Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

I'm 90% sure the missions are only for random battles. That said, we can always use more players to join Undead Phoenix in mocking my substandard driving skills :negative:
You like getting talked to dirty way too much :M

Mornings are impossible for me, as are late nights. Might change a little while for Christmas though.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Naah, those last for like six months anyway, so there is no hurry. And personal missions come after new years.

Feel free to inv if your tooning up or got something organized, I do tiers from 5-8 atm. Sometimes clubbing seals at 2-3 to recover nerves from chronic butthurt.

eklektyk

Erudite
well, lately i do only few doubles per day and call it quits [after geting my 25 gold]
but i can always platoon if u guys are around and send me a msg pigeon or smth

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
So... The special mission for holidays is announced:
150,000 damage and 150 kills in tier 6+ vehicles from each nation between Dec 15th and Jan 19th.

Reward: Chinese WZ-111

Not so bad, with my low tier tanks and the holidays removed, that'll just be about 45 games per day.
:badnews:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Don't have chinese/nippon tanks and I don't care for playing rus. Gonna pass on that mission.

I'm really liking the Artillery Assistant mod. It makes it a lot easier to tell what's blocking your shot at a tank. I'd like to claim my hit% has gone way up, but the RNG still taunts me with misses, even though my target is dead centre in the aiming circle and I've waited 7½ sec for it to finish reducing the spread.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Cause low prices, I bought these 2 gothic boxes, although I still train crew for one and probably will have to train another one, to understand which one I actually like

82295376.jpg

82295377.jpg

Don't have enough free XP too, and I HAD ENOUGH OF STOCK GERMAN TANKS
I say it all the time but then I think maaaaybe I will need free XP later more, and play stock again and suffer

Shadenuat

Arcane
They say the fixed it when you could shoot Tiger in a track and it suddenly gets set ablaze :negative:

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Well, the engine still is wrecked and you are raped where you stand.

Three days of not grinding wot. All the things you can accomplish.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Tigger is all aboot sidescrapin & sniping. If you can get shot in lower glacis, you are not tiggin right

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So is there any reason to play any other tanks other than TDs? You always end up with higher tanks facing you, so you need all the pen you can get, and if you are not a gold wallet warrior, the only high pen that can be provided is in TD's. There is no point in medium because it just does everything average, there is no point in heavy because when you are at tier 5 your armor is mitigated by facing tier 7s, there is no point in light because you get killed instantly after spotting 2 other tanks, SPGs were nerfed down.

You get most effective by staying in the back in a TD, wargaming why are you so lame.

Shadenuat

Arcane
It depends entirely on a tank and it's gun. Some tanks feel nice and comfortable everywhere (read: they have balanced gun), while others suffer when thrown at higher levels.

Example: german tanks Luchs and Leopard. Luchs is a 4th level tank with 95 pen magazine machine gun and meets tanks from level 3 to I believe 7, but mostly 4 to 6, where it's machine gun with average alpha of wtfwhat 300, more often between 200 and 300 can put holes in almost anything, and of course level 3 and 4 tanks just explode from this sort of fire power.
But then take Leopard, it is a higher level light tank, which is huuueg and with same gun, but it gets thrown at even higher levels, and no level 3 or 4 for you, so you have same gun, with 2 more bullets, but now you are out of your "comfort zone".

There are other examples like L/70 or Waffe that you can get at level 5 tanks and keep at level 6 tanks and be OK, but then they make you use those even at level 7, and now it kinda sucks.

tl;dr for me it's all about tanks that are in a "comfort zone". This means guns with good pen combined with good mobility. Examples of those on my level are VK3001(D), T34-85 & Cromwell tanks.

Ofc if you just want to shoot anywhere and pen anywhere you can try TD but, the paradox of this game is: gun is everything, but gun is not everything. For example, Pz. Sfl. IVc aka Coffin aka Barbecue has a 194 pen, 240 damage anti air gun AT LEVEL FIVE... and so what? It's hueg as fuck and you can't shoot for shit in this thing cause gun doesn't rotate at all.

Personally I find TD extremely dull and anything without turret to be dull. But I guess you can always praise amurika and get yourself a Hellcat and enjoy.
http://<iframe width="640" height="...ge" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The amount of pen you really need in the game is actually lower than one might expect. Everyone wants to shoot at front and kill but truth is some careful aiming will take you places. Not everything can be killed by raw pen. For example, british tortoise-series can only be taken down by careful aiming, as well as tanks like american T29 (which is a glorious looking GDI mammoth tank and probably will be second tree I am going to explore).

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
That's why you go Russian su TD line ,,,, you have pen alpha and slopped armor....... russians op

Shadenuat

Arcane
Soviets are clearly overpowered in the game although some reasons why are not very obvious. For example in the game having turret close to front is a great advantage, but in reality a turret like on T-34 made tank "unbalanced" and able to hurt it's cannon while moving, say inside a trench.
But yeah soviets are ease of use mod for the game.
Thankfully it means that amount of noobs on RU server riding KV-1's just showing their hull in the open means some easy kills.

Btw there is new imba TD now, E-25 german, which thankfully they removed from sale because I've seen from 3 to 5 of those on every side every battle. Fuck those invisible mosquito shits and people who drive them.

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
IS and T29 don't care about which tier they end up in. Mediums dominate with their carrying ability. TDs can be very situational. Or absolutely useless (city maps)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Mediums dominate as the difference in hit points becomes less, and they are harder to hit with artillery. Somewhere around level 5 heavies still look like heavies, and some of them can work like armored slower mediums.

Still the balance is all over the place. Nine TDs on every team? Five artilleries? Nine heavies? Everything for you, served.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Chi-To stronk! Best XP! Dai Nippon Teikoku BANZAI!

wot_chito.jpg

Totally not hate! Much fun grind mission, stronk tank. Much enjoy. Slit wrists, cut stomach.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I started the Amurika tree to T29 and French trees for ElcAmx/BatChat and lovely 50 100 heavy with cassete.

So I level up french "light tanks".

Now I know that german tanks are awesome, actually.
Just got into level 5 fight with KVs on my AMX 38.

:hero:

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Once you get the big gun on T29 it becomes a beast. Look forward to that. Also, finished my M4 stuart and got chaffee. Chaffee is fun. 2.3k spotting damage in first match

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
RENDER GLORY ONTO TOG! TOG FEASTS ON LESSER TANKS!
mhsJLr6.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom