Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Square Enix sells off IO-Interactive - now an independent studio

Zenith

Arbiter
Episodic gaming is the future
Hey wasn't that phone DX game supposed to be a first episode of an entire Deus Ex™ Universe™? That sure worked out well.

Hines

Savant
PowerTorment spill the beans, dude.

Sorry, I can't do that. This is insider info for a publicly traded company.

All I can say is that negotiations with buyers/investors are ongoing. I will tell more when I can.
Not only was Hitman (2016) the best entry in the series, it was far and away my favorite game from last year. I hope IO finds a great buyer who appreciates the studio's talents so you guys can keep building upon the excellent base you've established.

Pegultagol

Erudite
well well well now I can guess who their next 'elusive target' is going to be.
"A certain multi-millionaire japanese game company ceo is staying at a gama facility in hokkaido due to a stick up his ass...it is agent 47's job to push that stick up further...."
best of luck to io interactive, hope they still get to develop the season 2.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
All I can say is that negotiations with buyers/investors are ongoing.

Video+Game+Company+Bethesda+Holds+Press+Event+4Qp6ALNAyx6l.jpg

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wait... need some clarification. Are they selling only IO studios and keeping the Hitman IP or selling both?

sullynathan

Arcane
I don't feel anyway about this. Already got all the HITMAN games except the newest one. I'll probably buy it as a tribute because the demo was p. good.

TC Jr

Scholar
How was the new one? My favourite was 2 and wasn't sure if the new one was as open

Drakron

Arcane
I suspect that the reason is by being Danish they cannot just fire the people in IO Interactive as they move the studio to a subsidized shithold (Canada) so they are just selling the whole studio as being cheaper that having to pay severance pay.

The question is what of the HITMAN IP? is going to be sold off with the studio of keep and having some studio in a subsidized shithole keep cracking then out? By itself the studio is kinda worthless (since its on Denmark and not a subsidizing shithole like Canada) so I dont anyone wants to pick up a studio were most of the staff cannot easily be sacked, even the scum at ZeniMax is unlikely to take hen simply because of that, with the IP they might get some potential buyers just because of the IP.

Archibald

Arcane
I suspect that the reason is by being Danish they cannot just fire the people in IO Interactive as they move the studio to a subsidized shithold (Canada) so they are just selling the whole studio as being cheaper that having to pay severance pay.

The question is what of the HITMAN IP? is going to be sold off with the studio of keep and having some studio in a subsidized shithole keep cracking then out? By itself the studio is kinda worthless (since its on Denmark and not a subsidizing shithole like Canada) so I dont anyone wants to pick up a studio were most of the staff cannot easily be sacked, even the scum at ZeniMax is unlikely to take hen simply because of that, with the IP they might get some potential buyers just because of the IP.

This is probably close to the truth. Ideally they probably want to start shitting out some action games with Hitman's name on it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Are you telling me Mini Ninjas and Kane & Lynch aren't highly sought after IP's?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wait... need some clarification. Are they selling only IO studios and keeping the Hitman IP or selling both?

The answer to that question has not been announced, and again I am not allowed to say anything due to ongoing negotiations.

I know my answers suck. sorry.
No worries, I understand why you can't say anything. Would really suck if they didn't let you go with the IP's otherwise you'll have to make a stealth game about a guy who sneaks up on people and... gives them ice cream cones!

Ash

Arcane
I had heard the new Shitman was good but I don't know who to trust anymore, what with the overwhelming amount of decline-enablers everywhere. Hope I didn't not support a potentially good game.

Episodic content sounds like some utter faggotry tho...

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are you telling me Mini Ninjas and Kane & Lynch aren't highly sought after IP's?

Mini Ninjas was actually nicely done and for a 3d platformer if you don't mind the cartoon aesthetics. Kane & Lynch was killed by hype and I can't remember much about it, the sequel was more visceral and over the top but still didn't impress me.

There is also Freedom Fighters, basic team mechanics and the varied mission gave it a Red Dawn vibes. Great soundtrack made by Jesper Kyd. I would buy a non episodic sequel or something similar but with more control over your companions.

Mynon

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

The answer to that question has not been announced, and again I am not allowed to say anything due to ongoing negotiations.

I know my answers suck. sorry.
Nah, nobody is expecting clear answer given you position right now.

I can only hope that IP is going with you, as you people don't deserve to be cut from your baby after your excellent last effort.
Thought of Square just sitting on Hitman IP ad infinitum, as they do on some other Western IPs, is extremely depressing.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
2 stupid NuHitman things off the top of my head.

1. Grinding the same level over and over to unlock Hit Man things..He should already have these things, HE'S A HIT MAN. WTF?

2. 'HAI HITMAN!...WE LEFT YOU SOME GUNZ AND STUFFIES IN A PLACE...SO SORRY, WE CAN'T TELL YOU EXACTLY WHERE! BUT WE LEFT THEM...SOMEWHERE. ('OH...MAYBE BRING A KEY OR A LOCK PICK FOR THE PLACE YOU DON'T KNOW!)'

Retarded, retarded, retarded.

Zep--

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I had heard the new Shitman was good but I don't know who to trust anymore, what with the overwhelming amount of decline-enablers everywhere. Hope I didn't not support a potentially good game.

Episodic content sounds like some utter faggotry tho...

depend what you define good tbh. The incline is there, like how many opportunities and assassination way you can do, some of them are creative and heavily scripted. It is fun replayin level to execute people in different way. Level design is also an incline, they are big. Alot of stuff to do and discover. The perceptive NPC that can spot disguise is a great idea combining blood money disguise system with the retarded absolution one. (The compromise works so well, that made me feel i can forgive absolution for inventing it)

the neutral,one is the challenges, objective marker, hints, etc. It is a considerable decline, but you can turn everything off down to the last UI available, and the level design are distinct enough that you can, and it is fun to figure shit and memorize then and use it to your advantage. Since the dev give option to disable everything, i dont see this is a problem.

The little decline is sone of the script wont go automatically in some cases, like you have to reach a certain place before script goes off. Yoi cannot open a map, watch everyone go where and when, reload and execute your plan, because some character wont do their thing if you havent reached a certain place. That is a mixed bag for me. On one side, it is justified due to the sheer size of the levels, and it killed the map watching exploit. on the other hand, it seem to kinda erase the living world as it goes.

The decline is that it force replaying too much. I think some of the challenges and assassination way are almost impossible without the bonus spawn and stash area.

The ultra,decline is the always online, DRM, episodic shit, and stuff

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Lots of popamole faggots in this thread who are
rating_butthurt.png
and like doing the same thing over and over.

Zep--

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom