Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

SpellForce 3

Discussion in 'Strategy and Simulation' started by Tomipapa, Aug 22, 2014.

1. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    Did you put some people in this topic on your ignore list that you need to ask this?

• :M :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Most likely me ;),after all he is a jew and they never stood up for anything,all of them are worshippers of Skaen.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Chad J. Thundercock Liturgist Patron Possibly Retarded

Chad J. Thundercock
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    I'm still true to my "Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game" mentality but I'll definitely pick it up on a Steam sale. It's probably better to wait anyway since they are still patching it.

^ Top  
  4. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    It is one of the best games from the last year,it is worth the 20 bucks. Had a lot more fun with it than with D:OS2

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Chad J. Thundercock Liturgist Patron Possibly Retarded

Chad J. Thundercock
    Parrots:
    Grab the Codex by the pussy
    Being more fun than D:OS2 isn't much of an accomplishment but the game definitely looks very interesting. I like that THQ Nordic are somewhat single handedly bringing back AA productions like this and Elex, allows smaller developers to put their idea in a game without things like Kickstarter.

• incline incline x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Chrio Novice

Chrio
    Parrots:
    Played through it the last few weeks and quite liked it. The only problem I had was the gay dwarf (really?) and the German "schuldkult" which poured out of every zest (reeee genocide sorcerers just because they are different).

Also as soon as the worldmap opened I thought this game must be HUGE, was quite disappointed that there were only "a few maps" which you have to visit a few times, but perhaps there will be an or more addons to fix this.

But damn those beautifully crafted maps.

^ Top  
  7. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    From what people report, it's obvious it's a bit unfinished and rushed. Launching with only 3 races is eyebrow raising as well, since the RTS part isn't so in-depth to sustain that (unlike, say, Starcraft), Spellforce 1 launched with 6 (!) races. I do hope they make enough money for expansions, though, and to be more daring in terms of creativity and design.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. exe Savant

exe
    Parrots:
    How do you kill the monsters in Mulhandir afterwards when you are alone? Can't take on a 2000 HP Golem on my own.

^ Top  
  10. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    level up more, get better items and don't be afraid to use your consumables. Also it depends on your main character, I got a two handed warrior that leeches life when he hits.
    If you are a ranged char or mage kite a lot.

^ Top  
  11. exe Savant

exe
    Parrots:
    Is there a way for mages to be able to use more than 3 abilities?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    One of the most often brought up criticisms of the game.
    No idea who came up with the nonsensical notion that you can only have three abilities at once.
    Quite baffling, really.

In other news, there has been quite the update:
    More items and fixes are always good, of course.
    But the balancing changes seem a bit odd, given that there should be more urgent things to focus on - like the 3 abilities restriction.

^ Top  
  13. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Yea the 3 abilities limit is irritating but I don't see them changing it since their default control scheme is about using keys on keyboard 3 for each of 4 heroes in party and there are not more than 3 keys on keyboard for that.
    Best they could do is like in Diablo 2 expansion create synergies where leveling other skills gives general bonuses for different skills.

^ Top  
  14. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    I think they thought you'd use all your heroes as a sort of meta-hero, combining their skillsets as if that. It mostly creates a MOBA-like feel, though.

^ Top  
  15. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    Now that you mention that, my A team was dwarf (Isgrim?!), elf healer (Yiria?!) and the Guild Mage guy (Untranth?!) and my character. And then when you reach middle point of the game, game removed all of those (that I also gave best items and even bought those expensive permanent potions for) and gave me 3 other random party members LOL for that one mission.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    How does it remove them ? Only one that left for me was the gay dwarf because he was retarded and wanted to become Zuckerberg and control the world. I even became lover with the elf girl.

^ Top  
  17. ArchAngel Magister

ArchAngel
    Parrots:
    You might be talking about something that I have not yet get to. I am talking about
    Show Spoiler
    when Mulandir gets attacked and you have to defend 4 points

^ Top  
  18. exe Savant

exe
    Parrots:
    What do the two special potions you get from your commanders at the greyfell attack do? I noticed nothing when drinking them?

^ Top  
  19. exe Savant

exe
    Parrots:
    It just gives you more focus and health, it just doesn't update right away.
    How does the extra damage work tho? Lets say you do light and fire damage, does it split 50/50 or does it pick the best damage considering the enemies res?

^ Top  
  20. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Even as drunk as i am (3 litters of vodka/rakia ) i would recommenth this shiet

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    Even 750 ml of vodka, if drunk fast enough, can get you into the toxicology department at Pirogov and may possibly kill you, regardless of your tolerance. You'll be dead long before you've drunk 3 litters.

^ Top  
  22. Kyl Von Kull Arcane

Kyl Von Kull
    Parrots:
    I shoot for the stars but sometimes hit London
    He’s clearly been at it all day, so divide that by sixteen odd hours? Since whenever his posts started to get wobbly. He’s still posting now, presumably not dead. Maybe an imperfect grasp of the metric system? I know that’s really unusual in Europe, but he loves Spellforce 3 and that game was such a huge goddamn letdown.

Less than the sum of its parts.

Edit: I take it back, he’s been dark for a few hours—probably asleep? I doubt he’d really drink three liters. Alcohol overdose is so passé.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Lacrymas Arcane

Lacrymas
    Parrots:
    A lot of people post drunk on the Codex. I like the fact they think about it while drunk, if that's not true love, I don't know what is.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. thesheeep Arcane

thesheeep
    Parrots:
    Thinking about the Codex when drunk = love
    Thinking about the Codex when sober = ???

^ Top  
  25. ERYFKRAD Arcane Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Parrots:
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Brofist harvesting.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)