Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just installed Call of Chernobyl with some mods. Just wondering, how do I recruit people? Is it only certain dudes, do I have to be pals with the faction?

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
You should be able to do it with pretty much any random stalker that's a member of your faction.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You should be able to do it with pretty much any random stalker that's a member of your faction.

Okay. Only found 1 guy so far. Have another question. What is a good faction and location to start with when you are really rusty with the game? Keep getting murdered by military dudes :)

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Didn't played it but I know that "good" is a murky definition - for those who played a lot a good start is a challenging start.
If military is a problem for you, pick faction who is neutral with it at least.
There were table somewhere where you can see relationships between factions.

Ivan

Arcane
giphy.gif

Gerrard

Arcane
After seeing the Tarkov videos about guns this isn't all that impressive.
:negative:

Last edited:

Jinn

Arcane
I've been looking around the internet for impressions of Call of Chernobyl, but haven't found much of anything from anyone who sounded like they knew what they were talking about. So, of course, I turn to you fellow codexers.

Is it good?

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've been looking around the internet for impressions of Call of Chernobyl, but haven't found much of anything from anyone who sounded like they knew what they were talking about. So, of course, I turn to you fellow codexers.

Is it good?
Some posters here have commented that it started out a bit bare and buggy but its coming along nicely with regular updates, bug fixes and optimization

Baron Dupek

Arcane

Is it good?

Yes.
Unless you hate freedom and aimless wandering and doing your own goals. Then nope.
It still baffle me that people play Skyrim for hundreds of hours (even people like gaming journos, developers) without caring about plot then you want to read about impressions on CoCh and most questions are about "is there any story here?". Like - who give a shit? You need handhold?

It's the second upseting thing after people playing and recomending Complete mods.

Jinn

Arcane
It's interesting for STALKER fans in general to criticize a game for not including much of a story driven experience. The story is certainly there in the STALKER games, but I hardly ever felt it was the driving force of the games.

Nirvash

Liturgist

Is it good?

Is a fps (you know, the most inflationated genre) still played and HEAVY modded after 10 years.

Is not that the game is perfect or some massive technological masterpiece, just there is nothing else like it, free gameplay in a "living" environment with a unmatched atmosfere/setting.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I did not managed to play Lost Alpha for more than 5h, but then someone linked me ending movie to it and... wow

MAXIMUM FABULOUS

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Couldn't believe it when I finished the game. I mean the other cutscenes were crap but this one took the cake. :lol:

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
The Developer's Cut version release date should be announced relatively soon according to members of dezowave on moddb. Fingers crossed about the removal of these stupid cutscenes or at least a serious overhaul of the story.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
They just needed a mutated little pony to offer Strelok a ride under the rainbow... what the fuck? I actually thought it was some sort of joke

Nirvash

Liturgist
Story in lost alpha is fine (i mean, is still just a variation of the classic one plus fluff), they just need to finish and polish it.

That final cutscene is barely a placeholder, hell all the final dungeon/lab (a new map) feel like is 25% done, missing nearly everything.

jaydee2k

Savant
I'm playing SoCH wit ZRP and some texture and weather mods at the moment and I'm searching for a good Alife mod
which is compatible with ZRP. ZRP doesn't change Alife as far as I know.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
One news about new Misery appeared yesterday, Misery went to Moddb 1st place in hour.
Two folks got question in the comments about something, I told them what was in the previous news(es), got flamed like hell and downvoted like a bitch for hating the mod. For repeating the mod makers' words.
Mistards are trvly retarded, they are bane of the community just like Brutal Doom one.

One of the creators claimed that each gun have ~30 files related to them, while other mods use like 3? Workarounds my ass, enjoy stuttering.
That mean your game will stutter unless you buy (preferably separate) SDD disk to install mod here.

ssT3FYB.png

:deadhorse:

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom