Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So I'm supposed to showcase my game's "branding" on Steam

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm putting together all the various logos that will appear on different parts of Steam. The logos are supposed to show my game's branding. I'm not entirely sure what that is.

Maybe a year or two ago I came in here with some other logos including some where I tried to ape Amano Yoshitaka. Now though I'm pretty sure I'm not going in that direction. And I'm going to do something more like what's below.

I made this image for the Steam Workshop and I kind of liked it:

Workshop_header.jpg

So I tried making my other pictures in a similar style:

capsule_main1.jpg

But that didn't really match the other logos and stuff that I've made and posted in various places around the internet. Those logos looked more like this:

capsule_main.jpg

I thought that logo worked well for my game's main Steam logo, because it matches the tiny icons that you see in other places around the site. Those icons are too small to see any details, like some girls fighting some skeletons. I just made them look like my logo over some old brown paper.

capsule_sm.jpg

But the problem with those icons/logos/whatever is that they don't show you any of what the game is about. So I thought maybe I should try to mix the styles for the bigger icons.

capsule_main2.jpg

I'm leaning toward that last design. And if I go with that, I might go redo the workshop icon too.

Do any of you have any thoughts on which I should go with?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Why does the font look so pixelated? Tried different anti-alias settings?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
On my screen, the the "V" part off the M looks really awful, especially in the last design, and all the rounded parts of the other letters are also quite weird looking.

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
On my screen, the the "V" part off the M looks really awful, especially in the last design, and all the rounded parts of the other letters are also quite weird looking.
Now that I look closer I can see it a little bit too yeah.

Nathaniel3W

Rockwell Studios
Patron
Developer
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Why does the font look so pixelated? Tried different anti-alias settings?

All I used was Photoshop's resize tool. I'll see if there's something I can do to soften that edge. It does look pretty jagged.

That last one looks really good imo

Thanks. I was kind of starting to lean toward that design, and now I think I feel better about it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom