Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

Sloul

Savant
Rtwp strategy games... you mean games like
Total annihilation?
Supreme commander?
Homeworld?
Company of Heroes?
Sudden strike?
Total war?
Ground Control?
Rise of nations?
Sins of solar empire?

Yeah sure, all shit. The pause also makes no sense whatsoever (making the real-time part completely obsolete).
Also be careful, playing those games can kill some parts in your brains, it diminish your ability to understand why the pause is there.

Eriador

Arbiter
Looking forward to this, I just hope it will be better then those Spellforce 2 "expansions" (Dragon Storm was fine, the rest was... not).

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This game had the most invisible marketing campaign i ever seen.
What is the last marketing campaign you remember actually seeing? Honest question.
I don't really remember seeing any big one recently - mostly because I stopped following the big outlets entirely.

If it is not mentioned here or some other forums I am at, and not suggested by Steam or GOG, then I pretty much don't know it exists.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
What is the last marketing campaign you remember actually seeing? Honest question.
I don't really remember seeing any big one recently - mostly because I stopped following the big outlets entirely.

If it is not mentioned here or some other forums I am at, and not suggested by Steam or GOG, then I pretty much don't know it exists.
The last big one i remember was for destiny 1 ....that was a long time ago.

Mazisky

Magister

I mean, this game was invisible during its development, i had hard time finding some news about the game in the last year.

Either devs blog, previews, coverages and so.
This does not happens even with minor productions, expecially considering this is the 3rd of a known franchise

deama

Prophet
Well, hopefully they'll introduce some interesting mechanics compared to the last spellforce games...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I went in as cynical as ever, but damn, it's really fun. I played the single player mission. It took over 2 hours. I took it easy though, slowly built up and expanded. The heroes were fun to use, monsters dropped logical loot and it seem the classes have a lot of talents to chose from. I miss being able to pause like you do in other RPGs since it can get pretty stressful in real-time when you want all those special skills going off.

The RTS part is also great. It's the standard. Build a base, build army and expand, but with a really fun twist. You can only have so many workers in one sector that you are required to distribute to your workshops. So if you don't take over sectors you can't afford to expand your industry. Maybe it doesn't say so much per say since you do that in other games too. The difference here is that the stuff your peasants gather in other regions is not added automatically to your pool of resources. So actual caravans are formed in these sectors automatically and these caravans travels to the workshop where the specific material are needed, for an example a barrack need iron and food - so the sector that produce food and iron will send caravans to the barracks. This mean that you can really fuck up the AI, or another player by just harassing these caravans. It's really cool. You can't really wall in with this system since you will never have enough peasants to go around. Manning watchtowers takes peasants, peasants that would be much better served in the fields somewhere.

You can of course upgrade so you get more peasants, but that takes materials that exists in other sectors. So either way you have to go out there and conquer :) I liked this system.

The AI was okay. A bit passive at times, but when the main war started the AI actually collected a fairly large group and counterattacked. He did that 3-4 times until I could subdue him. Standard RTS stuff I guess, but the combat and strategy overall felt fun and old school. Forgot how much I have missed a good old RTS stomp like this. The added heroes and the stuff around that felt like a bonus. Ah, and yeah, the story felt nice, and the voice acting was good. One guy you control has the same voice actor as Geralt.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does it have side missions and such? How is the writing and the story? Is there still a rpg element?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Story seem nice, well done voice acting. I don't know much about it though, since I think this is a mission in the middle of the campaign. I didn't go into it that much, didn't want to be spoiled. And yes, I found some side-missions. It wasn't marked on the map either, so you actually have to search, which is nice. I finished the main quest of the mission without doing the side missions so that is a plus I guess- optional stuff you can skip if you want. RPG-wise I had to make a decision in the game which one of my companions didn't like, so he left me. Not sure if he stays if I pick the other thing, but hopefully.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
By rpg i mean like in the second game where a good chunk was a party based rpg. But being a single random mission, i take it that you don't know. Still remember exploring the capital in the second game and making my own country/city.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
You start out without an army on the mission. You have small party.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
This is probably a trick or something. I refuse to believe that an entry in the spellforce franchise could be anything other than boring trash.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Graphics are good, voice acting is good, music is good. Obviously these are irrelevant for a game to be good, but it does show that the game has a level of polish and quality to it, which is a good sign. Gameplay is exactly like SpellForce but not slow paced like I complained about. Basically, it's really good.
One of the best features about the game is that unlike many other RTS-RPG hybrids, you don't have to switch between heroes to use their abilities. They have all their skills mapped to certain keys as per usual, but you don't need to highlight the unit to use them. This creates less micro headache and more seamless action, which is kinda important because a lot of the skills combo off of each other (many skills get additional effects and/or damage if enemies have certain ailments, for example). The setting feels more like Sword & Sorcery than generic high fantasy and I like how the maps aren't static. I was going through my skill tree while standing in the middle of the road when a giant dragon just walked up to my party and attacked me. There are some nice elements to combat like skills have casting times now and if it's an AoE spell it'll highlight the area with a red zone where the spell is being cast so that you should move your doods away ASAP or interrupt the caster. It feels like the combat has some nice potential for depth to it.

Gonna d1p this for sure. Not sure what I was going to expect from this game since I have no idea who the devs are, but they've done a really good job with what I've seen so far and that makes me excited for the release.

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Politic intrigue looks kinda shitty. Story looks relatively bland, and we didn't see that RTS aspect because the reviewer used only 4 starting units.

If publisher uses multiple Denuvo, well we would remember how smoothly beta version ran. And then we would have for some reason a recitation of a Crow.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Politic intrigue looks kinda shitty. Story looks relatively bland, and we didn't see that RTS aspect because the reviewer used only 4 starting units.

If publisher uses multiple Denuvo, well we would remember how smoothly beta version ran. And then we would have for some reason a recitation of a Crow.
Ohhh great mind,it is on gog. Most certainly they use denuvo....
:troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom