Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So what's up with those 50+ lurkers?

Coldas

Novice
I started lurking at the Elder Scrolls forums, but shifted my attention to this place, because there are so many annoying people there. People here are annoying too, but on a higher level.

Plus, sometimes there are some interesting discussions here.

avalon

Novice
so i herd u guys think ffx is not a real rpg :lol::lol: well u kno what?? newsflash u all suck

So yeah. Hi.

avalon

Novice
LlamaGod said:
care to explain how it is

You'll get to play the role of an extra who follows the intrepid band of would-be heroes as they drudge through the story. If you want, you can even follow them evilly. Like, growl and leer at your screen or something. You can also exert your awesome mind-control powers on the party, possibly making them kill Random Monster A slightly differently. How's that for choices and playing in character? Meta-roleplaying is the future.

LlamaGod

Cipher
avalon said:
LlamaGod said:
care to explain how it is

You'll get to play the role of an extra who follows the intrepid band of would-be heroes as they drudge through the story. If you want, you can even follow them evilly. Like, growl and leer at your screen or something. You can also exert your awesome mind-control powers on the party, possibly making them kill Random Monster A slightly differently. How's that for choices and playing in character? Meta-roleplaying is the future.

doesnt fly, you're banned

for life

I come here for the latest RPG news, and for the loverly flaming of anything that isn't ISO. TB, or deep.

I don't post often because half of the threads seem to be self-masturbatory rants disgorging venom on Muslims/Blacks/Goths/etc etc etc. A writing style that is rather amusing becomes less so when it is levelled at large groups of people.

It's a bit like the pre-internet BBS days, actually: some nice bits of info hidden deep in the center of a tempest of raving juvenile idiocy. Not that everyone here is like that, mind, but the idiots scream the loudest and throw their feces the farthest.

I'm holding out hope that kingcomrade and Cleve knife each other in a dark alley somewhere.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
Not that everyone here is like that, mind, but the idiots scream the loudest and throw their feces the farthest.

Giving them an obvious evolutionary advantage, which finally explains the mystery of the continued survival of idiots. Thank you.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Johannes Teugen said:
I don't post often because half of the threads seem to be self-masturbatory rants disgorging venom on Muslims/Blacks/Goths/etc etc etc.
Half? 3-4 threads maintained by not overly bright members in the General Forum is half?

A writing style that is rather amusing becomes less so when it is levelled at large groups of people.
Don't forget to apply that winning principle to your own hypocritical generalizing ass.

Vault Dweller said:
Johannes Teugen said:
I don't post often because half of the threads seem to be self-masturbatory rants disgorging venom on Muslims/Blacks/Goths/etc etc etc.
Half? 3-4 threads maintained by not overly bright members in the General Forum is half?

A writing style that is rather amusing becomes less so when it is levelled at large groups of people.
Don't forget to apply that winning principle to your own hypocritical generalizing ass.

Haha, you are one of the people I like to read, VD.

I take back the 'half' comment; it was a generalization, as I certainly don't spend that much time here. I tend to read the news and glance at the 'hot' topics, and that might scew my impression somewhat, as the horribly offensive topics tend to burn long and hot.

That does beg the question, though, as to whether you want that feature on your front page.

Regardless, like it or not, the Codex is home to some astoundingly venemous, bigotted people, and the community seems to tolerate their presence. I'm sorry that's the case, but it is, and it's going to turn some people away from being a part of the community, me being one of them.

Keep up with the great news posts, however! They are much appreciated.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Johannes Teugen said:
Haha, you are one of the people I like to read, VD.
Thanks

That does beg the question, though, as to whether you want that feature on your front page.
I don't, to be honest, but we do practice free speech, and threads like that are an unfortunate side effect.

I'm sorry that's the case...
So am I.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Regardless, like it or not, the Codex is home to some astoundingly venemous, bigotted people, and the community seems to tolerate their presence. I'm sorry that's the case, but it is, and it's going to turn some people away from being a part of the community, me being one of them.
Who, exactly, are you talking about? People here can be abrasive, but I can't think of anyone "astoundingly venemous." As for "bigotted" I'm assuming you mean me. I make a lot of faux-racist comments but I don't mean them, some of my best friends are niggers.

Wick

Novice
Forgive me for I have sinned, I came from the Oblivion boards. I swear it was not my fault though they sucked me with their promises of information, rpg goodness and of course the rather undeniable candy.

I have lurked here for about two months, I came for the Oblivion bashing, I stayed for the...Oblivion bashing.

Thrawn05

Scholar
Wick said:
Forgive me for I have sinned, I came from the Oblivion boards. I swear it was not my fault though they sucked me with their promises of information, rpg goodness and of course the rather undeniable candy.

I have lurked here for about two months, I came for the Oblivion bashing, I stayed for the...Oblivion bashing.

I absolve you of all your sins. Your penance is 50 hours Planescape: Torment followed by an additional 50 hours of Ultima 7. Go in peace my child.

Dominus Vobiscum.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Thrawn05 said:
Wick said:

I absolve you of all your sins. Your penance is 50 hours Planescape: Torment followed by an additional 50 hours of Ultima 7. Go in peace my child.

Falloutus Penumberance.
Fixed

geminito

Liturgist
I have been lurking since Van Buren. Then I fell in love with Vault Dweller. I think he is probably a robot designed to scan all messages on this site, which is why his opinions are no longer surprising. But I just can't stop coming here to see him. I wish I could quit him.

kohla

Educated
Yeah, the Year in Review brought me here from the ESF. I lurked for a while then started to read about VD's project and liked it. I am actually looking forward to it now.
Of course the zingers the codex regulars fires off at Beth Soft is entertaining too.

Vault Dweller

Developer
kohla said:
I lurked for a while then started to read about VD's project and liked it. I am actually looking forward to it now.
Your patronage of fine arts is greatly appreciated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom