?

I mean they did dumb things in the past but they seem to have started to very slowly crawl towards a saner approach regarding public feedback.

Gozma

Arcane

That implies Bethesda games are designed, when in fact the "design" basically just happens to a big heightmap that people in the Beth sweatshop stuck trees and cave openings on. They'd implement co-op kinda like they implemented horses in Skyrim

Nael

Arcane

That implies Bethesda games are designed, when in fact the "design" basically just happens to a big heightmap that people in the Beth sweatshop stuck trees and cave openings on. They'd implement co-op kinda like they implemented horses in Skyrim

You are forgetting the AAA+ voice acting. Y'know... the stuff that really makes a good a RPG.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Instead of one brokenly overpowered hero wandering the wastes now there will be two! Both with companions! For a game you have to bend over backwards to mod to make challenging I'll never understand why people want coop.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Why the fuck does Three Dog have a following? The character was supremely fucking stupid and the voice acting for it was horrible. The voice acting for all of FO3 was horrible, but his was especially bad.

Drax

Arcane
The voice acting was good, if the character is written as an entitled self-proclaimed guru moron and the result is an entitled self-proclaimed guru moron, it is finely acted.

pippin

The voice acting was good, if the character is written as an entitled self-proclaimed guru moron and the result is an entitled self-proclaimed guru moron, it is finely acted.

I pretty much think this was the case, at least with most major characters. I mean look at Moira. In the end it's kinda ironic the game looks so green, given how much Bethesda loves recycling things.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
HLr2voN.jpg

pippin

I think at one point Three Dog tells you his broadcasts are pre-recorded (fake edit: it is on his dialogue file, at least). However you can kill him, and his place is taken by his collaborator, which is quite the opposite of him and reminds you every time how you killed Three Dog in her broadcasts.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Liam Neeson and Malcolm McDowell (Eden) were the only two voice actors I could stand in that entire game.
The rest were atrocious and had equally horrible recording quality to match, they're full of unfiltered noise! (listen for it, there's a buzzing sound)

I'd bet actual money that the chucklefucks at bethesda have no idea what the 'nyquist frequency' is.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Wonder what kind of movie stars Beth gonna hire for Fallout 4, they must be swimming in money from Skyrim and have a lot to spend on F4

Drax

Arcane

:lol:

Wonder what kind of movie stars Beth gonna hire for Fallout 4, they must be swimming in money from Skyrim and have a lot to spend on F4

It seems that by the time FO:NV was being made, they realized they needed to up their V.O. skills before getting more of that sweet, sweet AAA dorra.
If they follow NV's standard for main character voice actors, that should be the only part of the game I don't worry about.
Hell, they got Worf and Constable Goo for New Vegas... This time they better hire fucking Al Pacino...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom