Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Some positive feedback for RPGcodex as aweigh tries to reason with RPGwatch (and fails)

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
if he is american then no sorry,best left americans can do is the despicable socialdemocrasy.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Rpgwatch tends to post a lot more diverse rpg news tho, for those that actually bother to get their news from the codex rss feed, which is inadequate.

We need an newsbot that actually caters to the various communities on the codex, instead of just posting shit from inxile and obsidian... We do have jrpg and action rpg fans after all.

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
God damn, even I never got a warning on teh watch :lol:
Try harder. Next time, use the word "crap" in your post and they'll hold a trial for you.

And you will have members like Ripper and Chien Aboyeur debating for 15 pages as to whether it is morally offensive to utter such a word, the obvious conclusion being of course yes, and you should flagellate yourself more for being white, straight and male just to be sure.

There's sthing about the layout and culture of the Watch that makes it feel like an old folks' home.

Actually a lot of the regulars are old school RPG fans in their forties, fifties and even sixties, because I think it was based initially from an RPG site that leaned heavily on pen and paper games.

Corwin who gave those warnings is a good example. He is about the only poster that I really miss. He is laid back and he is OK most of the times, but he is an old man. You just can't ask too much from him.

Most any other posters either are OK but way too forgettable and bland, others like Ripper are too stuck up and will debate over the most pointless, inane details for pages on end like it was a political debate, whereas a few are very leftist and militant to the point of obnoxiousness like Aubrielle.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
The fact that they've got the 'Report Post' so obviously available to use right there says a lot about the Watch. They're so scared to insult or upset one another that they've turned into a little police state full of passive-aggressive and self-delusional milquetoasts.

That is, of course, when it comes time to say something nasty off-the-cuff about the Codex, which most of them seem to have no problem with.

Mortmal

Arcane
Rpg tends to post a lot more diverse rpg news tho, for those that actually bother to get their news from the codex rss feed, which is inadequate.

We need an newsbot that actually caters to the various comunidades in the codex, instead of just posting shit from inxile and obsidian... We do have jrpg and action rpg fans after all.
Indeed, the news front page is pillar 2, pillar 2, inxile, pillar2 , some obscure indie game from VD, pillar 2 , pillar 2 , inxile and the codex opinion poll disguised in such a way pillar of eternity looks like the best rpg ever, a golden sun shining over a sea of lesser rpgs....
So excuse me if i still look at rpgwatch for news.

tormund

Arcane
There is something to be said for how so many Kodexers go to Watch for discussion, not only for news. Kodex is good for messing around and for ironic trolling, for getting that crap out of your system... But when you want serious and mature discussion, you go to Watch and GAF. You xan still get some of then in cRPG subforum here, mind you, but there is some appeal of having such a discussion without being interrupted with shitposting, ironic "conservatives", random offensive memes, generic hating of the discussed game and so on.

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
images

Repressed Homosexual
Originally Posted by Eye
I'm happy with its size. But perhaps that is difficult to say for certain men. They need to compensate in other areas. Hence the ever returning Codexers to point at the size of theirs?
wink-.gif
Size is an important issue for me and if the Watch get too big I might leave. I hang around at the watch because its relativity small! The smaller size allow you to get know the posters and it brings in sense of comradery.

Originally posted by Lost Forever
However I do agree things bit tame here and due to that discussion can only go so far without someone being offended but I guess that the price you pay. I am at stage of life where I don't have the time anymore to get into heated debates on the internet so I am happy with the Watch's tame approach to things.

From what I can see, Eye, along with Aubrielle, is the second female infiltrator (although Aubrielle is probably really a transgendered man). It is because of her that for instance Myrthos made rules to ban criticism of Islam.

It's always the same thing on any forum. A female or a few ones (or individuals pretending to be one) join an online community, are quickly revered by the established mangina posters and administrators/moderators, and gradually pull strings in a passive aggressive manner in order to render the community much more controlled and rigid, and render "unproper opinions" verboten, which is acquiesed to by said manginas preoccupied both by virtue signaling and by getting the approval of said females. For instance, see Something Awful, which went to something that was more like 4chan, to a bunch of bitter feminist lesbians whining about cisgendered men all day.

Beware the queen bee.

Last edited:
Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
Originally Posted by Eye
I'm happy with its size. But perhaps that is difficult to say for certain men. They need to compensate in other areas. Hence the ever returning Codexers to point at the size of theirs?
wink-.gif
Size is an important issue for me and if the Watch get too big I might leave. I hang around at the watch because its relativity small! The smaller size allow you to get know the posters and it brings in sense of comradery.

Originally posted by Lost Forever
However I do agree things bit tame here and due to that discussion can only go so far without someone being offended but I guess that the price you pay. I am at stage of life where I don't have the time anymore to get into heated debates on the internet so I am happy with the Watch's tame approach to things.

From what I can see, Eye, along with Aubrielle, is the second female infiltrator (although Aubrielle is probably really a transgendered man). It is because of her that for instance Myrthos made rules to ban criticism of Islam.

It's always the same thing on any forum. A female or a few ones (or individuals pretending to be one) join an online community, are quickly revered by the established mangina posters and administrators/moderators, and gradually pull strings in a passive aggressive manner in order to render the community much more controlled and rigid, and render "unproper opinions" verboten, which is acquiesed to by said manginas preoccupied both by virtue signaling and by getting the approval of said females. For instance, see Something Awful, which went to something that was more like 4chan, to a bunch of bitter feminist lesbians whining about cisgendered men all day.

Beware the queen bee.

lol you act like that didn't happen here already.

Unwanted

Charles Eli Cheese

Neckbeard Shitlord
Edgy Shitposter
Also corwin even defended me on rpg watch. Faggot fuck hiddenx could not point to a single real thing I did that was bad, he just didn't like my tone basically. So I never cuss, never insult and just give my honest opinion on games and that faggot has a tissy. Some people really should kill themselves for being too involved in what other people do. Guess what cucks? It's none of your fucking business what people think or why, if you don't like it eat a dick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom