Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Spiderweb Software cancels all future iOS development (UPDATE: or not)

Fry

Arcane
However, I have to say that his blog makes him sound like a whining pussy; 45 isn't old in this day and age, and if you take proper care of yourself you can reasonably expect not to hit any kind of serious health issues until you're well into your 60s, unless you rolled really unluckily on life's genetic lottery.

Do tell. How old are you?

Loriac

Arcane
However, I have to say that his blog makes him sound like a whining pussy; 45 isn't old in this day and age, and if you take proper care of yourself you can reasonably expect not to hit any kind of serious health issues until you're well into your 60s, unless you rolled really unluckily on life's genetic lottery.

Do tell. How old are you?

a few years younger than vogel

edit: and probably in better shape now than I ever have been in my life, largely because I (foolishly) never bothered with things like hitting the gym when I was in my 20s, and only started when I hit my mid-30s

granit

Scholar
I probably said this before but the man created Exile. He's a god amongst men. Not sure what he's doing programming ipads but whatever. Jeff Vogel is a hero.

Fry

Arcane
edit: and probably in better shape now than I ever have been in my life, largely because I (foolishly) never bothered with things like hitting the gym when I was in my 20s, and only started when I hit my mid-30s

Bully for you. Considering we know very little about his actual medical circumstances, I'm going to hold off on calling him a pussy.

What is fairly obvious is that he's been mentally exhausted for years and doesn't appear to really enjoy making games anymore. Being stuck in a job-related rut with few options is something my middle-aged ass can relate to, so I cut him some slack.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
:lol: This comes from the guy that disabled door closing in all versions of AFTP because he couldn't make it work on iOS and he felt that if ipadders can't have it, nobody should have it.

He has done some incredible crpg work, but he needs to make Spiderweb an actual developing studio if he is to survive the future. He desperately needs an artist and probably another programmer.

TBH I don't think he has the money to pay anyone. Optionally he might use something like articy to design his games, then work out revenue sharing agreements to put his designs in Unreal or Unity. But don't think he would consider anything like that. Instead he'll control freak his business to death.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom