Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

South Park: The Fractured But Whole - South Park RPG sequel from Ubisoft

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You have to login to 2 clients just to play a god damn singleplayer game. Lmao.

What does UPlay even give you? Fucking nothing.
It takes some serious arrogance to think players want to load your piece of shit software for "Uplay Points".. Like fuck off.

I honestly encourage people to pirate anything from Ubisoft. They are so cancer.. Worse than EA.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So, is it infested with SJW cancer like rumors say?

Not really - has a ton of meta-jokes about that exact topic.

You can get a Social Justice Badge, that lets you punch people for committing micro-aggressions. Which are 100% played up to be as silly as possible.
Example: Someone says that "you're a sissy 4th grader" during combat, you can punch them instantly for a Micro-Aggression (which flashes across the screen)

Then PC Principal congratulates you for catching that they used a derogatory term alienating a lower class of peoples. (Pun Intended I think).

The further you progress the more asinine and silly the Micro Aggressions get. It's intended to show how you can misconstrue anything as an inflammatory remark against someone. To the point where PC Principal is punching mexicans for saying they are sleepy.. because that's a stereotype.

--

Also your Gender and Skin Color do affect the game. Selecting a non-binary gender (Other) impacts conversations / reactions of characters and it's not all a circle jerk either (surprisingly). There is social commentary about how it's a little awkward dealing with someone who just picks a non-gender, and the NPC who you select your gender with, makes a tongue in cheek reference about how you can come back anytime to pick a new gender if you want.

Matt Stone and Trey Parker are unabashedly liberal and you can see some undertones of that in assumptions they make about the normalcy of certain ideologues the left pushes but they generally do give a fair shake, insulting snow flakery / affirmative action and PC grammar policing.

Last edited:

Sratopotator

Savant
I just fuckin love how Ubisoft played this one out.

day 1 DLC
announcing season pass a week before shipping
several quests behind a paywall, half-implemented in the retail version
mandatory uplay, even for steam
heavy, expensive, user unfriendly DRM (cracked in 24h)
buggy at launch (even obsidian did better)

jesus christ on a tricycle, who buys this shit.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I'll get the complete version in 2 years on a sale thankyouverymuch.
ikr. a season pass for a game like twicher 3 is one thing. but am I really waiting with baited breath for fart dlc?

Sratopotator

Savant
The way ubisoft is treating PAYING customers is horrid. I'm triggered. (Again)
They will probably get away with it, sales on pc being just a fraction of overall sales, but fuck, pirating this shit publicly is an obligation. One of these cases when pirating IS THE moral high ground, as opposed to accepting whatever shitty conditions a service-provider gave its customers.
Hope it will flop on pc, and they will look into the estimates - of how many illegal copies were downloaded.

Fuckin 'preying on the weak-minded' 'whale-hunting' 'treating people like shit' publishing motherfuckers.

v1rus

Arcane
Lol, it seems they did a bait-and-switch so now the genderspecials are pisssd.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...2017/10/9/16435592/south-park-race-difficulty

I guess Matt and Trey knew that video game journalism was full of this kind of garbage so they threw them a bone just to fuck with them.

Well, people seem infuriated by my honest question - from little I've seen there were more than couple stuff pointing to it. I mean, this chick is the lead narrative designer - https://twitter.com/joliemenzel?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

She may not be spewing SJW stuff 24/7, but she does retweet stuff like "Actually Weinstein is the name of the doctor, the patriarchy is the monster". (Wtf is doctor in this context?) and "Female engineers achieve way more than male ones, for just being on the same level as them".

That, combined with that difficulty slider shit (back before the release) made the situation uncertain, at least for me.

Lurker47

Savant
Lol, it seems they did a bait-and-switch so now the genderspecials are pisssd.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.po...2017/10/9/16435592/south-park-race-difficulty

I guess Matt and Trey knew that video game journalism was full of this kind of garbage so they threw them a bone just to fuck with them.

Well, people seem infuriated by my honest question - from little I've seen there were more than couple stuff pointing to it. I mean, this chick is the lead narrative designer - https://twitter.com/joliemenzel?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

She may not be spewing SJW stuff 24/7, but she does retweet stuff like "Actually Weinstein is the name of the doctor, the patriarchy is the monster". (Wtf is doctor in this context?) and "Female engineers achieve way more than male ones, for just being on the same level as them".

That, combined with that difficulty slider shit (back before the release) made the situation uncertain, at least for me.
They flat-out lied about it affecting the game so it's blatantly clear that it's a jab at them now. "It affects the money you get from quests" "oh my god so proud so brave! brilliant narrative design!" "It's just a joke" "REEEEEEEE"

PEACH

Arbiter
(Wtf is doctor in this context?)
doctor? doctor who?

Thats actually what came to my mind first too :D

Maybe a Frankenstein reference to how people call the monster Frankenstein when it's in fact the doctor's name.

Would be a really poor comparison though if that's what she has in mind. Not least because the monster isn't the villain and the doctor created the monster not vice versa. Probably going for the easy joke (monster of patriarchy created Weinstein) but it's clunky and misses the mark completely

Last edited:

orcinator

Liturgist
Watched a steam for 30 minutes, thought the intro was good so I pirated it. Now I actually played it for 30 minutes past the part I watched and I want to just watch the rest instead of dealing with the boring gameplay.

Last edited:

Lurker47

Savant
(Wtf is doctor in this context?)
doctor? doctor who?

Thats actually what came to my mind first too :D

Maybe a Frankenstein reference to how people call the monster Frankenstein when it's in fact the doctor's name.

Would be a really poor comparison though if that's what she has in mind. Not least because the monster isn't the villain and the doctor created the monster not vice versa. Probably going for the easy joke (monster of patriarchy created Weinstein) but it's clunky and misses the mark completely
Women aren't funny. More breaking news at 11.

Saduj

Arcane
Matt Stone and Trey Parker are unabashedly liberal

Not really. I mean, they don't adhere to the assigned slate of "conservative" positions so to people who walk around with a checklist of stuff you have to believe in order to not be "liberal", yeah they are liberal. But they've recently dedicated an entire season to making fun of SJWs and over the years there were many other episodes making fun of self absorbed, hypocritical liberals. They are middle of the road if not a little right leaning. But yeah they make fun of religion and people who reflexively pick on gays.

Phisto

Literate
I want to just watch the rest instead of dealing with the boring gameplay.

That was exactly my thought on the first one as well. It's funny and I enjoyed trying to find every hidden message but it's still a grindy repetitive game. It doesn't really feel worth the 20gb's it's taking up.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Not a bad game considering it is made by a jew and a cuck who has a negro wife's son they are literal bugmen.

It isn't worth money though because of it being made by Ubisoft and they put in their uplay bullshit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom