Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Gregz

Arcane
What the fuck is going on on this siema weekend? 30% win-rate with my avg. WN8 still being +2000 (Usually it is 60%). Seriously, I get nothing but shit teams, all the time.

Someone save me!

Start adding good players to your friends list, and spam platoon invites. It worked for me.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
How WG.net apparently wants games to look, considering they're nerfing TD next after wrecking arty.

vyzhpQl.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Pfft. Last few nights stats

Queue:
1800 KV-1S
1000 IS-3
300 Tigers
100 other heavies
200 mediums
30 light tanks
1000 Rheinmetall-Börsig Waffentragers
500 sealclubbing T18s
1000 other tank destroyers
0 SPGs

(kid you not)

Fix'd.

WG.net really dropped the ball on the arty nerfs. If they reduced the reload and upped the accuracy on all non-british arty a bit, we'd see way less heavies/TDs and way more lights and SPGs.
It'd also completely fix the "OPness" of new german TD line. Let's see how much you like your WT Auf E100 when there's 3-5 arty who can oneshot your open-topped vehicle.

------------

Unlocked the T29. So far.... not too thrilled with it. I got it through the Sherman Jumbo instead of the M6, so I had to start with the stock gun and freexp the 90mm. With stock engine, stock tracks, stock radio, stock turret and still a gun to upgrade, I'm currently about as mobile as a pillbox. Most attempts at going hull down bunker style sees most of my shots bouncing (since no 198mm pen yet). And after 5-6 shots, either some jackass IS on my team parks right in front of me, forcing me to leave hulldown or do nothing, or I get bumrushed by 2-3 mediums that I can't track with my slowass turret rotation. I'm still expecting I'll grow to love it once it gets elited. But there's a long, painful way to go before I get there. Halfway tempted to cave in and do a gold conversion of XP on one of my elited tanks.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In other news, I bought my KV-1S yesterday.

:troll:

Killed 100% health IS-3 with stock equipment and derp gun in my first match.

With the top gun I did 3000 hp damage in a tier 8 game.

Did not get an ace mastery badge.

The tank is balanced though, please don't nerf it!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Gonna be hilarious when the "historical" battles go live. I predict a 98% russia winrate on tier 6.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Historical battles and those national battles are two different things. In historical battles you will only be able to play with a tank that is equiped with modules that were historically available at the time of the battle. Historical battles will be coming sometime later this year. On the other hand, the national battles are battles in which you have tank of only one nation on each side, and no additional matchmaking rules other than those of normal random battles. And the national battles will be introduced with the next patch, so in a week or two.

And yes, it will be hilarious to see the results of the national battles where russians will dominate the T6 battles like there is no tomorrow.
Also, thing about T8+ French national battles, where every tank will have an autoloader.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Fucking siema trains. You try to carry them to a win they don't deserve, but they're too fucking heavy.

qSppFpT.jpg

Destroid

Arcane
I still can't believe the ridiculous guns we got in the old days. T-28 with the KV-1 85mm. KV-1 with the 107mm. Them's the day's.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
You do not purchase TOG II*. TOG II* decides if you are worthy to channel its essence.

On a more srs note, TOG II* is AMAZING in a TOG II* platoon, but mediocre-to-bad on its own. Your decision to TOG II* hinges on whether you have BROs to TOG II* with.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So, FTR had a post about botting in WoT...
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/02/04/bots-introduction-to-the-menace/
http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/02/05/bots-why-are-they-bad-and-why-doesnt-wg-fight-them/

This is probably the most interesting tidbit...

…that running the most popular and probably the best bot (Tankleader) requires a premium account or gold?

Yes, it does. Let it sink in. Yes, that means that pretty much every botter is a Wargaming paying customer.

According to St0rmshadow, it’s actually impossible to run the Warpack bot without premium account, it just crashes. Others allow it, but the bots lose so much money without premium account it’s not sustainable.

According to the Tankleader webpage, this bot has about 130k users. Count with me. Running premium account is not cheap, so these players (since they already spend about 10 bucks on the bot itself per month – remember, it’s subscription based – they might as well paying for the premium) probably buy the premium account for longer periods. So, let’s say half a year.

On EU server, half a year of premium costs 49,05 Euro according to Wargaming premium shop. So, 130k x 49,05 Euro, that’s 6,376 million Euro. If all of these guys bought a year of premium (remember, they don’t have to buy it all at once, they simply have to operate a bot for an entire year, which was known to happen), it’s allready over 10 MILLION Euro revenue. And that’s just this one bot system – as I wrote, there are more.

Some of my latest matches are now starting to make sense...

Zdzisiu

Arcane
It is a weird situation. Bots require premium account to work because without it you would get no credits from any hightier battles while running the bot and the users would whine that the bot is broken. On the other hand, the fact that bots require premium makes WG a lot less harsh at looking at them because they bring income to the company. Shit will be difficult to resolve.

Destroid

Arcane
It's impossible to say if the botters bring a net increase or decrease in revenue. But they definitely make the game more shitty for everyone.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
But that Tankleader case is very interesting, for the bot won't even launch without premium account. There is no reason for it, other bots let you make loss just fine. Nothing in the bot itself requires premium...

Zdzisiu

Arcane
But that Tankleader case is very interesting, for the bot won't even launch without premium account. There is no reason for it, other bots let you make loss just fine. Nothing in the bot itself requires premium...
I still think it was done to prevent the users of that bot from whining that it is broken because they are losing credits and they paid for that bot! Also, remember that the TankLeader bot is sold as a subscription so it is advisable to make the customer as happy as possible and that means to prevent any ways of lossing credits. Also, I can't exclude the possibility that the premium requirement is there to somewho discourage WG from outright banning the botting user.

I'm no saying that it is impossible that WG has its influcence in this, but I think it is rather unlikely.

eklektyk

Erudite
recently made mistake of instaling that ONE mod ...coz i wanted one tinibitsy feature it had [mastery badges on tank icons in garage -couldynt find it separate]

and well waves of reds are overwhelming ..... u simply loose will to play getting loss after loss and seeing shitheads everywhere .... NO FUN at all

Zdzisiu

Arcane
You can turn the rating off in XVM.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom