Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim,worth it?

Neki

Scholar
Got this game from a friend...
She dosen't know much about videogames.

I liked daggerfall and morrowind,Oblivion made me want to go play gothic instead.
Never played Skyrim but heard a lot of things about it.Its more like oblivion or morrowind?

Can I get at least some fun out of it?

Neki

Scholar
So..The game is shit ,Right?

It's a terrible RPG, but it's incredibly addictive. I recommend, however, that you play it with Requiem.
Addictive?How exactly? I saw some stuff and seems like you just talk to people Take a long walk,go into linear dungeons and kill zombies.But the combat looks awful and with no exploration at all, i don't see a motivation to play.

There is something else to the game or its just a button masher?

Neki

Scholar
Uh...I just wanna know if the game can be fun.
I genuinely wanna play the game,but can't be bothered to do it.

Neki

Scholar
I mean if the story is worth it.

I just wanna play because I'm almost scoring with the girl who give me the game.

Neki

Scholar
Then play it for 2 hours or something to see what comes about ffs
Would do,But i got little no time to play games in my life.
Too many stuff to do,i don't wanna waste my 1-2 hrs of gaming in something that i think is shit.
I was hoping for someone to point redemimng factors to the game.The way my friends talk make this game seems like it is the best RPG ever or something.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
Then play it for 2 hours or something to see what comes about ffs
Would do,But i got little no time to play games in my life.
Too many stuff to do,i don't wanna waste my 1-2 hrs of gaming in something that i think is shit.
I was hoping for someone to point redemimng factors to the game.The way my friends talk make this game seems like it is the best RPG ever or something.

its a shit fuckin grind unless you get a x10 levelling mod. i also work like a normal human

DraQ

Arcane
Got this game from a friend...
She dosen't know much about videogames.

I liked daggerfall and morrowind,Oblivion made me want to go play gothic instead.
Never played Skyrim but heard a lot of things about it.Its more like oblivion or morrowind?

Can I get at least some fun out of it?
Short version:
Vanilla game is much better than Oblivion and noticeably better than Morrowind's expansions, so are the expansions or at least Dragonborn. So, yes, although not nearly as much fun as from vanilla Morrowind, and there is some mechanical dumbing down involved.
With the right selection of mods - mainly Requiem (requires Dawnguard expansion, SKSE and a new game), 3DNPCs and DCO - to correct its most glaring shortcomings it becomes downright excellent.

Long version:
Nah, can't be arsed to write it. Search this subforum with my nick and you should find some fairly comprehensive write-up, otherwise you might try pestering me in this thread (bring bribes).

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
It's a Bethesda Game (TM) so you're not going to do it for the story. If you want calming hack-n-slash fest with little RPG elements and lite chargen, you might like Skyrim. If you don't have much gaming time, one thing to consider is that it doesn't take much effort to get into. If you're going to enjoy it, give it an hour at most after the tutorial, if you aren't enjoying yourself at that point, then you probably wouldn't enjoy it. If you liked Bloodmoon, then Dragonborn would be a decent nostalgia trip.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It's not bad. I'm still fucking around with the game modding different shit. Yeah, you spend a lot more time sorting out mods than actually playing, but when you get it to run perfectly, it's pretty satisfying. Nothing else in my radar at the moment in terms of videogames. You also have Enderal, which I'm hearing is pretty good. It takes a lot of trouble-shooting and research to mod this fucking game right, though.

Neki

Scholar
I can see why you are thinking about playing a sandbox game then, makes total sense.
I like sandboxes+sometimes i have free weekends.Also a 30-40 hrs game will give me a month or maybe two of Not wasting my money on games sweet gaming

Can someone please put a list of essential mods to play the game?

Neki

Scholar
Why would you play a rpg where horses are so dispersable that if you steal one nobody will give a shit?
Fornication,coitus,copulate,root,shag,ravish,etc

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom