Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spelunky - Best Game Ever

Unradscorpion

Arbiter
It's great, never managed to get far though.

Destroid

Arcane
This is pretty hard eh... I've managed to get to level 7, but never saved enough money to buy the tunnel :shock:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Trying to get that stupid ankh is a giant pain in the ass. Maybe I should just forget about it and try and beat the game normally first.

And I've never managed to get more than one gift out of an altar in a single game. Keeps screwing me by putting them in levels with nothing to sacrifice.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
You can pay the shortcut digger in increments. He needs a total of amount X that he's willing to accept from you in several payments. Once he has the whole amount the shortcut is ready.

Micmu

Magister
I WON, I FINALLY WON!! I'M FREE

Check my death count... what a loser.
spelunky.jpg

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Got my first win today. Probably could have gotten a win earlier but I was trying for the city of gold every time also, as well as 8 saves and 120 kills. Got 8 saves and my first trip to the city (With only 1 spare bomb, so sad) in one run and then got the city of gold a bit more properly with about 10 bombs, as well as the 120 kills and finished off the boss too.

Now I'm trying to do the speed run to unlock the last room. Fucking game keeps jewing me out with cheesy trap placements and useless shops.

Multi-headed Cow

Tempted to pull a Morgoth on it since I love Spelunky, but after the long wait I almost wonder if I should just keep waiting until I can get it for a dime from a bundle.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The HD version includes, among other things, 4 more levels of Hell to go through.

Look for a LP of the HD version on YouTube and decide for yourself.

Micmu

Magister
Fuck spelunky. That game cost me a keyboard (ragesmashed).
I died around 900 times before finally managed to finish it.

Also, fuck "HD" version. Who gives a fuck about "HD" on an old-school platformer

Multi-headed Cow

Actually kinda think the original's graphics and music are better, but the new one has some new shit in it so what the hell.

wergle

Educated
Is there something wrong with higher resolution graphics

You must be new here. Lemme check...

yep
Higher resolution does not necessary mean lots of shitty effects to cover everything up and make the game look worse. I am unsure if this is the case with Spelunky as I haven't played either version

Also I've posted here since 2007

Black

Arcane
It's out, and it seems that the GOG version lacks daily challenges and leaderboards :decline:
I'm enjoying it very much, even though I haven't beaten the new version even once yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom