Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Space Hulk: Deathwing - may the Emperor's legs be OK

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
How did I never hear of this amiga space hulk? Cute graphics.

c9CMOYX.png

OwyIrl6.png
It's Space Crusade, not Space Hulk.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Spehs 'Ulk.

2015 is a long time away, means there's actually a chance they'll have time to make it a decent game.

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Spehs 'Ulk.

2015 is a long time away, means there's actually a chance they'll have time to make it a decent game.

As long as it stays away from consoles. But there is always a journalist asking if he'll be able to play it on his dumb platform. Like in the video above.

Misconnected

Savant
Hybrids! Hell yeah! Do I dare hope that means GW will revive the Cult on the tabletop?

That aside... I'm not terribly excited about this. To me, playing a termie should be like piloting some sort of vaguely humanoid monster tank with tech-enhanced senses of all kinds, cogitator-assisted everything, and the firepower to level a city. Basically: completely unlike a FPS, whether we're talking extinct PC shooter or controller-crippled current day crap. Though if those are the choices, I'll take a termie moving at 60Mph & dodging bullets over the console shit.

EDIT: And I'd love if they had a player damage model akin to rally games. Like, damage doesn't eat some abstract health bar, but instead wrecks various player tools, like movement, targeting, visuals, etc.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
EDIT: And I'd love if they had a player damage model akin to rally games. Like, damage doesn't eat some abstract health bar, but instead wrecks various player tools, like movement, targeting, visuals, etc.

Locational damage? FUCK YES

Edit: Thanks for posting OP, sounds like this game will be a lot of fun - a testosterone-filled version of L4D.

Misconnected

Savant
Interest increased by 500%

EDIT: Though healthkits? Even power armour has that shit integrated. I wouldn't object to damaged bits slowly fixing themselves up to a point, but healthkits is just silly. I mean, how is a termie even supposed to use the things? It's not like they can just pop out of the armour real quick & put on a band aid lol

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Maybe the medkits will be black blood infusions, ie nanobots.

Misconnected

Savant
Heh, imagine if apothecaries worked in the game the way they do on the tabletop - the last thing you see as he comes to carve out your brains when you're too damaged to fight on.

Tech marines, or better still, semi-functional repair stations in hulky-hulk armouries could work for health kits. Especially if repairs take a while and leave you vulnerable while they happen. Termies are self-repairing up to a point, but it's not like a suit can magically regrow torn off ceramite plating and weapons. And while they're equipped to heal their pilots, the the whole point of the armour is that if the actual pilot's getting hurt then it's much, much too late.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Rather weird ornament in the back, robed figure killing a serpent, no idea wot it could be. Nid models look alright I guess.

I really do want this to be good.

Cazzeris

Just look at those robots with guns which looks like toys.

The teasers are too similar. I mean, they are different games, right?

Peter

Arcane
It's really nice to see the EYE dudes get their hands on a sort of big IP and work with a sort of big publisher. They've proved themselves to be really talented, and with more guidance and financial support could deliver something really nice :love:

Don't give a fuck about GW tho. Alien Assault, that Space Hulk rip-off, was p. cool, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom