Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spellweaver TCG

da_rays

Augur
For those who like digital card game , havent seen athread about it yet so , here it is.

https://spellweaver-tcg.com main site

http://store.steampowered.com/app/429680/ Steam link

It's basically Mtg online but of course , just 1 main card set . First expansion is due this summer or around it.

6 differents factions offering some diverse gameplay , and you can mix various factions together to get new strategy and new ways to screw your opponement over.

It's also a F2P , but you can buy your currency ( which are gold for packs and crystal for packs , cards back , boxes , premium packs and such ) but it also very generous via quests you can do daily. It also has a crafting system similiar to HS , in which you can unbind cards to craft other.

Having quite some fun with this . Anyone looking to play a solid MtG look a like , online and basically free , well here it is.

I do have encountered a few bugs here and there while playing AI , but thats about it .

da_rays

Augur
Yeah , ive encountered my share of disconnections , guess i've been lucky , all my DC been reconnected fairly quickly , lost 1 match in PvP thats about it. They adressed the problem with a few fix and patch over the last month. Might wanna check patch note if its been a while since you played

hello friend

Arcane
They haven't fixed it yet. I installed this game a couple of days ago or so. To be fair, as long as you don't close the client you can still log in and resume your game, and often the connection is restored before you get booted to the login screen. It's enough to make it a hassle to play - I think I spent as much time waiting to reconnect as I spent playing. Breaks up the flow of the game.

Apart from that it's not a bad game. Not terrible, at least. Whether it's good or not requires more testing, and I'm not doing any more testing until they make it fun. Which it could very well be if it didn't have major connectivity issues.

Draugir101

Novice
Just thought I'd recommend this great collective card game. Spellweaver is online, and holds a 90's classic western rpg design style. It almost brings back memories from the past, with its old design, and I think it's almost refreshing to see people still make card games with this classic design style, compared to MTG which is all kawaii nowadays.

The game is free to play, and it should be possible to get a decent deck without having to spend money. You just have to play a lot of drafts. Anyway, thought some folks might enjoy:

https://spellweaver-tcg.com/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom