Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Dungeon Siege III worked that way, did it not?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The game has now officially entered beta! :lol:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/311290/announcements/detail/1647623773704014085

Hello,

Today I would like to take some time and inform about our process for upcoming updates.
Going forward we will put these first in a public beta branch. In this phase it is important to us that you report all issues via our public bug tracker at: https://redmine.thqnordic.com/projects/spellforce-3-beta-public/issues/new

To enter the public branch please follow this guide:
http://ds.nordicgames.at/SteamBetaBranchGuide.jpg
Under Step 1 select SpellForce 3
Under Step 4 no password is required
Under Step 6 please select the branch named "publictest"

After a few days (depending on the severity of the changes) we will put the update out into the default branch that everybody gets.

Only critical bugfixes are the exception to this process.

We generally still have some big thing that we want to release over the course of the next weeks and months. Stay tuned & Thanks for supporting us!

Oh, boy... I wanted to have bought the game already, but I think I'll hold off on it for... maybe a few more months.

What a sad thing to see. They should have done all of that before release.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

http://steamcommunity.com/games/311290/announcements/detail/1654380436153920043

SpellForce 3 Editor & Mod Tools available

Dear SpellForce players,

Today we'd like to share with you the level editor and initial set of mod tools. These tools have been directly used to create the game so there is a lot to be achieved with those. It also comes with a documentation and example maps.

Please check the editor folder in the install folder for the documentation and samples.

In addition to that you can find the scripting wiki here: http://sf3scripting.spellforce.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

We have plans to release more modding possibilities in the future as well as Steam workshop support.

Here you can find a video about the possibilities with the level editor:

We look forward to your creations!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know what this will amount to, but it's always cool to see developers do this.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally started playing this game, did two missions
stopped after you get into prison and are recruited by the Purity of Light
, and I don't understand why was this game in this years RPG GotY list. If this is an RPG so it Warcraft 3.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
, and I don't understand why was this game in this years RPG GotY list. If this is an RPG so it Warcraft 3.

Agreed. Everybody's grading on a curve these days.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014

Well, it has stat development for your hero and companions as well as leveling up. It has spells you can customize to your liking. It has engaging story with mild C&C and pretty well developed protagonist. It has party discussions and moral dillema. It even has some very mild romancing. RTS part is just slapped on as an icing on cake.
Last but certainly not least, it allows you to sit at your Computer and take the Role of the Playable character while Gaming!

Surely you don't want to discuss what real cRPG is, or?

It is bretty gud for what it is. I'd recommend to continue playing - one of the better surprises of 2017

ArchAngel

Arcane

Well, it has stat development for your hero and companions as well as leveling up. It has spells you can customize to your liking. It has engaging story with mild C&C and pretty well developed protagonist. It has party discussions and moral dillema. It even has some very mild romancing. RTS part is just slapped on as an icing on cake.
Last but certainly not least, it allows you to sit at your Computer and take the Role of the Playable character while Gaming!

Surely you don't want to discuss what real cRPG is, or?

It is bretty gud for what it is. I'd recommend to continue playing - one of the better surprises of 2017
Warcraft 3 had all that, except for picking your 4 abilities from a list bigger than that (and mild romancing but I ignore that shit anyways). So let me repeat, is Warcraft 3 also a RPG?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've already talked about this. The blend of design decisions of Spellforce is what makes the game different than Warcraft 3 or other RTSes with heroes at the helm (of which there are many). While Warcraft leans more towards RTS, Spellforce leans more towards RPG, but none of them are pure RPGs. We've already stretched the definition of RPG in the GotY polls, so if Witcher 3 can be on them, so can Spellforce 3, it's even a more correct RPG.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Story and writing in this game is better than 95% of cRPGs released in the last decade (that may even be an understatement).

Though it drags a bit too much in places here and there, I must admit.

Game has some issues (e.g., recycling of maps, world map too empty, limited number of active spells, only three races so far) but it is much better than I expected it to be. I really hope they will announce some expansions soon.

Deathsquid

Learned
How's camera and UI now? I was trying out the early access and the game was pretty great except for those two.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
None of this makes it a true RPG. It is still first and mainly a RTS.

What exactly are you arguing with? The game's thread is in the Strategy Gaming forum. We've never posted any news about it on the front page of the site except for Bubbles' visits to Gamescom. Nobody is saying it's a true RPG, felipepepe will openly admit that he put all sorts of genre hybrids in his poll (and also in his book).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Spellforce has always had a more elaborate RPG system than an RTS one. It has always been a very clunky and basic RTS, with pretty dumb AI, favoring death-ball tactics and huge open maps that take forever to traverse with a lot of units, questionably high number of buildings that would've worked better had they been upgrades of other buildings and many other such issues. The RPG part, however, is surprisingly varied, with a classless system that favors experimentation and new spells being found by exploration, a high number of different enemies to fight and other such things missing from recent RPGs. Spellforce 1 needs polishing, though, and I'm kind of disappointed they didn't do an Anniversary Edition for it as well.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom