Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ So, has Jaesun gone for good?

Kattze

Andhaira
Andhaira
Over the past month we have had some controversy surrounding the fallout of the release of Pillars of Eternity. Some Codex staff are pro Obsidian and as a result there have been clashes with their moderator decisions vs popular codex demands. There have been accusations of 'agendas'.

The latest includes Darth Roxor's recent review of PoE and the resulting butthurt and finger pointing, but before that there was an issue with a PoE thread about Obsidian caving into Tumbler demands which was merged into the SJW mega thread by Jaesun. People rightfully complained and the administration allowed a separate thread.

Jaesun has not logged in since (6th April). Does anyone know what is going on with him? Has he communicated anything?

Jaesun is one of the oldest and most regular members here so I think the community ought to be told what is going on with him.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Codex staff doesn't maintain roll call. People can disappear and reappear as they please. Jaesun was last logged onto Steam three days ago, but I haven't spoken to him. If he's feeling a bit mad now or just busy, let him work that out on his own. Doesn't have to be a big deal.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I know Jaesun has a reputation for moving threads amd/or merging them with other topics and causing butthurt. In those past instances, it was at worse a nuisance but I don't fault him for doing so.

But not allowing dissent and discussion over Obsidian giving in so easily to one person complaining about content in their game in the forum designed to talk about said game? Moving that discussion was clearly wrong. Discussion about how Obsidian treats their backers for the backed game Pillars of Eternity was entirely appropriate. At best, it comes off as Jaesun being butthurt and at worst it comes off as Orwellian censorship.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
So, has Jaesun gone for good?

I can't pretend to know exactly what set him off, but who could blame him? The obnoxious shitlord volume got turned to 11 during PoE's totally awesum and important controversy.

DragoFireheart

So, has Jaesun gone for good?

I can't pretend to know exactly what set him off, but who could blame him? The obnoxious shitlord volume got turned to 11 during PoE's totally awesum and important controversy.

Moving shitty content is fine, but even some of the (much more) tame posts got moved. That is what bothers me.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, I'm no fan of getting retardo'ed or split myself...but people turned on homeboy pretty fucking quick. Anyway, knowing Jaesun he'll probably return in a week and be like "wassup I was on vacation in costa rica lol hi!"

Kem0sabe

Arcane
I remember Jaesun fondly, he gave me a proper codex greeting when i started posting regularly, by constantly calling me a shitposter... Good times.

ironyuri

gallaen.jpg

NEVER FOFSGET

BRING OUR BRAVE BOY HOME

RIP JAESUN 1975-201?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
at worst it comes off as Orwellian censorship.
When Georg Orwell described secret police listening to people through their TV screens and kidnapping them at night, many believed he was warning us about totalitarian government, but he was actually describing overzealous thread merging on privately-owned internet forums.

George Orwell never saw Hiver and Irenaeus shit posting when they get butt hurt.. I think he would change his tune pretty quickly.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera
When Georg Orwell described secret police listening to people through their TV screens and kidnapping them at night, many believed he was warning us about totalitarian government, but he was actually describing overzealous thread merging on privately-owned internet forums.

George Orwell never saw Hiver and Irenaeus shit posting when they get butt hurt.. I think he would change his tune pretty quickly.

What? You can't handle criticism of your criticism?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Posting "Umad" 12 times per thread page I don't think constitutes "criticism" :lol:

catfood

AGAIN
Over the past month we have had some controversy surrounding the fallout of the release of Pillars of Eternity. Some Codex staff are pro Obsidian and as a result there have been clashes with their moderator decisions vs popular codex demands. There have been accusations of 'agendas'.

The latest includes Darth Roxor's recent review of PoE and the resulting butthurt and finger pointing, but before that there was an issue with a PoE thread about Obsidian caving into Tumbler demands which was merged into the SJW mega thread by Jaesun. People rightfully complained and the administration allowed a separate thread.

Jaesun has not logged in since (6th April). Does anyone know what is going on with him? Has he communicated anything?

Jaesun is one of the oldest and most regular members here so I think the community ought to be told what is going on with him.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Posting "Umad" 12 times per thread page I don't think constitutes "criticism" :lol:

You sound butthurt.

Black_Willow

Arcane

Well, that's the thing - he felt the need to control that discussion because he didn't consider it "important", as if it was his obligation to ensure everyone is discussing "worthy" subjects, lest the sanctity of the PoE subforum be fouled. It was a problem he created for himself.

Jaesun said:
What specifically needs to be discussed exactly? How does that effect CRPG design and mechanics?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Is that the thing though? Or did he look at both the reaction to the controversy and the reaction to his reaction to the controversy and declare this place "not worth it"? Because he'd only be partially wrong, y'know.

DragoFireheart

Is that the thing though? Or did he look at both the reaction to the controversy and the reaction to his reaction to the controversy and declare this place "not worth it"? Because he'd only be partially wrong, y'know.

If you can't handle criticism you shouldn't be on the Codex, let alone the Internet. If the concept of being wrong bothers you I hear there are remote places in northern Alaska where no one but the wild life will bother you.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
If you can't handle criticism you shouldn't be on the Codex, let alone the Internet. If the concept of being wrong bothers you I hear there are remote places in northern Alaska where no one but the wild life will bother you.

I think it's more along the lines of the inherent Codexian query "Is it worth surrounding myself with a bunch of petulant shitlords just to talk about videogames" being the starting point for any sane person. And beyond that it's just, y'know, what do you want out of the time you spend here and "results may vary" etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom