Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

Erzherzog

Magister
They'll stop after a few more years but will so many people really be playing by then?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They'll stop after a few more years but will so many people really be playing by then?
What else would they be playing? Big studios are impotent, whatever they release is always some shit based on marketing research.

And good indie mobas will start coming out a bit later, I'd say 5 years from now.

Jozoz

Prophet
At least even Reddit is now really upset with the direction the game is going.

Stuff like Veigar getting the shaft after Riot promised buffs after DFG removal, and a complete and blatant overbuff on Ahri.

Their champion favouritism is finally pissing people off. I thought I'd never live to see this day.

The new jungle (and the ten thousands nerfs for junglers) and mobility emphasis on every champion in every role (except maybe support - that's where old immobile mid laners go now) is being discussed heavily.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
The Veigar rework seems to have pissed people off, the proposed Morde one too, perhaps rightfully soon. It's important to remember though that angry reddit mobs is exactly why Lee hasn't had any (needed) drastic changes.

Jozoz

Prophet
When Ahri was getting nerfed after being OP (60% wr level) there was a complaining thread with like 3000 upvotes and tons of reddit gold, but now it seems people have come to their senses. Probably not though, some champions are just too popular to get nerfed unless they're really OP.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Had my own, bronzie, version of TL vs. TSM. Twice we stopped them with just a sliver of health, like 2-3 hits, left on the nexus. Then we almost turned it around just to lose it due to fucktards chasing kills over securing objectives. #bronzodia
:badnews:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Step 1: Is realizing you're bad instead of blaming riot/lag/your teammates.
Step 2: Is focusing solely on what you yourself did wrong. It doesn't matter if Draven was building zhonyas hourglass as first item. You're not going to get that draven on your team again. Always be critical of yourself, never of your team mates.
Step 3: Is quitting for the night after a couple of bad games instead of descending into a rage spiral.

It sounds like you're saying you should get better at communicating which objectives are open for your team to take.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Also, being self critical and looking at things to improve is fine and all, but it's also delusional to believe that every game can be won and sometimes you do lose because of restards on your team. As long as you remember that you are the retard in some games too.

bloodlover

Arcane
Surprised I haven't seen Heca top more, horsey is strong.

Well he got a slight buff and he can split with trinity force all day but this only happens with the new patch. The main reason why you see him now though is because Gnar got nerfed and now it's even harder to play with him.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I wonder about why Silver/Gold faggets almost don't help their jungler at the frog/golems.

When I came back to LoL a few months ago, I immediately realized my champ wasn't strong enough to clear all jungle in 1 pass and needed some extra help compared to how it was before. I asked and asked for help (smiteless frog/golems) in all games, and they all told me to fuck off, cause they'd "lose 2-3 creeps".

Then I saw a few LCS games where the jungler is helped much much more, often is helped not only with the golems/frog, but even with the buff.

And so the question is... Is it a valid argument that as an ADC, you might lose a few creeps, then the enemy might get 3d level before you do, jump you and therefore it's critical for you not to help the jungler? Sounds like bullshit to me. 2-3 creeps in terms of gold is irrelevant (and you know when you might get jumped, so just play safe), and the jungler is crippled if not helped properly, loses a shitload of time because he needs to back prematurely. The whole jungle routine is fucked. If I am right, the why the fuck aren't they EVER helping correctly? Everyone retarded at this elo or am I wrong about it? I'm very, very confused.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Just curious, what jungler and setup are you running? I can clear just fine using Naut and 21/9/0 masteries and he is generally considered weak first clear.

Hitting 2 or 3 late vs. some lanes, Leona/Graves comes to mind, can be a disaster and laners are selfish pricks most of the time. What makes me hate jungling more is the fact that you rarely get help when invaded. Better farm those caster minions instead.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Jungle has changed quite a bit.
Firstly, smiteless frog/golems is dumb, because those actually gives good buffs for clearing when smited, while smiting buffs does not do as much.
Secondly, while the gold from the missed minions is negligible, the exp is not. When the opposing laner(s) get an exp advantage, it's easy to turn that into a level advantage and engaging or zoning, thus preventing a lot more than the few minions they missed. It is often more about level 2 than level 3 as well. At a level 1, you rarely have the tools to keep level 2s off your ass, while they just got the tools to wreck your shit.
Thirdly, not everyone can clear the entire jungle in one go and that's just how they made it. Rito pls.

I'm not sure which LCS games you're referring to. I often see the botlane steal the closest camp on their side while the top lanes help their junglers a little with the frog/golems and then fuck off once it's low. If they do not do that, then most likely it's a laneswap and the toplaner stays with the jungler to leech off of his clear, not to help the jungler but the toplaner.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
PlanHex if you smite the frog, you won't be able to take down the buff on your own or at least you'll come out of the fight with 100-200hp and then you have no choice but to back. And even if you play a champ that comes out with 40% hp after getting the buff (pots taken into account), you're vulnerable to counter-jungling and can't gank any lane.

Azael I try different junglers. The ones that aren't tanks - have this problem.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
PlanHex if you smite the frog, you won't be able to take down the buff on your own or at least you'll come out of the fight with 100-200hp and then you have no choice but to back. And even if you play a champ that comes out with 40% hp after getting the buff (pots taken into account), you're vulnerable to counter-jungling and can't gank any lane.
That's kinda the point. They wanted to get rid of the 3:00-3:30 ganks. Clearing one half of the jungle, backing and doing the other is the current style for a lot of champs, I think.

Also, who are you playing as exactly?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I usually play Xin, he's got less problems. But tried J4 today in normal. Got almost no help at golems, so I smited, then killed red buff, then went over to raptors and got executed. I'm just not used to this, quit LoL a year ago and it wasn't like that.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Adjust your route. Smite large golem as soon as it spawns for the buff. After taking them down, go for raptors. Hit the big one.first, but then kill the small ones as they hit as hard as the big. Then go for red. Smite should be getting up.soon again. Use it on red for the health boost. Either gank mid/top if there's a good opening or b and upgrade your jungle item (Stalker's Blade always, so much for diversity...)

Renegen

Arcane
That's kinda the point. They wanted to get rid of the 3:00-3:30 ganks. Clearing one half of the jungle, backing and doing the other is the current style for a lot of champs, I think.

Also, who are you playing as exactly?
The 3:00 - 3:30 gank will always be really useful, it's dumb of Riot trying to change the jungle like that because the good junglers are those that can still play the old way and gank early. All Riot did to junglers was increase the importance of late game but their changes in S5 have only reduced their gold income and introduced pointless mini-games because the winning moves are the same. No wonder jungle mains hate the new jungle.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom