Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sleeping Dogs

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
my eu retail box came today. i was expecting it to allow me to install it from dvd, not having to strain my mobile internet.. but nooo... installing it from dvd fucking triggers a 5.5gb preload. fuck you steam.
Still better than my Steam only version which was a 10 gig download.

Elim

Augur
Project: Eternity
Censored here, well, time to wait for my favorite retailer to make it available.

Deleted member 7219

It's quite good.

Best thing about it is the look and feel of everything. This is Hong Kong. You drive on the left. Little things remind you of the UK... traffic ballards and shit. You get the sense that this used to be a successful colony 15 years ago, and now the Chinese have fucked everything up.

I have the HD textures but it really isn't anything to gawp at, this isn't Skyrim, but the little bells and whistles are nice like the reflections on cars.

The plot itself is interesting. In most GTA clones you're some retarded gang member seeking power (Saints Row series) or just want to blow shit up (Just Cause series). In this you're an undercover cop with some mental health issues. Your bosses keep checking up on you to make sure you're not forgetting who you're working for. Meanwhile, you have a family connection to some of your fellow gangsters, they knew your sister when you were a kid and there's a few dirty jokes about her at the start of the game. Kind of reminds me of San Andreas, the only game I've played which really nailed the feeling of being in a gang.

The combat system is a lot like the Batman: Arkham games and it is brutal. You can throw people into phone booths and kick the shit out of them. You can charge them head first into extractor fans and see their heads get cut up. When you do Batman style 'finishing moves', you hear the bones break and you see the blood fly. Sometimes I found it satisfying, other times I was actually worried about what I was seeing on screen.

Multi-headed Cow

Inexplicably tempted to pick this up for some reason. Not entirely sure why, other than I like open world games in general I guess.

Could get it for $25 from the ruskies which seems reasonable. Not sure I'll succumb or not.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
17€... eeeeh, what the the hell.

sdcavedin.jpg

精人出口,笨人出手

sd_artsy_01.jpg

sd_artsy_02.jpg

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Lolz.

1. Include an option in the options menu for enabling high quality textures.
2. Make high quality textures default "on" on ultra setting.
3. Enable enabling that option on all retail copies.
4. Don't include those textures on standard retail, make it separate free DLC instead.
5. ???

Ermm

Erudite

Have to confess, AngryJoeShow is one of my guilty pleasures. He actually sometimes can be funny as a stand-up clown.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Poor man's GTA? 'the fuck? It is better than GTA! Also, Angry Joe's review is a piece of shit.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
No thanks. I'll just wait for the real thing (GTA V).

These open world action games, it's kinda like with Diablo clones: Many are being made, but they never come close to the original, because these frauds lack the dedication, expertise, heartblood and time to turn it into perfection.

The world does not need more average Diablo and GTA clones.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
It seems pretty interesting, and it might be better than those new, faggy GTAs that (also) look like Sim Copter, but there is no way in hell that it beats the original Grand Theft Auto.

:mca:

(which also had a whole bunch of awesome Chinamen missions)

zeitgeist

Magister
Is it a feature complete game as it stands or are there many features to be released as DLC later on (things that you'll pretty much have to replay the game for)?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
These open world action games, it's kinda like with Diablo clones: Many are being made, but they never come close to the original, because these frauds lack the dedication, expertise, heartblood and time to turn it into perfection.
And it seems not even Blizzard can pull Diablo anymore....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom