Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So what's up with those 50+ lurkers?

Whipporowill

Erudite
Since when does the good ole´Kotex have such a huge amount of lurkers? Since the year in review or have I missed something? How the hell did you guys break the old slashdot record on Chrismtas b t w? 454 frigging users... :lol:

Just curious.

Greatatlantic

Erudite
Whipporowill said:
Since when does the good ole´Kotex have such a huge amount of lurkers? Since the year in review or have I missed something? How the hell did you guys break the old slashdot record on Chrismtas b t w? 454 frigging users... :lol:

Just curious.

What, do we have 45+ guest users logged on at some point? Or 454 registered users online at once? I'd say its the article, though. A lot of RPG forums like Beths and Bios picked up on it and are discussing it in their forums. And when somebody says something negative and at least partly true.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The 454 users online is because of a bot attack. Not because of actual users. The 50+ lurkers has been something happening for a while now I think. More so since the Year in Review.

sumguy

Novice
Whipporowill said:

Just curious.

the Year in REview alerted everyone of how rediculous your site is.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
sumguy said:
Whipporowill said:

Just curious.

Oh yeah?

Whipporowill

Erudite
sumguy said:
Whipporowill said:

Just curious.

So, how ridiculous is the guys that care enough to register to tell us about how little they care about our opinions?

Dreagon

Scholar
hussar said:
more and more oblivion topics...it's all i can come up with

and all the time not gushing mindlessly over it. Kinda stands out from the other sites.

corvax

Augur
ok fine...all of them are my alt accounts. in reality there's only like 4 people at the codex.

Section8

Cipher
These lurkers are my private army of little psychic chimps. Always busy watching your every move. They eat a shitload of bananas though.

And what about the interests of hygiene? Does anyone know how much crap that many psimonkeys generate in a day?

don_tomaso

Liturgist
well Im a lurker, and the reason Im hanging out on this site is just to see everyone fuck with eachother, lots of badass namecalling, insults that just makes me shiver. the rpg-news is just a bonus

and ofcourse I coultnt live with out my daily dose of oblivion racking (even though Im not that negative to the game, just a bit (a rather big bit, but not as big as the the codex))

Petey_the_Skid

Liturgist
I read the news mostly, don't like making the time or effort to actually post and stuff, and besides I've let my brain atrophy for so long that long winded arguments tire me out and make my mind hurt ;)

gromit

Arcane
I, too, once lurked. Hell, you wanna talk old-school lurkers? I used to lurk at Duck and Cover and NMA before this place came about to sate my hunger for RPG discussion. It's not nearly as bitter as those two, but still maintains that healthy dash of cynicism.

And yes, the answer to your question is those damn "[$username], I agree completely" bots. They're awfully polite, though.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I've lurked since this site first started. It's like the good old Lum The Mad days. I finally registered one day for some fucking reason that escapes me.

Deathy

Liturgist
You call yourselves lurkers?

I CREATED this site as a platform for my lurking.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom