Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Anyway I have no idea how I managed to survive the teamfights I did survive.

We couldn't get to you.

janna2gud when it comes to me and WW, and ashe was locked down by Nasus.

Juul

Learned
Game was won (or lost for us) due to Nasus getting too much farm (this due to too few ganks, and picking WW too early) and janna with clutch ults.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Not really. Sure, you killed me, but you didn't stop me from ulting except once when I flashed right on top of your wall of silence. So yeah, you killed me a few times but at that point it was over. We couldn't deal with Nasus.

Not to mention how a completely ignored Malzahar is a pain in the arse in general, and how he can first drop a call of the void on that ulting warwick and a funky null zone under his feet, later proceeding to lock down some furfag kennen after he gets KO'd by Janna :M

With your team comp, I was expecting to get headbutted each time I used nether grasp while everything else would go for Vayne, but the fact that I actually pulled off all my ults without interrupting was almost hilarious:dance:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
At this point we're just waving dicks so last point: You seriously overestimate what you contributed to those fights. Why do you think you didn't get headbutted? Why do you think you were never focused? Perhaps because we had a team focused so hard around engages (Ashe, WW, Kennen) and the initial engage got completely shut down by Janna. From here, we were so busy protecting the carry and getting to yours, who the fuck cares that you're ulting the 2/6 Kennen whose ult will either be shooting your bros anyway or would have been useless because of Janna all the same? After each of your ult I W'ed and Zhonya'ed anyway, so the two of us had around equal value in the fights (until I was raped horribly and you survived being free to deal more damage, of course).

The simple point of fact is we didn't care about you. We cared about PSYCHO-Nasus who could kill our carry in two blows, our support in three (and who, might I add, dealt more damage to me each team-fight with the fucking AoE from his ulti and 1 Q than you did with everything I got from you - that, mate, is hilarious :lol:).

In short:

the fact that I actually pulled off all my ults without interrupting was almost hilarious

Not really. It was a natural result of the fact that those that could shut you down (WW and the support primarily) were busy with more important tasks than saving me.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Almost forgot! Do you guys have any tips for us (@Darth Roxor, herostratus, Jim Cojones, Jaedar)? When you play sometimes you notice very clear things about the other team that they can't see.

We have one tip for you: Get that fagging oracle's while you're ahead! You would have demolished us with an earlier oracle's (buy it on Nasus and we couldn't get rid of it either). We were sighing of relief all mid-game and crossing our fingers that you would never buy it.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You should have used the KKKodex ventrilo and posted the match times here so the rest of us could've spectated and listened in. I'm always up for seeing Grunker getting his ass handed to him by potato. ;)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
It was very random. Four of Team Grunker were on their way into a normal game when Cojones said "noooooooooooooo, wait, scrimm." Sadly, we were one short, so we used a random guy I know with 231 normal game wins. But he actually played an OK AD Carry (which really surprised me because he usually feeds :p - guess he took it more serious 'cause of scrimm?). Codexia was also a bro short so they used Lhor (which I had on my friend list for some reason - who is he?), and he hard-carried them with insano-Nasus because Team NooB Grunker ignored him early game (he was killed maybe once in early game AFAIR).

I will never forget half-HP Alistar who goes to headbutt Nasus to save WW, takes a single Q to the face, and insta-dies :lol:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Nasus becomes scary if allowed to AFK farm. Would you like to post this on your wall?

Srsly though. We need to get some cross-contamination between the european and slavic servers going. If someone wants my smurf to link to their referral URL, let me know. It's free IP after all.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
If someone wants my smurf to link to their referral URL

Careful: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2088377 - seems like they're breaking out the bats for this issue.

Anyway, yeah, cross-server would be cool. I'm leveling an EU West dude atm when I have nothing else to do. But it's really you westeners who should come to potato and join the fun - we have the majority of codexers AND team grunker here!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, we have the Brotherhood of the BRO [BROBET], the Kodex Kurwa Krew [Kürwa], the BritBROs and both a TS and Ventrilo server. Also, I think the while refer a friend warning is in regards to people trying to lure strangers in with their referral url on jewt00b, their shitty webcomic etc. Or levelling a bunch of smurfs to lv5 themselves. Although that was more profitable under the old referral system. Using it to, you know, refer a Kodex BRO to join your second-rate potato server is what the referral system is actually intended for.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Eh I dunno about tips. Try to get better engages? And remember that nasus descends from top lane like a god amongst mere mortals if you let him farm.

Bot AD was p decent, but it was the Alistar that carried that lane imo.
The reason we never bought on oracles is because I think we never felt like we were ahead.

Feel free to give me free IP @ http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4fb0e324073ba655718647

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Try to get better engages?

We already agree on banning Janna from now on :smug:

nasus lol

As I said, we accept the fact that this lost us the game. Definetely something we'll work on.

Bot AD was p decent, but it was the Alistar that carried that lane imo.

Yeah, watching the replay Juul noted that he didn't attempt to kite Nasus late and didn't follow Ali up in lane as much as he could have. But guy was a random friend, we expected less. He did alright :)

The reason we never bought on oracles is because I think we never felt like we were ahead.

Yeah, I guessed. You should have gone aggressively after a team-fight very earlier. You could have had total map advantage something like 30 minutes into that game. We were so totally fucked when Nasus stopped laning.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
We already agree on banning Janna from now on :smug:

Yeah, I guessed. You should have gone aggressively after a team-fight very earlier. You could have had total map advantage something like 30 minutes into that game. We were so totally fucked when Nasus stopped laning.

In my experience you should ALWAYS get oracles as soon as you've identified which of your jungler/support is least likely to die. Keeping the other team in the dark and knowing if they've seen you approach is such an awesome ability to have. An early oracles on the jungler and regular walks through top/bot river will keep both of those lanes paranoid. You'll also make the enemy support extremely butthurt and likely to neglect warding altogether.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Darth Roxor uses taunt, Grunker fails his saving throw - GREAT SUCCESS :troll:

You seriously overestimate what you contributed to those fights.

Yup, that I am for butthurt effect :troll: in all seriousness though, I know that I wasn't doing much because honestly that's just Malzahar being Malzahar. But still, almost each time I ulted you, you died because you were a sitting duck to dat nasus and couldn't even zhonya + I tried ulting you when you were away from everyone with your ult. That's also probably why Nasus was doing way more damage with his ult and q because the nether grasp by itself doesn't do much damage, it's mostly the null zone and DFG, but I was sending them all around WW and Mundo.

he hard-carried them with insano-Nasus

It was kind of a joint effort, though, because Nasus vs WW was a matchup we all wanted to test for a longer while now, and I specifically took Malz for his strong early-mid game to keep you from running away from your lane to gank shit. So, in other words, just as planned :smug:

As for tips to you, fair Grunker, you need to be less suicidal. For instance, trying to dive Malzahar in lane is NEVER a good idea. You also had some really derpy rush-ins later on that ended with you getting automatically nether grasped and focused to death, like when we were 3 or 4 around the second mid lane turret, you decided to rush in for me and Cheddar, and you got pushed away (by Vayne, I think) almost under our inhibitor, which again, ended with nether grasp + turret + angry Vayne while all your bros were somewhere around our second turret. That's p. much all I noticed, and what the others did too - I remember at least two occasions when someone said 'that Grunker really likes to die, huh'.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I am so easy to troll, at this point I'm not even sure it's worth the effort.

couldn't even zhonya

I only missed Zhonya's in one fight (which wasn't really a team-fight) if you check the replay.

It was kind of a joint effort, though, because Nasus vs WW was a matchup we all wanted to test for a longer while now, and I specifically took Malz for his strong early-mid game to keep you from running away from your lane to gank shit. So, in other words, just as planned
Less because of your planning, I suspect, and more because we sucked :lol:

I should've left my tower to die, and our jungler visited top lane far too little.

As for the tips, thanks (the derp dive sure as hell was derp as fuck - especially me failing to keep track of marks. Had I done that I wouldn't have had to dive because you would have been dead from my W. I watched that part of the replay in quite some agony).

Also, you should watch the replay yourself. I'm kindda curious wth you were doing when you died the first time, almost felt like you lagged out or something. To think I left lane with 2/1 and ended up going 2/6 :lol:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Also, you should watch the replay yourself. I'm kindda curious wth you were doing when you died the first time, almost felt like you lagged out or something. To think I left lane with 2/1 and ended up going 2/6 :lol:

I know, my first three or so deaths were all derp as fuck. To be quite honest, I have no idea myself what I was trying to do at the first one. Second time, I died in that steamroll 'teamfight' at blue because my client suddenly decided to alt-tab like 2 seconds before you all gangraped me. And then third time was close to dragon when I completely derped by sitting around in a bush right next to the enemy team. Horrible, horrible mistakes :<

Reject_666_6

Arcane
The new Skype has this overlay in the top-right corner of your screen, and if you right or left click that area while in game it may bring you out of it. It happened to me twice, so maybe it's that.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I haven't updated skype for ages, and I turned off the pop ups. It was probably a pop up from a potato messenger saying 'LOLOLO SOMEONE IST ONLEIN ^____^ '

Juul

Learned
Picking Nasus after WW pick was really smart. Didn't really think Nasus an option to be honest. Nasus gets sort-of-beasted early, but when he returns with MR and armor, and gets some levels in his W (?, his slow) there's not much to do for WW. So I commend you on that choice/idea. It could have been circumvented if we've had more kills/ganks on Nasus earlier in the game and pushed top further this way.
Also, in retrospect, I should have picked teleport or exhaust against Nasus instead of ignite.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The new Skype has this overlay in the top-right corner of your screen, and if you right or left click that area while in game it may bring you out of it. It happened to me twice, so maybe it's that.
<shamelessplug>There is a codex-only ventrilo server. It has seperate LoL channels named "Team Kwanzania", "Team Limey", "Team Potato" and "Team Kurwa". The more people who use it, the more value it'll have ;)

Ventrilo also comes without dumb overlays, advertizements, notices etc. It has a smaller memory footprint and you Can adjust speech volume on a person-by-person basis </shamelessplug>

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
K, I made a potatoaccount for Hoaxmetal to play with me on. Not sure how much use it'll see. Feel free to add "whorebltch"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom