Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
Most of them are pretty good value for jewroes. But stick to the free champions to begin with. You need to have an idea what everyone can do by the time you hit 30 and feel like ranked. Messing about with whatever's free this week is a good way to try champs you otherwise might not.

The bundles mostly contain older champions mind you, and there has been some power creep since then. Several of them are still seen regularly in competition matches, but there's going to be a lot of dead weight (lol, Poppy) in them as well.

How about Nunu?

He seems to go from top pick to never play quite often with nothing in between. Pretty equal as support or jungler.

Also, my coworkers are weirding me out lately, this game has definitely become the IN thing. I knew one guy streamed, didn't know he was diamond freaking 1.

On my way out of work today, the guy in charge of our entrypoint who also outranks me (I'm in Navy) held up people leaving/entering the ship to argue with me about the merits of Blitzcrank.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Blitzcrank has a few tricks (really strong displacement), but thresh pretty much superseded him in every way. He's still a good pick if Thresh is banned, but I struggle to think of a setup where I'd pick him over thresh.

Erzherzog

Magister
Blitzcrank has a few tricks (really strong displacement), but thresh pretty much superseded him in every way. He's still a good pick if Thresh is banned, but I struggle to think of a setup where I'd pick him over thresh.

That was literally my side of the argument.

Renegen

Arcane
I'd say if you actually want to be a good jungler that Nunu is the best to learn on. Keep playing the yeti and keep losing with him until you discover what being a jungler means. But make sure you get attack speed runes.

Erzherzog

Magister
I wonder how good nu-nu-Skarner is. In Season 2 he was a good jungler, blazing fast clears made him pretty forgiving. Now he actually has hard CC, he can't be that bad but maybe needs the meta to shift back to tanks, since right now it's all about junglers that are a big threat at level 3. (Or 2, Elise and until they mega-nerfed pantheon)

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Blitz has been my main since Season 2. Nr 1 for life. All you need is AD Carry with a clue.

Skarner was good till they removed Shurelyas as he lacks a gapcloser besides Flash. No point in playing him anymore whatever the rework.

Easy peasy jungle champs.Nunu, Warwick, Trundle, Malphite, Nocturne, Xin, Udyr. With Warwick you dont even need health pots. Press W, rightclick on monster, press Q if ever needed. You need runes tho.

Renegen

Arcane
Elise lvl 2 ganks are good, but she really sucks at dueling at that level. You can exploit her pretty hard actually. Nu-Skarner might be good, the best Skarner NA thinks it's a big buff to him. I used to hate the new rework too but I've seen a few people use him really successfully. He was sort of like Nocturne in that he was item dependent, gotta play selfish. Nu-Skarner loses a tiny bit of bases and scaling and in return gets way better cooldowns and that cc on his passive. Would building a Triforce on him now be comparable to a Triforce on Vi? Hard to say but he's probably back.

Erzherzog

Magister
Elise lvl 2 ganks are good, but she really sucks at dueling at that level. You can exploit her pretty hard actually. Nu-Skarner might be good, the best Skarner NA thinks it's a big buff to him. I used to hate the new rework too but I've seen a few people use him really successfully. He was sort of like Nocturne in that he was item dependent, gotta play selfish. Nu-Skarner loses a tiny bit of bases and scaling and in return gets way better cooldowns and that cc on his passive. Would building a Triforce on him now be comparable to a Triforce on Vi? Hard to say but he's probably back.

I always built triforce on Skarner, People swapped out to IBG when that dropped but he really needs to MS thats on Triforce. BTW, Crumbzz picked Nocturne again Renegen, I guess since Kha is now junk jungler he has been replaced.

Fiddlesticks is also an easy jungler to learn. A couple mana pots at the start and he can pretty much permanantly stay in the jungle. Lets you exploit opportunities easy in wood tier.

Renegen

Arcane
Very weird game vs TSM today out of Dignitas, they won but I'm not sure what Nocturne added to that teamcomp. Those ults really secured objectives I guess, and he can do them fast.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Alright, so here is what I'm interested in based on some reading:

============
Renekton
Trundle

Mid
=================
Brand
Mordekaiser

Jungler
==================
Cho'Gath
Warwick

Support
============
Thresh
Blitzcrank

AD
===========
Graves
Corki
Master Yi

Get Warwick and Nunu, they can fill any roll but ADC :troll:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I think I'll buy the Basic Bundle, learn the basics, and take it from there.

BRB in... a few weeks? Thank you for the tips guys!

zerotol

Arcane
Patron
The paramount rule of League of Legends is:

Viktor is secretly the best character in the game, but people don't talk that much about it so that the truth stay hidden and he's not abused.
Heimerdinger is the second best.
Vlad is the third.

The rest are peasantry scum

Heimerdinger is actually pretty fucking good.

Pops ult and rushes Zhonyas :x

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I've had a lot of success with Heimerdonger, especially with his old lazy-mode rockets. If my lane opponent couldn't jump on me then mr item + rokkits + turrets = poke to the death and mayor cs victory.

Renegen

Arcane
Well it's been 3 days since the Nidalee and Skarner reworks hit the servers, what's the first impression? Skarner has 54% win rate and Nidalee has 44% win rate, lawl. Actually Nidalee has 40% in ranked. :lol:

Erzherzog

Magister
Well it's been 3 days since the Nidalee and Skarner reworks hit the servers, what's the first impression? Skarner has 54% win rate and Nidalee has 44% win rate, lawl. Actually Nidalee has 40% in ranked. :lol:

High Skarner winrates make me freaking wet. I'll start practicing him again at once.

Renegen

Arcane
Low cooldowns are OP in this game, all Skarner needed was some stickiness and he's back to being his annoying self.

I think I've broken a record. I finished another crazy Nocturne game but this time with 6000 gold in the bank, part of me wanted to experience the late game fantasy of Nocturne but part of me always had something to do on the map. Good play or bad play?

Some crazy baron calls that game, I get so cute with them I didn't even realize that we had killed 3 of them (but not their jungler) and the support just called the baron. It takes 30 seconds to get from their base to baron and we did it before that, the benefits of AD Nocturne I guess. It shows that shotcalling no matter what position you are from is OP in soloque.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Some upcoming Maokai changes. Damage nerfs in exchange for lower mana costs and even more cc. Also, ultimate is now self centered and follows the tree. Looks like W has low base damage, but scales with targets HP instead. Will be interesting to see if this makes my favorite tree viable again. Only thing that concerns me is that lower damage means even slower clears which is a problem right now.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Some upcoming Maokai changes. Damage nerfs in exchange for lower mana costs and even more cc. Also, ultimate is now self centered and follows the tree. Looks like W has low base damage, but scales with targets HP instead. Will be interesting to see if this makes my favorite tree viable again. Only thing that concerns me is that lower damage means even slower clears which is a problem right now.

Where does he get more CC? They added a slow to E if you manage to hit them with a sapling or something?

Also R change is much appreciated.

bloodlover

Arcane
Were there any changes made to Locket and Sightstone ? I see almost every jungle going for them now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom