Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, anyone playing League of Legends?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I thought you got a chest regardless of whether you were premade with the S-rank guy or not?
Then again I haven't had a game yet where someone on my team other than me got an S :smug:

edit:
For real though, keep in mind that the drops are not just for ranked. I guarantee you it is easier to get S's elsewhere. I've gotten 4 or 5 so far just playing a few blind pick games. Probably because my MMR for that queue is bad since I never play it. When rotating game mode queue comes, you can likely pick some up easily there too. At least I've found that the game modes have been very easy to hard-carry in the past. I think they reset the MMR each time and give you randoms to play with.

If you get the S, then yeah, you get a chest.
BUT if someone else has an S, then you will only get a chest if you are premade with him.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Huh, could've sworn you got it regardless. Must have missed that part. Oh well.

But keep in mind what I said about other game modes and normals. Get them for yourself that way. And unbox your beautiful teemos that you can reroll into more teemos.

edit: oh yeah, and you can usually find people to play with in LFG chatrooms if you want to increase the chances of getting chests even if you don't get an S yourself.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Try blind queue and see if your MMR is shite enough there that you can hard-carry compared to draft queue. I think they have different MMR just going by the quality of players I were against in teambuilder compared to blind.

No chests for arams yet, no. And they only just rolled out the keys yesterday I think.
Getting good grades in arams will likely be really hard though, since you're bound to die a lot. But I dunno how they rank performance exactly. If it's compared to others', then it might be a good place to get them too when it comes out.

Ascension should be out tomorrow. Probably can get some chests there. I seem to remember stomping once in a while last time it was out anyway.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
100% expected. Splitting the player pool with dynamic and solo ques would surely hasten the game's death spiral.

Actually getting an S isn't that hard. Aside from getting it a bunch of times as a support, I get it pretty regularly as Amumu jungle, although I am working on my alt account, trying to get it to 30, and these feeding retards on my teams almost never let me jungle. If you can get a high CS count + decent kill/assist/death ratio, it's not that hard, cause I am certainly not that good, and I got the chests a few times.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
100% expected. Splitting the player pool with dynamic and solo ques would surely hasten the game's death spiral.

I agree, but still didn't expect them to backtrack like that. I guess the real surprise was them announcing solo queue in the first place. Maybe they expected the queue time issues of the new champ select to be lessened with time, and that just didn't happen, or maybe they were just desperate enough with the backlash at the time that they just decided to lie so at least some people would give the new queue a try.

Either way, game is still very far from a death spiral. Ranked account numbers has gone up quite a bit compared to last year. I think the player population is close to hitting a peak, but then again you couldn't have expected it to grow infinitely.

Jozoz

Prophet
I would probably have just quit if they never announced solo queue back then.

Jozoz

Prophet
Well the subreddit banned people discussing dynamic queue, which is arguably the biggest change in the game's history.

I don't even know what to say.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Wow, G2 went from top to shit with Perkz and Kikis going full retard. The comps sucked, the plays sucked.
Guess it paid off taking 2 weeks vacation just before the tournament. Jesus fuck that was embarassing.

Lel, and CLG did manage to take a game off asians. Always the clutch plays, who gonna fuck up first 40+ minutes into the game. Incoming Caitlyn ban tomorrow.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Wow, G2 went from top to shit with Perkz and Kikis going full retard. The comps sucked, the plays sucked.
Guess it paid off taking 2 weeks vacation just before the tournament. Jesus fuck that was embarassing.
Hah, holy shit. I didn't know they hadn't been training at all. No wonder they looked bad in what little I managed to see of the tourney today.
They know this affects seeding for worlds, right? Idiots.

edit:

Last edited:

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Ye, saw that rant live just when I entered his stream.
Tomorrow they start off with G2 vs CLG, prob gonna be a stomp.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Nice, CLG losing to a wildcard team so G2 feels better about their shitty performance. #TheWestIsTheBest

At this point I'm hoping both NA and EU don't get out of groups. That would be hilarious.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
America, Fuck Yeah!
Comin' again to save the motherfuckin' day, Yeah

Terrorists, your game is through
'cause now you have ta answer to

America, Fuck yeah!
So lick my butt and suck on my balls

KEsoRYj.png

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Never thought I'd see koreans tilt for 4 games in a row.

G2 needs to win all 4 remaining games to get somewhere so that aint going to happen. Thanks for losing the 1st seed, fuckers.

My ranking predictions after 10 games...
1. RNG
2. YFW
3. CLG
4. SKT
5. G2
6. SUP

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
More like
1. Vacations
2. RNGESUS
3. Dank memes
4. Steel beams
5. Western Dreams
6. Doing that thing where you sacrifice stuff to be the best at what you do

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
17k behind and manage to tilt the 7-0 team. That shit doesnt happen every year.
GG on that one.

Otoh, G2-8 meme still relevant.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Wow, just wow. I reinstalled League to see how's the changed Viktor and holy mother of obscene damages, before his rework he used to hit like a truck, after it he hit like two and now he hits like three trucks. What the fuck, how in the world was that supposed to be a nerf - or was it?

You believed the bronze-plat Reddit balance team?

Jozoz

Prophet
Still waiting for Riot to kill this abomination that is Dynamic Queue.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
That would mean Riot admitting they done fucked up though. Won't happen, they'll slap some bandaids on it and claim they fixed the issues. Shame, because new champ select is great, but dynamic queue? Eww...

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I find fascinating that despite the amount of money Riot must make every year most of what they do has this halo of being amateur shit.

Jozoz

Prophet
I'm waiting for a few years down the road when all the Riot employees start saying all the shady shit they did.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom