Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Sol Invictus strikes back

Twinfalls

Erudite
Sexitium stop wasting your beautiful breath, and give us a song

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Sol Invictus said:
Anyway, thanks. Just know that we don't plan to compete with the Codex. The Codex has its own niche (independent RPGs, roguelikes, hardcore RPGs mainly) while we plan to cover more mainstream stuff, as well as a number of JRPGs, 360 and PS3 RPGs, and select MMORPGs.

Well, to use the Firefly analogy, RPGDot has the ALLIANCE rap locked. You know, civilized to the point of totalitarian sterility. Meanwhile, RPG Codex has the Browncoat thing going for it with the whole independent underground scraping by while trying to get a little bit further away from the false "light of civilization".

So, I guess that means you guys have to be Reavers by default.

Calis

Pensionado
Sol Invictus said:
chakl's IP isn't 66.98.168.78. It's someone on this forum.
That IP is a guardster.com IP.
However, the post here was made from a different IP (64.246.18.83, also a guardster.com IP). I've added both to our ban list, but it's not like there aren't a zillion other proxy's out there people could use... bottom line is that we still have no real idea who this was.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Alright, I admit it. It was I, Major_Blackhart! I pretended to be chockenmycock for purposes because I hate miles "long" chungky chink.

Calis

Pensionado
Hacked it in myself. I can send you the code if you want it.

Nicolai

DUMBFUCK
rexflagshipshirt6pp8mh.jpg

Never forget.
icon_salut.gif

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
What's that gym system over his other shoulder? It's like blue or something. I've never seen a blue one. It's like an iGym or something.

Susan's twin

Novice
[20:07:59] <@chakl|w0rx> I like hot sex
[20:08:08] <@chakl|w0rx> aweaty too
[20:08:12] <@chakl|w0rx> sweat*
[20:11:42] <@SolInvictus> Okay?
[20:11:48] <@SolInvictus> lol
[20:15:07] <@chakl|w0rx> =/
[20:21:24] <@SolInvictus> pm

Les choses effrayantes se produisent derrière les portes fermées dans # hellgatelondon. Le twin de Susaine est, assez tristement, non privé aux horreurs de ce rapport.

The Dirty Secret of the RPGCodex is this:

Given the current state of PC RPGs, one has to talk about tubgirl or say nothing at all. There are only so many times one can lament Black Hounds or talk about the dialog in Torment.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Damn, the forums are still up. I was hoping they'd be taken offline when I reported them for piracy, like I did Co8 when those forums were pulled down. Rex must've scrounged up the money to pay for VBulletin in advance this time.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
http://www.rpgfront.com//node/15

Sol Invictus said:
Sued by Blizzard? Well, here's a news flash: Blizzard doesn't own the action-RPG genre. More on point, stop calling them Diablo clones.

And wow, man, I wouldn't put words words in Sullivan's mouth. I see absolutely nothing wrong with touting the scenario creator as one of the game's main features. After all, Neverwinter Nights did exactly the same, and we all know how successful that game was.

Edit:
http://www.rpgfront.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28

Sol Invictus said:
I wouldn't call Titan Quest a "Diablo clone" even though the basic gameplay is the same.

Seven

Erudite
Sol Invictus wrote:
I wouldn't call Titan Quest a "Diablo clone" even though the basic gameplay is the same.

He had a team of tranny Malaysian monkeys working around the clock to come up with that one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom