Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Shadenuat

Arcane
How in a bloody hell did you make this sausage playable :lol:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
TOG is a great tank, you just have to be lucky with the enemies. Don't get spotted, don't get shot. Once KV-2's and artillery are dead, you're the king.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Team camp in base. StuG cares not for cowardice. StuG is assault gun!

utdpSug.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
images

82320481.jpg

82320482.jpg

:salute:

fuck I need 30k xp on this thing, fuck fuck

We need more turrets with Brownings! And more windows! With Brownings!

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
What's better t29 or is ? t34-85 line or easy 8 line ?

Is it more fun to get chaffee line or mt-25 line for lights ?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
They are different. IS has no armour but is more mobile, T29 has no armour, but has indestructible turret front. T-34-85 v.s. kwanzania are wildly different too. You've probably figured out what fits your play style the best, i.e. can you deal with inaccurate guns with no depression or you prefer to go hull down etc. Try the tanks out on test server.

T20 is a tank with great gun for example, but I can't seem to get it working as well as I do with T-34-85. (3 MOE v.s. 1 on T20...)

Chaffee line is probably the most fun out of light tanks atm, but I only got the Chaffee so I can't comment much further.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
fuk u wargayming i hate u this much. a light lvl 4 faces lvl 7s this is some major bullshit, who the fuk thought its gunna be a good idea. I would get the mt-25 line because it has 700 engine horsepower and i need fast acceleration cause i like to get in close but you need fukin 34k xp from t34, wargayming get your shit together goddamnit.

baturinsky

Arcane
Role of light tanks is to sit in bushes and spot. Maybe also raze enemy artillery after front line crumbles. You don't need high level for that.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
haha like a level 4 with 360 range can outspot level 7 tanks that have more view range

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
That's why light tanks are the hard mode. Especially the "in-between" tier lights. You really have to know your maps and your enemies. When to fire and when to be wevvy wevvy qwuiet.

Even then, I see experienced scouts get unlucky and die right at the start.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Also, it is a bit of a leftover from times before physics introduction and later light tanks nerfs, when some light tanks were close to motorbikes speeding up to 72km/h and turning on a dime, old T 50 and T 50-2 were the prime examples of this.

But I do agree, a lot of light tanks are completly shit at the spotting/scouting role, they are to slow, have to low view range, and die from two hits. There is a spotting rebalance comming in the "near" future, so it may change some things, but I have no idea about the details of it.

baturinsky

Arcane
As I said, bushes.
Of cause, it's rarely a good times when you are at the bottom of the list, but being a medium, heavy or art that can't harm anything is even worse than being light that can still do it's work.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Sometimes, when the stars align right, WoT can be fun too.

wot_E-25_OP.jpg

They were no tomatos either, they had four smurfs in their team. Had 8 shots left.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Premium has nothing to do with it. In fact, I'd probably done more damage if I was driving a tier 6 Achilles, for example. Hellcat wouldn't have been able to do the same due to the lower rate of fire. Wasn't in real danger of getting spotted due to the location I chose.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Butthurt? :troll:

Like I said, in that case it wouldn't have mattered. Any tank with fast rate of fire and decent camo would've done the same trick, since the enemies pushed from both the hill and the river/lake and I killed their scouts in the middle. Just pew pew pew away. You can see it from the lack of spotting damage.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
e25 has the highest stationary camo ratio out of all tanks, no reason to defend yourself being a wallet warrior haba, derp.

:M

Shadenuat

Arcane
Butthurt? :troll:
Yeah my chair burns every time I see even a high level fight with E-25 doing bonkers like 3000 damage while heavies barely scratch their own hull point cost.
There are just so many of them, often 2 at least from every side. It's like a Hellcat of level 7 now :negative:

What bothers me the most is their physics. It's like E-25 never loses it's speed anywhere, even when turning or climbing. It's crazy.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
e25 has the highest stationary camo ratio out of all tanks

459 m view range. Yet not a single spot. I wonder what that means? :M

Yeah my chair burns every time I see even a high level fight with E-25 doing bonkers like 3000 damage while heavies barely scratch their own hull point cost.

I doubt you see it too often. Most of the time they are being driven by complete dumbfucks.

WN8 expected damage is just 1,069, while even AT-7 has 1,252...

They are really annoying when the driver uses them as a scout. In Malinovka it can spot the entire middle in less than a minute, without being spotted (as long as you don't get stupid and shoot while meds are still in sight).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Even dumbfucks are annoying cause they can go in a melee with you and kill you and die themselves like ahmed the terrorist.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Try this spotting haba :troll:

AnTFB4V.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom