Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Champs role is preventing you to win the game for your team. For example, I can go mid or support with Lulu with good results, while going jungling is also viable with her, there are other champs that are better suited for that cause that you can select and be a strong point for your team.

Btw, top lane is most boring lane to play. Jungle is where all the fun is. No lasthitting, scan the map and do some ganks.
Oh and those 4 you listed are all toplaners. They can work in jungle too, besides Trundle they are all better off in top lane farming.

Well based on how I played in Dota I always enjoyed playing a Pusher. It's satisfying being able to ravage towers and force the entire other team to address me.

I don't enjoy playing the (primary) role of a ganker as much.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Why 8+ or so champs? What's preventing me from sticking with one champ?

Other people will call/pick/lock solotop and then you're hosed.

Well that's why I listed 3 at first and then 4. (Renektor, Nasus, Trundle, Jax).

Renekton is solotop. Nasus is solotop (can jungle, but it's not as good as it was). Trundle is solotop. Jax is solotop or jungle.

What are you going to do if someone calls top and jungle? None of those champions are going to be of any use in the botlane, and it's highly unlikely they'll survive mid.

Renegen

Arcane
Top is really fun, don't let the haters tell you otherwise. You have to enjoy the MANLY 1v1 though. Quite a few top laners become split pushers, Jax is #1 in that category so he enjoys a 90% ban rate across all regions. I enjoy playing that way too, I do it from the jungle as Nocturne. Trundle kinda fits that role, then there's Lee Sin, Irelia, Shyvana, Teemo, Nidalee, Aatrox, Yasuo, Yorick, Singed, Tryndamere, quite a diverse group.

DragoFireheart

Renekton is solotop. Nasus is solotop (can jungle, but it's not as good as it was). Trundle is solotop. Jax is solotop or jungle.

What are you going to do if someone calls top and jungle? None of those champions are going to be of any use in the botlane, and it's highly unlikely they'll survive mid.

Ok, so then I need a (at the very least) mid, a AD, a jungle, and a support. I'll do so more reading and get back to you.

Between Renekton/Nasus/Trundle which would you suggest as my solotop?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
CrocOP is probably the best of the 3, followed by Trundle. Nasus gets hardcountered by a lot of champs.

DragoFireheart

Alright, so here is what I'm interested in based on some reading:

============
Renekton
Trundle

Mid
=================
Brand
Mordekaiser

Jungler
==================
Cho'Gath
Warwick

Support
============
Thresh
Blitzcrank

AD
===========
Graves
Corki
Master Yi

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
Good list. So when you find yourself in the pre-game lobby make sure to write "Hey guys, prefer top but I can fill, I've got ADC Master Yi and Jungle Cho'gath". You'll get top 100% of the time.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
You can't really play melee AD as a replacement for ranged AD at higher levels, otherwise a decent, if unconventional on some points, list. Really though, try the free champs on rotation to see what you like. A lot of champions are similar enough that if you like X you are likely to like Y as well.

DragoFireheart

You can't really play melee AD as a replacement for ranged AD at higher levels, otherwise a decent, if unconventional on some points, list. Really though, try the free champs on rotation to see what you like. A lot of champions are similar enough that if you like X you are likely to like Y as well.

I didn't see any ranged ADs I wanted to play.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
When we say ad carry we usually mean ranged autoattacker champ. Marksman, not a bruiser.
For a decent AD top/mid/jungle check out Pantheon.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's zerotol. What'd you expect?

The problem with being a melee ADC is that 99% of people who play ADC play a ranged one. so whenever your melee ADC walks up to the creepline to lasthit a creep, you'll get shot at by the other guy, lose health and be unable to retaliate without going all-in. ADCs need to be able to farm in relative safety to get their big, expensive items. So ranged is usually the way to go.

You're shooting yourself in the foot by insisting on playing burly men. But you could give Lucien and Graves a looksee. Corki and Draaaaaaaaaaaaven are good choices as well.

DragoFireheart

Melee ADC :lol:

League of Legends: shit talking before my first game is played!

Yes I know Caitlyn exists.

O you will witness a lot of shit talking, thats for sure!

I've played Dota. Nothing I'm not used to.

It's zerotol. What'd you expect?

The problem with being a melee ADC is that 99% of people who play ADC play a ranged one. so whenever your melee ADC walks up to the creepline to lasthit a creep, you'll get shot at by the other guy, lose health and be unable to retaliate without going all-in. ADCs need to be able to farm in relative safety to get their big, expensive items. So ranged is usually the way to go.

You're shooting yourself in the foot by insisting on playing burly men. But you could give Lucien and Graves a looksee.

Actually I was avoiding anything human.

Just saw an Obama Lucien so no. I'll add Graves to the list.

EDIT: Corki looks fun so I'll add him. Draven looks boring so no.

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
If you want to win games, i would choose the best champion for every role.

Hypercarries when possible, jax for top.

Teammates are stupid as bricks, best way to win games is to carry hard.

best meaning OP obviously.

Your mid choices suck balls and junglers wont carry either. Top needs Jax. Mid Kassadin/Kayle Jungle Leesin/Fiddle

DragoFireheart

If you want to win games, i would choose the best champion for every role.

Hypercarries when possible, jax for top.

Teammates are stupid as bricks, best way to win games is to carry hard.

best meaning OP obviously.

Your mid choices suck balls and junglers wont carry either. Top needs Jax. Mid Kassadin/Kayle Jungle Leesin/Fiddle

I'll make sure to pick Jax as my ban choice in most games.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Bro, why dont you do a 5 game marathon or something then come back with impressions?

Hope you meet a smurf Katarina in your first game. :troll:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Meh, just play with whatever (as long you stick to proper lane). Your levelling games will be a clusterfuck anyway, try to play a game or two with all champs.

DragoFireheart

Meh, just play with whatever (as long you stick to proper lane). Your levelling games will be a clusterfuck anyway, try to play a game or two with all champs.

I'll do this with any free champs.

This was more along the lines of "which champs should I buy outright if I don't fee like farming".

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Don't buy any champs outright. Wait until they're on free rotation and try them out for a couple of games before spending your jewpoints.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Most of them are pretty good value for jewroes. But stick to the free champions to begin with. You need to have an idea what everyone can do by the time you hit 30 and feel like ranked. Messing about with whatever's free this week is a good way to try champs you otherwise might not.

The bundles mostly contain older champions mind you, and there has been some power creep since then. Several of them are still seen regularly in competition matches, but there's going to be a lot of dead weight (lol, Poppy) in them as well.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Poppy is fun for derping. She would be an awesome jungler if they gave her some better sustain or clearing abilities like Warwick or Trundle, Skarner etc got. Even Panth gets away with jungle cause of the passive shield and crit eventho he's not really a solid jungle pick.
I used to run her as supp for a few games, hitting someone into the wall with EQ gives so much satisfaction.

DragoFireheart

Most of them are pretty good value for jewroes. But stick to the free champions to begin with. You need to have an idea what everyone can do by the time you hit 30 and feel like ranked. Messing about with whatever's free this week is a good way to try champs you otherwise might not.

The bundles mostly contain older champions mind you, and there has been some power creep since then. Several of them are still seen regularly in competition matches, but there's going to be a lot of dead weight (lol, Poppy) in them as well.

How about Nunu?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom