Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Crispy™ So, has Jaesun gone for good?

made

Arcane
Good for him. He should focus on making music rather than shoveling Codexers' verbal diarrhea back and forth. He's much better at it, too.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
If you can't handle criticism you shouldn't be on the Codex, let alone the Internet. If the concept of being wrong bothers you I hear there are remote places in northern Alaska where no one but the wild life will bother you.

I think it's more along the lines of the inherent Codexian query "Is it worth surrounding myself with a bunch of petulant shitlords just to talk about videogames" being the starting point for any sane person. And beyond that it's just, y'know, what do you want out of the time you spend here and "results may vary" etc.

Well, if you view everyone here as a shitlord then of course you're not gonna want to stick around.

The question is why do you think everyone on the Codex is a shitlord? I certainly don't think everyone here is a shitlord and most of the ones I would consider as such either are banned, self-ejected, or are locked away from some forums. It's very easy for a few loud people to convince you that everyone from a group is the same way, true or not.

Is that the thing though? Or did he look at both the reaction to the controversy and the reaction to his reaction to the controversy and declare this place "not worth it"? Because he'd only be partially wrong, y'know.

We'd have to ask him. I sure hope he's not one of those weird faggots that frequent a forum they hate. Those guys are beyond salvation!

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
I know you think you're being cute here, but I don't hate this place. It is, warts and all, my RPG home.

:love:

Shannow

Waster of Time
I can't pretend to know exactly what set him off, but who could blame him? The obnoxious shitlord volume got turned to 11 during PoE's totally awesum and important controversy.
Well, that's the thing - he felt the need to control that discussion because he didn't consider it "important", as if it was his obligation to ensure everyone is discussing "worthy" subjects, lest the sanctity of the PoE subforum be fouled. It was a problem he created for himself.

Jaesun said:
What specifically needs to be discussed exactly? How does that effect CRPG design and mechanics?
Is that the thing though? Or did he look at both the reaction to the controversy and the reaction to his reaction to the controversy and declare this place "not worth it"? Because he'd only be partially wrong, y'know.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...nforced-megathreads.98269/page-2#post-3841083

Jaesun wanted to impose his view on "worthy discussion and post quality" by blatant censorship. Whether you agree with his opinions on "shitlords" or not isn't really relevant, is it?
He got some (very little, imo) backlash because of it. If he left because of that, he brought it on himself. Simply letting the codex be the codex, simply giving people enough rope to hang themselves, simply pounding people he disagreed with with superior arguments, simply staying true to codex traditions would have avoided any kind of drama and "controversy".
I haven't followed Roxor's review but the actual sjw-thread died off as quickly as predicted, once it was "allowed". In fact it would have died even faster without all the previous censorship-drama.
All that said, I strongly doubt that the codex is rid of Jaesun's censorship. He's probably just on vacation or something.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
He's probably just on vacation or something.

Yeh, I already said that. And I'm not defending his moderating actions. Only saying his decision to say "shitlords gonna shitlord" and walk away if that's what he did isn't hard to understand. Besides, Jaesun doesn't really do the whole debate thing anyway. He's like a glorified lurker. A lurker with "Some Pulp" if you will.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Jaesun once destroyed my long, informative thread about a Wizardry 6-8 single party playthrough. It was a treasure trove of knowledge in which veterans and newcomers alike shared useful Wizardry knowledge and trivia, discussing little-analysed aspects and secrets of the trilogy, and as I progressed through the games, I found my very thread coming up again and again in Google results, truly an example of the Codex at its best. All of those posts were deleted or moved into the Wizardry megathread, like tears in rain.

This is a bigger crime than the silencing of a gay baby retard discussion about problematic tombstones, and one I can never forgive.

I think it was him anyway.

EDIT: I WAS WRONG!!!

Last edited:

pippin

Free Jaesun and balmorar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom