Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

So, World of Tanks, I play it, here's some criticism.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
If people are struggling getting their StuG IV: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index...l-mission-tipstricksadvice-stug-iv-currently/

ATM I'm on LT-11 (None of the bros I play with know how to SPG), MT-9 (40 or so shots to sides/rear of tanks, no fires yet...), HT-9 (Whenever I get to ram something, it survives with 20-30 hp and all my heavies are slow as fuck), SPG-4 (My platoon mates keep killing the LTs I tell them I'm shooting at :argh:). Finished all the TD's with secondary objectives.

Shadenuat

Arcane
82579564.jpg

447px-Manlytears3.jpg

:negative::negative::negative::negative:
:argh::argh::argh:
:x

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
AnnoAuf_Panther.png

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

......:neveraskedforthis:

Last edited:

Norfleet

What kind of a sane tank commander would let womyn in their tank? No, they shall stay at the barracks, keeping the bunks warm for our laddies!:
Sensible ones, probably. Tanks are small, cramped places. Smaller crewcritters therefore perform more efficiently. A tank is no place for a 7-foot ogre.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What kind of a sane tank commander would let womyn in their tank? No, they shall stay at the barracks, keeping the bunks warm for our laddies!:
Sensible ones, probably. Tanks are small, cramped places. Smaller crewcritters therefore perform more efficiently. A tank is no place for a 7-foot ogre.

Let me tell you why a small man is still superior choice for any tank:

7f488e4d9085c94d9f95147963b3f92e.jpg

70c9bc35c78c8ea1d0ab9673a67848ed.jpg

large.jpg

Norfleet

Let me tell you why a small man is still superior choice for any tank:
Oh sure, there's plenty of work and lifting involved. But from personal experience, I haven't found this to be a problem, the wife manages just fine. I would not be picking those waif-like scrawny ones, though.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
M103 is bretty good 5/5 would kwan. First game it had I got over 4k damage deflected by armor and the cannon is nice. My only complaint is that the gold noobshot is HEAT. And HEAT seems to fail utterly unless you strike exactly 90 degrees on enemy armor.

Also, the stock stracks can carry all the equipment, so you can skip those. I went straight to the Tier 9 gun and upgraded turret for faster reload time and less weak spots. I already had the radio. I'm not sure whether to go with engine or tier X cannon for the next upgrade. Tier x cannon is 60k xp +16mm pen, +0 damage, +0.1 rounds/min, -0.03 dispersion and -0.3s aim time. OTOH you get it for free in the tier x tank. So it's sort-of "wasted" money.

The engine is 45k xp for +50 horsepower. It doesn't go in any other tanks. But it's needed for the tier X heavy research (185k)

The tracks are 25k xp for +2 degrees traverse and I don't need the extra load capacity at all.

The way I see it, I either go Gun->Engine->Tier 10 or Engine->Tier 10 (skip gun). I'm just not sure whether the gun upgrades are signifigant enough to warrant having to grind 20% more xp. Anyone with the M103 got thoughts on this?

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What is a carry? A Kolobanov's medal 9 v.s. 1, ending in your victory?

wot_T-15_001.jpg

wot_T-15_002.jpg

Ah but what you say, easy to do when you're top tier against tomatoes?

O.K., so what about when you're bottom tier with 42 mm penetration gun that does 40 dmg per shot?

wot_T-15_003.jpg

wot_T-15_004.jpg

(Would've killed the AT 2 as well, but couldn't penetrate it at all :/)

Disgruntled

Savant
bit offtopic but anyone got access to world of generals?
Im looking to get into the closed beta.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's pretty meh. Played it a little but got bored fast. There are better card games out there. Just play hearthstone instead.

On the topic of tanks, I got the turret and first cannon on my M103. It's pretty pleasing so far, although I dislike the penetration values. Normally, I'd carry a few rounds of gold for tier 10s, but the M103 is AP/HEAT/HE and HEAT seems so inferior to APCR it's not even funny. Maybe there's a trick to HEAT, but it seems like it bounces way more often than regular shells. The only time I've had success with HEAT is when I'm driving my Tier 5 Sherman with derp and want to obliterate a tier 4 in one shot. Post HE-nerfs, my Shermie seems to be doing 100-150 damage per hit with normal HE instead of blowing bitches up.

But that leaves my M103 in the weird situation where I need to flank enemies to be sure to pen, but my tank is big and fat and slow with a hull made out of rice paper. (Sides of the turret too, for that matter. I miss the feeling of invulnerability you had in the T32). There's another cannon upgrade and I can afford it in 40k xp or so. But it seems like it's only a minor increase. (+16mm pen, still can't load APCR). And it's a bit discouraging that the same cannon is also what you get on the Tier 10 heavy. It seems horribly undergunned compared to what other tanks get. I dunno.

Maybe I should just grind 100k xp on my JagdTiger and get the JagdE100. But according to all the ranking sites, the JE100 consistently has the lowest winrate of all the tier 10s.

eklektyk

Erudite
leaving us in tender embrace of WG EU monkeys .... :sigh:

and i was almost ready to return for some tankin ... now im not so sure

Gregz

Arcane
What is a carry? A Kolobanov's medal 9 v.s. 1, ending in your victory?

wot_T-15_001.jpg

wot_T-15_002.jpg

Ah but what you say, easy to do when you're top tier against tomatoes?

O.K., so what about when you're bottom tier with 42 mm penetration gun that does 40 dmg per shot?

wot_T-15_003.jpg

wot_T-15_004.jpg

(Would've killed the AT 2 as well, but couldn't penetrate it at all :/)

Stop clubbing seals and play some real tanks.

None of that shit matters if you aren't Tier 8 or higher.

You're spanking 10 years olds and people who just installed, stop inflating your ego with bullshit and get in a competitive clan or tournament crew if you want to see skilled players.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Sure sure, super exciting tier 10 gameplay which consists of:
1.) camping
2.) sudden and total collapse
3.) using creative insults and blaming your team members for the loss

No thanks. I'll much rather play tiers and tanks where I can carry the entire game when my team fails.

Gregz

Arcane
Sure sure, super exciting tier 10 gameplay which consists of:
1.) camping
2.) sudden and total collapse
3.) using creative insults and blaming your team members for the loss

No thanks. I'll much rather play tiers and tanks where I can carry the entire game when my team fails.

Hey that's fine, games are for fun, but don't go stroking your e-peen over stomping noobs.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Speaking of e-peen, the barrel on mine just got augmented. :smug:
xcOun9E.jpg

And mark of excellence is measured against other StuG sealclubbers too, so that makes it better than just regular sealclubbing.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Hey that's fine, games are for fun, but don't go stroking your e-peen over stomping noobs.

Yeah sure whatever, I have +90% winrate in TCs (when people still played those) and skirmishes, have won games against EFE, FAME and UNICA. If I were posting screens of rekt unicum clans, that'd be e-peen stroking. Those battle results I've been posting were fun games against absolute odds.

I find it quite amusing that the same unicums who dismissively refer to lower tiers as "noob stomping" are quite often unable to do jack shit when I've been doing missions with them on lower tiers. Lower tiers have their own challenges and unique dynamics, but they also have the element of random chance and unexpectedness. High tiers and "competitive play" are boring and formulaic in comparison, with little room for mistakes... or playing bad tanks.

Gregz

Arcane
If I were posting screens of rekt unicum clans, that'd be e-peen stroking.

Yeah, and you'd actually have something to stroke about. But, since you don't have any such screens (your photoshop skills aside), you'll settle for taking selfies on a pile of scrub tankers for KKKs?

:retarded:

I've played all tiers, 15k battles, and spent 6 months in a top 3 clan on the NA servers before I quit from sheer exhaustion.

As long as we're jerkin' it, how does my Super Unicum Recent WN8 of 3651 compare to yours?

signature.png

AKcvGfK.png

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Seal club. Always platoon with 2 good players. Only drive "best in tier" tanks. Load gold ammo. Be mercenary and sacrifice teammates to get an extra shot off and boost your efficiency rating.

Norfleet

Be mercenary and sacrifice teammates to get an extra shot off and boost your efficiency rating.
I think the word you're looking for is "ruthless". There's nothing "mercenary" about it. Mercenary would be if was somehow achieving profit for doing so, because mercenary is about profit.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
But you are doing it for profit. WN8 profit. You'll get higher efficiency if you can get another 2-3 penetrating hits in than if you would for winning. So you sacrifice teammates to boost your own efficiency.
Do you even play WoT Norfleet, or are you just trawling the codex for things that trigger your autism?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom