Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sleeping Dogs

Comrade Goby

Magister
Project: Eternity

Live action Sleeping Dogs.

Made for cheap with some petty Square cash by some amateur.

Fight scenes look amazing for the budget.Like you wouldn't be able to tell it's not a pro film.[/media]

Don Peste

Arcane
I love this game

06166B7985CCB9C8552727A6167C601D3B3D3C07

Keshik

Arcane
Ending is a bit rushed, I found, but was fun. Shame snapping people's legs doesn't prevent them from kicking you (or well..standing again), but the reaction of other nearby enemies is pretty funny.

Ermm

Erudite
The game is just a gimmicky piece of shit. Also, I recently played new Driver 4 game at my friend's Xbox, and honestly, I almost fell asleep. So, maybe open world GTA's and their siblings are not my thing anymore (damn, I even have a Skyrim since January, and I haven't really played it since March). Probably because most of open world's in modren video games are just smoke and mirrors.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The game is just a gimmicky piece of shit. Also, I recently played new Driver 4 game at my friend's Xbox, and honestly, I almost fell asleep. So, maybe open world GTA's and their siblings are not my thing anymore (damn, I even have a Skyrim since January, and I haven't really played it since March). Probably because most of open world's in modren video games are just smoke and mirrors.
Yes, please come into this topic every week to say "this game is gimmicky". You know, because we didn't understand it for the first time.

Ermm

Erudite
Okay doc, see you next monday. But I have to say at least this game held my attention more than the new Driver.

Nigro

Educated
Game is too short IMO, which is a shame, there would have been lot of awesome stuff they could have put into the main story, side quests weren't so great to keep me entertained =(

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Well the first third or so of this game was really fun. Why did I keep playing? If anyone's five hours in or so and has a nagging feeling that the quality is slipping or they've seen all there is to see, you're right. Stop playing. Don't bother. Don't waste your time.

Not a bad game, I guess.

Black Shogun

Educated
I pre-ordered the game and beat it's story after three days.

Overall, the main problem with the game is that it gives you *Spoilers From here on out.* the allusion that there are multiple endings, and then shoves you with an ambiguous one. There aren't enough features, I mean, this is pretty much the only game in which I would LIKE to be bothered about going out to bowl, but I'm never given the chance. The characters are interesting, but under-used. Girlfriends are one night stands. There's no multi player (From what I know of anyways). And thanks to the lack-luster story, there's no reason to replay it.

Overall, the game's decent, but unless there's an even better sequel I don't think that people are going to be talking about it a year from now.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Since the Squeenix pack sold out of keys, Amazon is thinking about putting up a weekly deal of $20 for Sleeping Dogs if anyone is interested in this Morgoth certified GOTY.

Cassidy

Arcane
So, is this a movie or a video game?
Is there a big difference nowadays?

If you are too discerning to buy or even pirate shit movies disguised as games, yes.

If you are an idiot shelling your money everywhere shiny and buying horse armor DLC while wanting to unlock achievements for watching cutscenes, no.

Unfortunately even in the Codex now most belong to the second kind of "gamer".

deuxhero

Arcane
Got this game with my new graphics card and it's fun, but not amazing.

Two biggest flaws are
1: Only 3 types of enemies (One of the gravest sins for a brawler), plus a handful of weapons they may have that are all pretty much the same, the most common of of which intentionally poses almost zero threat when not armed (I would have no problem with a brawler, especially one built on kung fu movies, having cannon fodder foes the hero kills without effort, but its the most common foe in the game by far, plus they aren't quite weak enough to pull it off), and a second type isn't that much better.
2: The enemies are very much into "attack the MC one at a time". Again, perfectly fine for a game built on films where it is common, but it happens the entire game and, because only the guy nearest to you ever attacks, makes fighting large groups boring.

It is one of those games where there are very solid ideas and mechanics in play, but there are some very painful problems in execution. This is easily stuff a sequel would fix, so I would pay attention if one happened.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom