Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, traffic light lag really kills the game. Nothing like trying to aim a sweet shot up only for everything to "jump" and suddenly everything's moved around on you and you're sitting there like a gumby.

Zdzisiu

Arcane

World of Tanks, farmville edition.

Gotta love their plan to remove the "less popular" maps. Even more Ruinberg and Himmelsdorf!

Haha I love the fragment when they say that the players would be too frustrated if they couldnt destroy a tank because they did not know where to shot to damage crew/modules. Also, have fun driving your Pz3 against them Kv1. Or your T-46 against Tigers.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I have no problem handling tier 5 tanks with tier 3. Obviously not 1 v.s. 1, but that not how it will go in historical battles. Though the lack of premium ammo will make some tanks completely useless, though. But they probably won't appear in the battles anyway... Not sure which gun the T-46 will have, but 66-77 mm penetration should easily penetrate turret rear and less easily the side from underneath the side skirt (60mm?). They are also reducing hitpoints, because the real killer is the massive hitpoint pool heavies have.

But seeing the average tier 3 player skill level... Yeah, those matches will be as horrible as in confrontation mode.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
I have no problem handling tier 5 tanks with tier 3. Obviously not 1 v.s. 1, but that not how it will go in historical battles. Though the lack of premium ammo will make some tanks completely useless, though. But they probably won't appear in the battles anyway... Not sure which gun the T-46 will have, but 66-77 mm penetration should easily penetrate turret rear and less easily the side from underneath the side skirt (60mm?). They are also reducing hitpoints, because the real killer is the massive hitpoint pool heavies have.

But seeing the average tier 3 player skill level... Yeah, those matches will be as horrible as in confrontation mode.
Yeah, tier 3 tank can deal with tier 5 when you have the number advantage and some semblance of teamwork, but I can bet my left testicle that 90% of the low tier tanks in historical battles will suicide scout at the beginning of the battle.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I already own the T2 Light, it also is a pretty shitty tank in retrospect. Pz. I C is superior in every aspect, if you like that sort of a tank. The T-15, on other hand... that one was totally worth the grind!

Also only my jap tier 4 fits the second mission requirements. 10/75. First monthly mission will complete easily.

Apparently they will have gold missions for the weekend, which means that the game will quite possibly be unplayable.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
My second game in the tank.

150hp from victory.

wot_jagdpziv_close_but_no_cigar.jpg

Would have been my daily 5X XP game, too...

This seems to always happen to me. I get a new tank, have a couple of pretty good games and then the rest are all absolute garbage.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I got the Jagdpanzer IV myself two days ago, results are decent but I think I had better games with my kleine Hetzer <3 and Stug. Still better than playing with my Panzer III/IV in World of KV's.

Also managed to level that tier II arty and unlocked a Wespe. That thing is quite fun unless the matchmaker fucks you over with himmeldorf or some other bitch of a map with too much cover. Well, until you get bum-rushed by an enemy light tank.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you wargaming!

M4 Sherman – top turret:

- 105mm howitzer reload time nerfed from 8s to 9s
- 105mm howitzer aimtime nerfed from 2,3s to 2,5s
- 76mm M1A1 reload time nerfed from 4,2s to 4,8s
- shot dispersion on the move on hard surfaces increased by 12 percent

You fucking gay enablers!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you wargaming!

M4 Sherman – top turret:

- 105mm howitzer reload time nerfed from 8s to 9s
- 105mm howitzer aimtime nerfed from 2,3s to 2,5s
- 76mm M1A1 reload time nerfed from 4,2s to 4,8s
- shot dispersion on the move on hard surfaces increased by 12 percent

You fucking gay enablers!
Hahaha M4 getting even more nerfs? Somebody was still using it with HEAT to derp the KV1 and WG got mad again ? :troll:

Hellraiser

Arcane
Oh great, game crashes or something as it spontaneously closes for no apparent reason during a match, just as I am about to flank this enemy light tank with my pwnzer III/IV.

I restart the client, it tries to auto-reconnect to the match as I log in again, although I already see on the loading screen they blew me up. It crashes again as it loads. I try again, same thing. It won't even let me quit (I'm already dead ffs!) and pick another tank in the garage.

Wargaming fix your shit.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
WoT has been completely unplayable for me for the past six days. After ten unrecoverable crashes at 2000+ DMG done, I made a support ticket. Got a reply too:

Unfortunately, for now, we have no estimation date to share, but please, keep on being patient until we do fix the issue. Please understand that we can't compensate any loss you have or may have experienced so far.

I'll ask my lawyer to send in an official reply once he has spare moment, just for kicks. Not like I am going to bother pursuing this further, the lost premium days is just peanuts. But their attitude stinks to high heaven.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom