Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Destroid

Arcane
I found E8 pretty crappy compared to the E2, doesn't have enough speed to offset it's paper armour. I didn't know they'd put in some more mediums and the turreted TDs for the brits, nice to hear, I like the brit tanks a lot.

I got sick of the grind and quit playing this game before I could get my T29 and Hellcat upgraded to top gun :(

EDIT: The 17pdr is a beastly gun for a T6 medium, better than what most (all?) T7 mediums pack.

Destroid

Arcane
Firefly or Hellcat? Guns are comparable on both.

Hellcat is TD, which comes with shitty HP. The Hellcat is probably better on balance since they are both made of glass and the Hellcat is way faster with much bigger alpha, but still, the Firefly is an interesting looking tank.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Hellcat > Firefly. Even after nerfs. Got both. I'd pick Hello Kitty any time except to get Firefly elited so I can sell it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Ahihihohohoehohohoehohoehooaahheho...

4ElE92u.jpg

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Got myself a week of premium so add Hoaxmetal if you want to platoon. Usually playing tiers 4-8 (don't have 9 or 10).

eklektyk

Erudite
i've decided that this year i dont give a fuck about free tank u must killl urself to grind for [since chi-ri is soooo awesome and op and i dont have anything better than tuer7 on jap and chinese so fuck no]
and i felt good whole month with this and i still have amazing time not playing wot and suffering totaly broken mm and red teams that killsteal and bot to hearts delight ...
awesome time :)

ps ad a disclamer: i got is6 and superboilershing for free but since then wg went full retard and misions for kv220 and type62 ere so retarded that i stoped caring at all :)

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
and i felt good whole month with this and i still have amazing time not playing wot and suffering totaly broken mm and red teams that killsteal and bot to hearts delight ...
awesome time :)

I took a four day break from the grind during Christmas. God, those days were like heaven. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever to subject yourself to torture like this.

But this mission is nothing compared to the IM's that are coming up. That'll be some epic level insanity. And I do want that DDR T-54 :negative:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Grind Haba, grind. This is what Tovarish wargaming demands of you. Do your patriotic duty. Za matushku Russiye.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
But this mission is nothing compared to the IM's that are coming up. That'll be some epic level insanity. And I do want that DDR T-54 :negative:

They don't seem too bad. They're not time limited like the other free tank events afaik. The missions also look pretty managable.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/12/05/9-5-feedback-individual-missions/

In other news, russians get massive xp from the winter "fun" mode:

For The Record said:
hidden.jpg

It says: “…apart from the missions listed above, you will be able to complete also a bunch of hidden missions…”

Hidden missions. Transparency all the way! But wait, it gets better.

It turned out that these hidden missions incorrectly interacted with the open ones, specifically in multiplying the XP and crew XP modificator. The result was that the Winter Mode awarded like 100k crew XP and regular XP in a few missions and Yuri Pasholok on his blog reports that in 3,5 hours of playing, he managed to accumulate 230k XP. Another player reports average 3200 XP per battle each five minutes, for everybody (for a loss, it was 2,6k XP).

This unintended fail lasted until cca 14:00 CET today, by which point some players (since yesterday) managed to accumulate absolutely ridiculous amounts of XP (hundreds of thousands, even millions), including multi-perk crews. Around that time, WG staff removed some of the hidding missions, greatly reducing the XP and crew XP income, creating massive butthurt.

The EU server will get the detuned version sans massive xp of course. Filthy kapeetaleest peeg-dogz are not worthy of Putins gifts.

Also, the "healing shells" to shoot at your allies in the winter mode are gold ammo. :P

Last edited:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I got two 2-perk teams and 2 million silver from NES-tanks in one day and forgot about it after :M

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Why can't the EU have nice things? :negative:

I'm still only at 80% on the first skill in my Chaffee. Scouting without 6th sense is painful.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
They don't seem too bad. They're not time limited like the other free tank events afaik. The missions also look pretty managable.

Uhm...

60 missions need to be completed to earn enough tokens to unlock the tank. Each mission needs to be manually activated, you can only complete one mission (per tank type) at a time.

You need to unlock the tanks in progressive order, can't go directly for the T55A for example.

Missions for higher tier tanks need to be completed in higher tier tanks.

Missions get progressively harder.

Main – As a Platoon, destroy 7 enemy vehicles. Additional – Each Platoon member must cause damage to enemy vehicles destroyed by the Platoon.
Main – Set 2 enemy vehicles on fire. Additional – Join the top 3 players on your team by experience earned.
Main – The damage caused, damage received, and damage blocked by armor must be at least 13,000 HP in total. Additional – Survive the battle. Win the battle.

And those are not even the hardest variables.

Also, will love those base capping missions. "FFS n00bs, don't cap! FU I'm on a mission!"

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I never complain about cap, nor do I budge from the circle if I'm capping and someone complains. :P

The 7 kills + everyone hits is pretty doable. We manage that 2-3x a week in [BACON] when doing TOG II* platoons. Unless the stuffie explicitly requires the entire platoon to be in mediums.

Damage caused/recieved/blocked can be done with the T29 ez. I've exceeded that a couple of times in tier 7 matches with no frenchies here the entire enemy team was wailing on my turret front.

Setting 2 tanks on fire is probably the hardest of the lot, since it's dependant on you getting lucky with the rng or the enemy team having 2 Tiger IIs you can shoot once anywhere in the front.
:troll:

Last edited:

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Not to mention that Tiger II's don't get frontal fires any more.

Still, having to manually activate each mission is just retarded. Not to mention the frustration that comes when you accidentally manage to do an absurdly hard mission.

And really, how often do you get 10k+ blocked games with T29 anymore? Maybe if you're insanely lucky with high tier shells, but that pretty much is exclusively for certain tier X's. The 1k ramming damage, two ramming kills one is also "fun".

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Still, having to manually activate each mission is just retarded. Not to mention the frustration that comes when you accidentally manage to do an absurdly hard mission.

The only qualifying for a mission if you have it activated sounds pretty loltarded and I hope that's a cruel joke. I can understand not qualifying for more than 1 mission per game. I could probably do 75% of the light tank one sin one chaffee game. But it'd make way more sense for the game to auto-complete the "hardest" mission you qualify for.

And really, how often do you get 10k+ blocked games with T29 anymore? Maybe if you're insanely lucky with high tier shells, but that pretty much is exclusively for certain tier X's. The 1k ramming damage, two ramming kills one is also "fun".

It's combined blocked + assisted + damage taken + damage dealt IIRC. ~3500 damage dealt isn't unusual. Add some assisted damage and a bunch of tier 5's and 6's shootan at you all game and it can be done.

eklektyk

Erudite
since they "fixed" ramming i have serious doubts on those requirements as :finishable: [many tanks that were excellent rammers and scout hunters were affected]

as a bounus from loving WG.net : when they activate FUN MODE <tm> all ur mods will stop working and fuck up ur client :d and normally unafected garage whell mode this time is fucked too :D quality from russia with love:D

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
sounds very XAXAXAXAXAXAXA))
I knew about the garage carousel mods being broken, but every single mod? Thats news to me

eklektyk

Erudite
russians were whining that all mods were crashing and burning left and right

so i asume that aside of usual xvm and congirmed carousell others are affected as wele becouse some common accesible file was fucked and that file must be used/referenced by other mods on regular basis ... or smth like that
wg is know to change things everywhere gor no aparent reason but just ti fuck them more [recent m55 model vofkainduced fuckup was nice tho :) ]

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Recently elited my T29 and got the T32... I think I'm in love. :desu:

You need ~30k freexp when you buy it, because that's what it'll cost you to get tracks and turret. And you NEED the turret for the T32 to shine. You go from 114/76/76 to 298/197/152 turret armor. Even tier 10s firing premium will have a tough time cracking your turret front. I had some misgivings prior to going into the T32, given that the T34 premium of the same tier has a gun with way more penetration and alpha damage.

But the T32 goes a long way towards migitating the weaknesses of the Txx Kwan heavy line. The playstyle for all of the tanks is "Hide your hull, bounce shots with frontla turret". The T32 has better frontal hull armor for when exposing the hull is unavoidable. And it has a great slope that's almost as trolly in bouncing shots as the IS3. And the hull itself is lower, shorter and narrower than the T29/T34, making it easier to conceal. The nearly 200mm side armor on your turret also helps when you're facing enemy tanks that get an angled shot off on your side turret. Finally, the tank is lighter than the other heavies but has the same engine, making it less painful when driving uphill. All in all a great tank I'd warmly recommend to everyone. The only caveat is that gold shot is mandatory. Not as your main ammo type. But when you meet tier10s, it will sometimes be the only way you can damage them.

M103 soon™. It looks good. But I'm suspecting it won't be nearly as amazing as the Txx'es.

Undead phoenix asked me to carry him this weekend. T32-chan was up to the challenge!
upload_2015-1-12_14-27-38.png

eklektyk

Erudite
t32 is one of da best tanks in there ...and i like to drive my
easy to get in good position and if u know to aim for weakspots and/or go for flanking shots it gets u masive dmg = credits and xp
simply good on all sides

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Personal quests are out. Complete 75 of them in order for a free tank that's a slightly worse StuG III :troll:

And we all know there's going to be a bunch of games that are lost now because your team is too busy trying to kill a n enemy while driving backwards or suicide-rushing across the map to spot 10 people first.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Did the first five of the scout missions already last night, took me seven games. Mainly because I had teams with four scouts in them... I think only the last mission in them will be challenging, 4k spotting damage... drive to the bush in Malinovka, probs?

Playing scouts is actually pretty fun after all the retardo grind for WZ, but it 'ain't fun when you get four city maps in a row and can't do any actual scouting. Still, the missions are so retarded that they deserve to be cheated. Anyone seen hourly server stats for EU? :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom