Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, Another World is actually shit (but at least it's short)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Did you play Another World? Do you know what type of gampelay it has? You are smashing one button to shot lasers as fast as you can basicly. That's it.

In that case Broken Age has no gameplay AT ALL.

sser

Arcane
Developer
There's an awful lot of fightin' words being thrown around in this thread.

BTW did you guyz know that some maniacs made Jaguar port of Another World, with blessing from Eric Chachi? Respect!

anotherworld_jaguar_box.jpg

4VKZ

IMG_0048web.jpg

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm pretty sure you are the retarded
Thanks for proving my point. Have you finished part one yet, or are you still stuck on that vexing rollercoaster? I hear that's quite a challenge for heroes like yourself.

DefJam101

Arcane
just because most 5 minute long indie platformer games are banal shit boring doesn't mean an actually imaginative and well-made 5 minute long indie platformer that wants to be a 5 minute long indie platformer must be bad

not every game needs to be a spergfest

Never did like Another World or Oddworld, though I bought the two on release. Prince of Persia never appealed to me neither (while I loved Jordan Mechner's game prior to it, Karateka, even though its gameplay is totally fucked-up). I found Flashback brillant though.

I couldn't explain why I feel like that.

Astral Rag

Arcane
This thread is very retarded but I wasn't really that shocked because it was created by a person who recently wrote:

anybody playing these old games full screen knows how shitty they look.

We were discussing Grim Fandango...

I'm too old for this shit.

Were you even alive in 1991?

Last edited:

Borelli

Arcane
I played Another World as a kid and it blew me away. Maybe it is just one of those "you had to be there" moments. I liked Flashback but not as much as Another world. It's gameplay is more formulaic which for some reason i found boring. It's more like Prince of Persia while i put Another World in the same genre as Abe's Odyssey and Heart of Darkness ("every screen is a puzzle" game).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This thread is very retarded but I wasn't really that shocked because it was created by a person who recently wrote:

We were discussing Grim Fandango...

Were you even alive in 1991?
I was 8 years old. Do you have a problem with that?

J_C has very bad taste, but otherwise is a bro.
Actually I have very good taste in gaming. I love 80% of the golden classics and the really good old games. Might and Magic, Jagged Alliance, Freespace, X-wing, Heroes of MM, Betrayal at Krondor, Fallout, you name it. Many people forget this unfortunatly, just because I enjoy the new games as well and there are a few gameplay elements, that I don't like in one or two old games.

It hurts that people think I have shit taste, when I love all those games the Codex like, plus a few more. :negative:

Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Inf: is this common knowledge? (Or is the old rating something else...)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom