Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
Pretty sure Blitzcrank is from Zaun though.

I gotta pay the man, he's right.

I'm thinking this new champion is actually the ruined king from the Shadow Isles, he was apparently betrayed by Hecarim (and Mordekaiser?) and that's why the place went to shit.

Would be cool, Riot was due anyways sine they kinda just dropped the Shadow Isles after the release and TT update.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Been playing new Sion top lane and he just feels so freaking worthless. You're winning lane and pretty much every other top laner will outscale and outduel you at some point, so you can scratch out split pushing, you have to build tanky not to be useless and the ult is really unreliable. I don't know, I just expected more.

Oh but to be fair, maxing E in lane makes him sort of a lane bully. Cooldown is low, mana cost also and the damage is really high. If you keep landing it, that is, and provided the enemy laner won't just sustain it all off later.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
I actually tried him out in the jungle and it was surprisingly effective. I thought he'd need to hit 6 to gank, but his Q is great for ganking through lane in a bush - actually if you land the slow the knockup is almost guaranteed anyways. He has 40% slow for 2.5 (?) secs, not too shabby. And the ult is obviously good for ganking, but great for counterganking. Clear speed and sustain pretty damn good too.

Renegen

Arcane
to anyone who wants some freelo, Viktor's damage is insanely OP, forget the Lichbane and just get AP, he legits 2 shots people.

I also had some Sion tops and he was decent. He can roam really well and he has really good initiation. I mean his initiation is even better than Malphite sometimes. As far as tanky top laners go that are ok in lane, he's among the best for absorbing all types of damage and cc.

Erzherzog

Magister
to anyone who wants some freelo, Viktor's damage is insanely OP, forget the Lichbane and just get AP, he legits 2 shots people.

I want to so bad but every time I play as him I'm amazingly disappointed in my performance.

Still, he's so well rounded right now it's obnoxious. Only thing he lacks is reliable hard cc. Decent poke, decent dueling, decent laning, amazing teamfighting. Ironically he's more of a carry mid than ever before, his super late game went from weak thanks to his passive to super strong thanks to his passive...

Viktor is great now thanks to the range increases and the extra mana. Of course you could still play Xerath for the brainlessmode but he doesn't have as good defensive properties for teamfights.

As for Sion, I don't see any point in taking him outside the jungle. Toplane is all about being more ranged than the opponent.

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Xerath brainlessmode indeed. Got my win percentage on him over 60% and now in silver 3. Can I make gold? Probably not but I made silver 3 in about 10 games, if I can continue that rate til silver 1 I'll try.

It's just nice to queue a champ and think "at a minimum, I should win lane." When that's my minimum winning is so much easier. I love Lissandra but I'm ass at laning and awesome at teamfights, its too risky because if my other lanes feed I'm done.

And a douchebag Lee Sin stole a penta. ;_;

Last edited:
Well there's absolutely no downside to playing Xerath, just keep going. Maybe he loses to mid AP Tristana or something but I haven't seen new Xerath actually lose lane ever and he's a late game monster too. He's one of those win now or later champions.

Edit : Okay, I found the ultimate freelo character, it's once again, back from the past, nurse Joyce. You don't even need to know anything or have any skill, just ride the bullshit and take your unearned win.

Last edited:

Renegen

Arcane
Bah, I have the secret counter to Jayce, Nocturne. He goes from free win to being lucky not to end up x/10/x every game. I'm honestly shocked he's considered so OP right now, he has that carry potential I guess but you can also outplay him.

Erzherzog

Magister
SSW stomps RC through one...nothing to see here folks.

Watching this shit in between my security patrols sucks dick but at least I have a reason to be up.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Dunno about this, seems like SHRC are derping a bit with their picks, though Jayce should fare well versus Talon.

Edit: LOL NEVERMIND

Last edited:

Erzherzog

Magister
Corn is just...outclassed by everyone else in this game on his team or not. I couldn't tell if he was in melee form or not but he just walked up to an overheating Rumble in that first team fight.

And that was the only fight they had a prayer in.

Erzherzog

Magister
They're just a superior team overall, anyone on that roster is capable of carrying them to victory. They can single out pretty much any other teams stars or make them irrelevant. CLG should take notes on how dangerous it is to rely on one position.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
They're just a superior team overall, anyone on that roster is capable of carrying them to victory. They can single out pretty much any other teams stars or make them irrelevant. CLG should take notes on how dangerous it is to rely on one position.

Royal Club are kinda guilty of this too, relying too much on Uzi to carry them to victory.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
So I think the only safe conclusion from this World Championship is that TSM and SHR are tied for second best team in the world. :troll:

Also, I'm now in love with new Sion. I've mained Sejuani this year, and he's pretty much that but on crack. I mean, Seju's ult is better overall, but not by that much, and Sion actually does damage early/mid game, can duel early game, and actually clears crazy fast. Only downside I see is his pre 6 ganks are fairly mediocre since he lacks a gapcloser.

Renegen

Arcane
Gotta brag here a little, I managed to make my match history all green, 10 straight ranked wins and I think it's for the first time ever. Damn it feels good, it's these types of streaks that give me confidence I can reach Plat before the season ends.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Well, that escalated quickly....

0yCAQnd.jpg

And that's not even counting the 250k viewers on youtube, the 500k concurrent viewers on twitch and espn3 both. One chinese streaming site had 2 million viewers and they've got 3-4 of them. Nuts.

Erzherzog

Magister
BTW Rene brought his streak to 12 games...outrageous.

Also, Mejais on Janna is core apparently.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom