Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism

Sodafish

Arcane
Yeah, Master is where it's at. Grenades in particular are so much more effective then, especially F1s.

DraQ

Arcane
Play on the highest difficulty, Master

I play on the Stalker difficulty and i die a lot. :oops:

My bad, I should have explained why Master difficulty is a better experience. Higher difficulties doesn't just lower the HP of the player, but of enemies as well. Playing on anything lower than Master means that the enemies will to some degree be bulletsponges, which makes the game not necessarily easier (or harder), but certainly worse.
It's not as much HP bloat as chance of hits to be converted into glancing hits doing negligible damage.
It lowers the lethality, but it does so symmetrically.

OTOH on Master you can kill (and be killed) fairly reliably.

And yeah, ZRP and ZRP alone for the first playthrough.

Ivan

Arcane
STALKER is a weird game when it comes to difficulty. If you don't enjoy getting one shotted THEN turn it down BUT I would say what I find fun in STALKER is getting the jump on enemies. Scouting is very important. Equipping the proper weapons, and execute a plan. It would be a travesty if you played STALKER as a run and gun game. STALK, SNEAK, LOOT, SURVIVE.

Fuck I'm tempting myself to reinstalling.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
STALKER is a weird game when it coomes to difficulty. If you don't enjoy getting one shotted THEN turn it down BUT I would say what I find fun in STALKER is getting the jump on enemies. Scouting is very important. Equipping the proper weapons, and execute a plan. It would be a travesty if you played STALKER as a run and gun game. STALK, SNEAK, LOOT, SURVIVE.

Fuck I'm tempting myself to reinstalling.
Hell EVERY time I check this thread I want to replay the series again

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Good news. I tested recently released StalkerSoup (basic game+Collector, 53 areas) http://www.tecnobacon.com/ and it's stable and not ridiculously hard like Joint Pack 2.
I managed to beat Cave in 2 minuters while killing 1-2 mutants, drop into one anomaly. I got my jaw dropped for a good minute thinking wtf happened

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://ap-pro.ru/forum/119-88137-1
CoCh + Misery when?
NOW

156ffdc960fc168be398d2d8c73c4873.jpeg
066195435d0755fa89e987a240d659d2.jpeg

d503f91175351b91e045e702df17a627.jpeg

it created massive butthurt in Misery's fanboy rust covered asses :lol:
pbfzyf.png

that guy is a creator of The Armed Zone - weapon pack for Misery 2.1, now they're in close cooperation with Misery team. New TAZ is ready but Misery team is bunch of lazy slobs that do slow job to already completed mod...
ewzlgs.png

:martini:

EDIT
damn, I deleted my copy of CoCh 1.4 yesterday
if I knew such wizardry happen....
:x

Ivan

Arcane
Misery on SoC is my dream

what is that trailer showcasing? greener foliage? i don't really get it

Baron Dupek

Arcane
CB...that profile icon...isn't that team who was working on Sigerous Mod 3, who then turned into series called In Spite of Death? They released few mods (including Chernobyl Chronicles) all new maps never seen before and good storyline.
Is that new project?

EDIT amergad I found that there is new version of Zone of Alienation (not translated yet) both ENG and RU already, wow, though the modder was pissed at people and his bug ridden work he throw it into bin and forgot about it..,
Alienation Zone.7z / Облако Mail.Ru

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Is there a mod that brings features from CoP like artifact hunting, weapon upgrades and blowouts to SoC?
There is porting Misery on CoC lol.

Some emphasis on scavenging like in Misery Mod is also welcome, though the zone really shouldn't be so crowded. I rather like the feeling of being in a desolate area with a few nasty jump scares an a tough fight once in a while. The beginning was great In Misery, but after the game progressed I was getting used to being swamped by all sorts of nastiness and was basically just flinging high explosive ordnance around. Really took away from the experience of just scraping by, making every bullet count and not knowing where your next meal is coming from.
I can recommend NLC 7 but I think it have no English translation. It is by far best hardore mode for STALKER, where Misery is 5 on scale of Hardcore, and NLC7 is 10+.

CoCh + Misery when?
NOW
Actually I'm sitting in thread on imageboard where developer of this mode\port presenting, so I can ask something if you wish, I rad him dayly and chat with him (but I suspect that someon here present there too lol).

Fresh pics of CoM.

Last edited:

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here
There is porting Misery on CoC lol.

Yes, I've noticed. I'm playing CoC now, but after some confirmation that Misery on CoC runs stable, I will check it out.

I can recommend NLC 7 but I think it have no English translation. It is by far best hardore mode for STALKER, where Misery is 5 on scale of Hardcore, and NLC7 is 10+.

No English translation at all might prove to be to difficult for me. For quests some basic description is neccessary. But thanks for pointing this mod out.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
NLC 7? I heard about it year ago when it was still in developement? Is it still in production? Cause I saw thread in Stalker Translators Group from Potato (stalkerteam) and they had both technical problems (to reach files that need translation) and save system that does not ring well with the fact that 99% of the team contain adults who need to save anytime, not because they're scrubs but due real life activity...
But yeah, it's ongoing translation, might be done in December if nothing happen.

BTW.
Beta English trans, Call of Misery B0.92 addon - Mod DB
here is translation for mentioned early Call of Misery, in the description there is mod+patch.
Of course it's beta but it should be enough when you wait for Misery 2.2 TAZ edition.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
No English translation at all might prove to be to difficult for me. For quests some basic description is neccessary. But thanks for pointing this mod out.
Well, I don't know who doing translation to English of other mods, but shake them like a tree to translate NLC7.
Look at this.

NLC 7? I heard about it year ago when it was still in developement? Is it still in production?
Its plot isn't finished sadly, it isn't in development at least by not original developer - Siak moved on another project, but it is big and long anough to satiate anybody I think.

But yeah, it's ongoing translation, might be done in December if nothing happen.
Lol I expecting a huge activity ITT after that, because it is literally best mod for STALKER.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Its plot isn't finished sadly, it isn't in development at least by not original developer - Siak moved on another project, but it is big and long enough to satiate anybody I think.
Seems like it share a same fate like NarodnayaSolyanka - original creators abandoned it and some people decided to make own mods and use their projects as a backbone.
Something like OP-2 and StalkerSoup by TechnoBacon (now there are 4 LEvels avaliable out of 10?) made from aforementioned megamod.
Cause I heard there are dozen of addons for NLC7, though it's finished but nope.

Lol I expecting a huge activity ITT after that, because it is literally best mod for STALKER.
sorry I should clarify - it will be translated from RU to POL, not ENG.
You still need to rely on google transtalor operators like TKGP or whatever his name is.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
It isn'y completed, but it has enough content as I said.
Too sad English isn't in plans, because I want to share this wonderful mod with everything, also of course it is not everyone's cup of STALKER. But at least Poles can play it, it is good too.
Save system there - you can save only near lit bonfire or lamp. You have match to light them, also it can failed due wet weather. )) Matches cost a money obviously.

deuxhero

Arcane
Play on the highest difficulty, Master

My bad, I should have explained why Master difficulty is a better experience. Higher difficulties doesn't just lower the HP of the player, but of enemies as well. Playing on anything lower than Master means that the enemies will to some degree be bulletsponges, which makes the game not necessarily easier (or harder), but certainly worse.
It's not as much HP bloat as chance of hits to be converted into glancing hits doing negligible damage.
It lowers the lethality, but it does so symmetrically.

OTOH on Master you can kill (and be killed) fairly reliably.

And yeah, ZRP and ZRP alone for the first playthrough.

I thought that was a bug (only the player was supposed to get glancing hits) only in SoC and CoP/CoC don't have it (though I played on master anyways)

Damian

Barely Literate
Hi what mod you consider better ogse or oblivion lost remake 2.5? any news of the oblivion lost remake 3.0?
i wish i kwew russian

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Asked in the STALKER-thread about your question because I didn't played them, the answer was a little... specific.

:troll:

There are two chairs, one tocheny peaks, on the other cocks to masturbate on which sit on a mother planted?
Have twho chair. On one sharp peaks, other coc erected. Where would you sit, where plant mother?

It is a joke obviously, a Russian saying from I think criminal circles, which can be translated roughly

fork in the eyeball or dick in the butthole?

Which mean a selection from two almost equally bad things.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They released a mod for Fallout 4 called Frost which has a surprisingly Stalker feel to it; scavenging and one shot kill do not make a game into Stalker but given that I wouldn't touch Fallout 4 otherwise this looks like fun

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom