Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SpellForce 3 Reforced + Soul Harvest & Fallen God standalone expansions

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Even 750 ml of vodka, if drunk fast enough, can get you into the toxicology department at Pirogov and may possibly kill you, regardless of your tolerance. You'll be dead long before you've drunk 3 litters.

He’s clearly been at it all day, so divide that by sixteen odd hours? Since whenever his posts started to get wobbly. He’s still posting now, presumably not dead. Maybe an imperfect grasp of the metric system? I know that’s really unusual in Europe, but he loves Spellforce 3 and that game was such a huge goddamn letdown.

Less than the sum of its parts.

Edit: I take it back, he’s been dark for a few hours—probably asleep? I doubt he’d really drink three liters. Alcohol overdose is so passé.
Nah found a mate to drink in seven in the morning. And i am still alive. Also Lacrymas is a capital boy apparently,he lacks the experience of being young in the province. I have more than 20 years of drinking like a pig. Drinking a bottle is not much of a feat,most people that i have met in my life can drink a bottle in a few hours. Anyway still a good game.

Now that i think about it.....maybe he is she?! It will explain his obsession with Skaen.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So typical and cliche. 20 years of hard drinking will lead to reverse tolerance and you'll be dead even faster. It's generally accepted that around 0.25 to 0.4% of alcohol in your blood will poison you, regardless of anything and that's waaaay less than 3 liters of hard liquor.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So typical and cliche. 20 years of hard drinking will lead to reverse tolerance and you'll be dead even faster. It's generally accepted that around 0.25 to 0.4% of alcohol in your blood will poison you, regardless of anything and that's waaaay less than 3 liters of hard liquor.
Sorry, but many things are "generally accepted", and yet simply not true.
There are people that can drink absurd amounts and neither getting poisoned nor killed by that.

Of course, they still wreck their body in the long term, but that can be surprisingly long for some.

Man, we really need some more patches to talk about more interesting stuff than some poor Bulgarian's liver :lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
I mean it's scientifically accepted, not some urban myth that can easily be disproven.

Anyway, Steamspy shows 85k copies of Spellforce 3 sold. Add at most 15k from GOG to 100k. At 50 euro that's 5 million euro, but that's a generous estimation. Do we know the budget of this game?

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember to subtract 30% of that amount for Steam (and likely similar in other services). Then there's taxes, etc.
I doubt the game was financially viable, but who knows.
Might yet become a financial success once the price drops - so more people buy it and will leave a positive review as by then the game will be in a much better state than on release.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Those are obviously fringe cases, they wouldn't "make the news" if they weren't, but what is the chance a Slav won't exaggerate what they drink, especially on the internet? Pretty low. Occam's Razor and all that.

Remember to subtract 30% of that amount for Steam (and likely similar in other services). Then there's taxes, etc.
I doubt the game was financially viable, but who knows.
Might yet become a financial success once the price drops - so more people buy it and will leave a positive review as by then the game will be in a much better state than on release.

Yeah, I'm waiting for it to drop in price, too. I was hoping for some more daring expansions and added races, but I guess it's not a very realistic possibility.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sorry, but many things are "generally accepted", and yet simply not true.
There are people that can drink absurd amounts and neither getting poisoned nor killed by that.

Of course, they still wreck their body in the long term, but that can be surprisingly long for some.

Man, we really need some more patches to talk about more interesting stuff than some poor Bulgarian's liver :lol:
My liver is pretty fine mate,i check it out a week or two ago and it was good as a newborn's. I don't drink such quantities every day,pretty rarely to be honest,once every few month or so. Most of the times i go for half a litter or a bottle of red wine when i am out in a restaurant with friends. Still Lacrymas is talking bullshit,it is clear that the guy is not getting out much.Have you been to BIAT Lacrymas or any other night club? Most people there drink at least a bottle per night. Another thing is that i am 110 kilograms,fat people can drink more. I must admit that i exaggerated(no idea why,drunk people do strange things) with the tree litres clearly,it was three bottles which translates in around 2100 litres.

As for the game,well clearly it wasn't successful. Those are very low numbers....unless they made a killing in physical sales in germany. If it was some easterneuropean country a 5 mil euro can keep a studio afloat,but germany is expensive as california. It is really sad,it is a good game.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Most people there drink at least a bottle per night.

That's absolutely not true. Unless you mean a bottle of alcopop or beer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3885235/

Statistics show that only 40ish % of club goers leave impaired (0.05% to 0.08% alcohol in blood) or intoxicated (more than 0.08%), so there goes the "most people drink at least a bottle per night at a club" hypothesis. It doesn't say how many specifically leave intoxicated, but it's obviously less than 40%. I have also called a lot of my friends to ask them how much they drink at clubs (I don't like using anecdotal evidence, but I don't drink 1 bottle either) and none of them report 1 bottle a night and haven't noticed anybody who does. I'm not saying nobody ever does it, I am saying that it isn't a common occurrence and it definitely isn't "most people".

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron

Statistics show that only 40ish % of club goers leave impaired (0.05% to 0.08% alcohol in blood) or intoxicated (more than 0.08%), so there goes the "most people drink at least a bottle per night at a club" hypothesis. It doesn't say how many specifically leave intoxicated, but it's obviously less than 40%. I have also called a lot of my friends to ask them how much they drink at clubs (I don't like using anecdotal evidence, but I don't drink 1 bottle either) and none of them report 1 bottle a night and haven't noticed anybody who does. I'm not saying nobody ever does it, I am saying that it isn't a common occurrence and it definitely isn't "most people".
Uhm... you are aware that this "statistic" (I'd never trust in any statistic, they are all made with agendas behind them, but anyway...) was made in the San Francisco area, specifically EMDE events. DANCE events, of course people don't go there to drink. The whole methodology is absurd if you really want to catch drinkers.
All those PhDs either didn't know better or tried on purpose to lower their numbers - as I said, there's always an agenda.

While our friend here was likely talking about eastern Europe's bars/clubs.
Anything from Germany eastwards (and north?) is heavy drinker territory. Go to the club miles in Berlin after 23:00... good luck finding only 40% of "impaired" people. Even though less and less people drink much (at least in Germany and Finland, where I can say that from experience), there are still a lot.

Lacrymas

Arcane
That is the only statistic I found, so feel free to post another one if you find it. What he is talking about are dance clubs in Sofia, so that's not a factor in this specific instance. And if you are constantly searching for agendas and never trusting any kind of research then we really can't talk about anything like that, can we? I think you underestimate how much 1 bottle (750 ml) of hard liquor (40%) actually is. For an average person, that equates to 0.35ish % of alcohol in the blood, dangerously close to a coma.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

:nocountryforshitposters: Mate stop quoting me some bullshit statistics from the internet and start going out,drinking. The moment i saw that it is in English i ignored it,don't care bout other countries. People drink differently in most countries,you haven't drunk with a potato i take it. Those guys just drink a bottle of vodka in half an hour on ex and fall unconscious. Only people that leave the Bulgarian clubs not intoxicated are the dead ones.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Quoting statistics is the only non-bullshit way of arguing anything. Anecdotes and blatant exaggerations don't count as evidence. Unless you don't want to be taken seriously, obviously. Trust me, Slavs exaggerate what they drink constantly or are not aware of the overall amount and think it's a lot more than it is. 1 bottle of hard liquor is an extreme amount for a single night out at the club and very rarely would you find a person who can drink that and won't poison himself. I also enjoy calling out 'manly men' on their bullshit a lot.

I tried finding statistics in Bulgarian, but I couldn't, so that's why I called my friends and gave my observations on the matter. Some sociologists are obviously not doing their job over here.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Quoting statistics is the only non-bullshit way of arguing anything. Anecdotes and blatant exaggerations don't count as evidence. Unless you don't want to be taken seriously, obviously. Trust me, Slavs exaggerate what they drink constantly or are not aware of the overall amount and think it's a lot more than it is. 1 bottle of hard liquor is an extreme amount for a single night out at the club and very rarely would you find a person who can drink that and won't poison himself. I also enjoy calling out 'manly men' on their bullshit a lot.
:negative: I can't argue with you mate,you just ignore everything and go on about your delusions. Nobody is drinking a bottle every night for the fuck of it. It is rare thing,when people are having a lot of fun and in general good mood and have eaten well before drinking. I don't know person that can't down a bottle,even my cuntty 16 year old nephew drinks a bottle from time to time when he gets out with mates. And what the fuck do you mean by poisoned? You don't need to even go to the hospital,your body will clean up by vomiting and frequent pissing. When you go out drinking you have to drink a lot of other liquids like cola and water,so you would be able to piss a lot and throw away a lot of shit. Also sweating from dancing could help you drink a lot more.

It is clear that you don't have much experience drinking and going to club. If you had,you wouldn't have make a fool of yourself talking such nonsense. When people go out to drink they drink.
:martini:
You do make me want to pour my self one.

Lacrymas

Arcane
More anecdotes and exaggerations. You can't "piss out" alcohol, only liver dehydrogenase enzymes metabolize alcohol and can get rid of it. I don't "ignore" anything, I'm challenging it head on, you ignore the statistics and the scientific findings regarding alcohol. If you can't find anything more substantial than "lol, I drink 3 bottles of vodka a night" then we really can't go on with this conversation.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
And if you are constantly searching for agendas and never trusting any kind of research then we really can't talk about anything like that, can we?
You can read into statistics whatever you want, they are relatively worthless. Especially one as particular as the one you brought up.
And you can also play the "my statistic is bigger than yours!" game all day, every day. It leads nowhere.
You can always try and find a statistic to prove what you belief, and if it doesn't exist, you can pay for it.

I do the only sensible thing and trust myself, my experience and common sense.

The last person in the world I'd trust with anything is a labcoat trying to tell me about something without any personal experience whatsoever.
Might as well start believing politicians :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those conspiracy theorists thinking scientists are evil or something.
If a PhD in physics tells me something about gravity and entropy, I'm inclined to believe.
But some random labcoat telling me about how people drink and what they can take? Pfff.. fuck off.
And I'm not even a heavy drinker (shit is so expensive in this country, I've basically become abstinent), so I can only imagine what an actual drinker would have to think when you're trying to throw numbers at him, trying to tell him the opposite of what he knows from experience ;)

Lacrymas

Arcane
Even if no statistic on the matter can ever be true (which is false), do you think drinking a lot of alcohol is some kind of achievement and you feel the need to argue hard against or just ignore the scientific method? If you are only arguing that you are being represented falsely and there is no other ulterior motive, then the answer is to create your own research paper on the matter.

Parabalus

Arcane

:nocountryforshitposters: Mate stop quoting me some bullshit statistics from the internet and start going out,drinking. The moment i saw that it is in English i ignored it,don't care bout other countries. People drink differently in most countries,you haven't drunk with a potato i take it. Those guys just drink a bottle of vodka in half an hour on ex and fall unconscious. Only people that leave the Bulgarian clubs not intoxicated are the dead ones.

Over how many hours did you drink those 3 bottles of vodka? 16ish, like Kyl guesses?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Over how many hours did you drink those 3 bottles of vodka? 16ish, like Kyl guesses?
Pretty much. Could be a few hours less,don't remember exactly.it was morning when i did go to sleep. It was shitty the next day,had to go up in the midday...around 12-13,to do some work. Always drink liquids to be well hydrated,it helps a lot in the morning. Most head pains in the morning are because of dehydration.

Even if no statistic on the matter can ever be true (which is false), do you think drinking a lot of alcohol is some kind of achievement and you feel the need to argue hard against or just ignore the scientific method? If you are only arguing that you are being represented falsely and there is no other ulterior motive, then the answer is to create your own research paper on the matter.
Strawman much? Nobody here did say something about achievement mate,you make it sound as a true feat by saying that it is impossible. Drinking is part of life,some times it is bad and some time is good. Most people drink to let out their inner problems and become free of reality for a short time,also it dulls pain.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
drinking-vodka.gif

fantadomat Preparing for a night out :cool:

Interesting turn for the thread though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Interesting turn for the thread though.

More interesting than Spellforce 3 news and discussions lately, lol.

I have a feeling that we won't be seeing much more Spellforce unfortunately :(
With such low sales I highly doubt an expansion will be worth it financially.
That is sadly true. We already took the game apart and put it back together. Nothing much to discuss about the game,at most to say how good it is to someone asking,if it is worth buying.

You just gonna take that lying down, fantadomat mate? He's challenging you head on.

He's challenging you head on.
Nah mate,i don't do challenges,don't have a low self-esteem. Prefer a nice night out with a lot of drinking and nice company.

PS: I am not taking jabs at Alienman with the self-esteem comment ;). Just saying that i would ratter have a nice night out with him than making in to a competition. And i wouldn't mind shearing a drink with you too.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I checked Steam and they are on patch 1.34. They have released around 25-30 patches since release :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom