Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl Mod Thread

McPlusle

Savant
hello guys i'm back, i'm starting CoP soon for the first time what mods should i install now?
If you've never played it before, don't mod it. At least, that's my personal philosophy on modding.

mbv123

Arbiter
hello guys i'm back, i'm starting CoP soon for the first time what mods should i install now?
If you've never played it before, don't mod it. At least, that's my personal philosophy on modding.
Basically this.
I like OWR because I can't stand the way vanilla guns look, sound and feel, but it doesn't really change anything about the game otherwise. Don't be that retard who installs MISERY or some Russian SOUP mod without playing vanilla then complains about the game being too hard.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
I would at least recommend slapping Absolute Nature/Absolute Structures and Atmosfear on top of CoP for a first playthrough (but disable the Psi Storms/Fallout). Unlike SoC, CoP is an absolute eyesore vanilla.

What skacky said. Vanilla CoP looks like shit but plays just fine. Go with Atmosfear + Absolute Nature/Structures and highest difficulty.

Plisken

Learned
mod of interesting

some anon has gone to the trouble of providing the english speaking community with the final patch (which for some reason wasnt released outside of slavland) of OGSE 0693, and along with it, much needed weapon mod and HD textures that only work with that patch. If you dont know about OGSE its worth checking out the moddb page, its probably one of the most extensive STALKER soc mods, being a standalone executable with a heavily modified version of the engine (i.e you dont need stalker installed to play it, just download and install).

If you do know about it, you, like me and many others, probably loved it aside from the big gripe about poor weapon models and awful ballistics (boolet sponge enemies). These mods fix that issue it seems. So I'm back to playing OGSE again.

all necessary files here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ozk2k2qm9f7hk/OGSE_0693+Weapon_Addon+HD_textures

i would recommend downloading the torrent there instead of the 5GB file from mediafire.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
mod of interesting

some anon has gone to the trouble of providing the english speaking community with the final patch (which for some reason wasnt released outside of slavland) of OGSE 0693, and along with it, much needed weapon mod and HD textures that only work with that patch. If you dont know about OGSE its worth checking out the moddb page, its probably one of the most extensive STALKER soc mods, being a standalone executable with a heavily modified version of the engine (i.e you dont need stalker installed to play it, just download and install).

If you do know about it, you, like me and many others, probably loved it aside from the big gripe about poor weapon models and awful ballistics (boolet sponge enemies). These mods fix that issue it seems. So I'm back to playing OGSE again.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ozk2k2qm9f7hk/OGSE_0693+Weapon_Addon+HD_textures

i would recommend downloading the torrent there instead of the 5GB file from mediafire.

I never knew there was a 2.11 version.

Interesting that it was never released fully.

Junmarko

† Cristo è Re †
Patron
Recently went back and played SoC+CoP. Such classics, I'm always completely immersed, yet they're still the only games to make me feel overwhelmingly depressed while playing them as well.

They nailed the bleak atmosphere....a bit too authentically lol.

mod of interesting

Thank you for the report\informations. Is this cumulative with other patches (can I just apply 2.11 on top of non patched OGSE)?

Plisken

Learned
mod of interesting

Thank you for the report\informations. Is this cumulative with other patches (can I just apply 2.11 on top of non patched OGSE)?

the 5GB file (or torrent) in the mediafire folder is the full intstall of the 2.10 version of the mod + the 2.11 patch

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Playing Lost Alpha DC w/ the extended pack right now. The new (old) maps are consistently beautiful but severely underpopulated. I wish some other mod would use them because with more stuff going on they'd be amazing. Being able to upgrade things beyond suits and weapons is pretty cool, too. The cutscenes are still derp though, and the changes to the storyline are mostly negative IMO.

There's a few mods I want to try after this, including the OGSE linked above, Wind of Time, Priboi Story, and some kind of mod for the original CoP campaign. Maybe Misery? We'll see.

Plisken

Learned
Playing Lost Alpha DC w/ the extended pack right now. The new (old) maps are consistently beautiful but severely underpopulated. I wish some other mod would use them because with more stuff going on they'd be amazing. Being able to upgrade things beyond suits and weapons is pretty cool, too. The cutscenes are still derp though, and the changes to the storyline are mostly negative IMO.

There's a few mods I want to try after this, including the OGSE linked above, Wind of Time, Priboi Story, and some kind of mod for the original CoP campaign. Maybe Misery? We'll see.

yeah thats lost alpha in a nutshell: looks pretty but is filled with dumb shit and uninteresting gameplay.

OGSE is in my mind, the best mod out there because it understands what STALKER was/is, and has new content that isn't egregious. Additionally its the best visual update for STALKER since it has massive engine modifications bringing in a slew of new graphical effects.

Wind of time is decent. I'd skip MISERY unless you're really into autism simulators, it makes itself out to be some significant total conversion for STALKER but it doesnt actually bring any new content in terms of quests or maps to play on, so its really just call of pripyat "hardcore" and by hardcore they actually mean annoying, mendacious and tedious changes to perfectly functional mechanics, and one of the most retarded economies I've ever seen replete with incredibly dumb justifications/explanations for why its that way.

Tovias

Learned
I think CoC has become my go-to game for pure and simple entertainment, if I don't know what to play or got nothing to do, I just start the game and go with the resurrection flow.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Any of you guys have tried the ABR Mod? It looks very good and has been getting a lot of attention... is it just a graphic overhaul or does it also do changes to the base Call of Pripyat gameplay?

Plisken

Learned
Any of you guys have tried the ABR Mod? It looks very good and has been getting a lot of attention... is it just a graphic overhaul or does it also do changes to the base Call of Pripyat gameplay?

Changes to "gameplay" are mostly limited to A-life and economy. It is functionally the same as vanilla. So yes, essentially a graphic overhaul and quality of life mod.

The other option in this vein is the merge mod from 2015: http://www.moddb.com/mods/merge-mod/downloads/ai-merge-mod-20151 . This one is built on top of the abandoned pripyat reborn/mso which is an AI and a-life mod, a very good one imo. Also has original weapons overhaul, an earlier version of the environment overhaul seen in ABR (absolute nature 3 and 4 respectively) and some quality of life changes.

ABR seems a little more polished, but I liked merge mod better.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
OH sweet baby jesus!!!
Stalker 2 announced
Please dont let me wake up if this is a dream, literally my eyes are filling up with tears of joy

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I remember the last time they announced a 2, they showed one render of a guy at a campfire and promised a fuckton of DRM and an XBox 360 version.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
What does Last Day even do? Is there a mod for Call of Pripyat that's simple, like Autumn Aurora? Or a bugfix mod?

Playing through Clear Sky atm with the SRP mod.
Its an improvement, but the faction wars system is still retarded. The Loners don't reinforce anything and for some reason the mutant and bandit spawn rate is absurdly high; they zerg rush their neutral base and wipe them out.
I might as well join Duty.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
That's complicated.
There is Misery mod for Call of Chernobyl called Call of Misery.
It was received so well people made more projects based on it - add various stuff (graphic, textures, effects, sounds and many, many more items and junk), tweak a lot of things like economy (even harsher, making for even longer playthrough).
Can't remember details and differences, need to analyse their readmes.

what was their names?
-Last Day
-Echo of Misery
-Dead Air

Meanwhile - nobody give a shit about SGM-Sigerous Mod, there was some prototype but it's for old CoCh build, unfinished. :negative:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
That's complicated.
There is Misery mod for Call of Chernobyl called Call of Misery.
It was received so well people made more projects based on it - add various stuff (graphic, textures, effects, sounds and many, many more items and junk), tweak a lot of things like economy (even harsher, making for even longer playthrough).
Can't remember details and differences, need to analyse their readmes.

what was their names?
-Last Day
-Echo of Misery
-Dead Air

Meanwhile - nobody give a shit about SGM-Sigerous Mod, there was some prototype but it's for old CoCh build, unfinished. :negative:

Ok, so what's call of chernobyl?
Is misery still tedious shit? Why can't people just make a simple mod, like Autumn Aurora?

Last edited:

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Dead Air looks very good (although sound pretty buggy) and I just found a reddit thread with
Instructions for further tweaking and modding Call of Misery
If Stalker 2 had good modding tools as for the Bethesda games it would be a dream come true

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Ok, so what's call of chernobyl?
Is misery still tedious shit? Why can't people just make a simple mod, like Autumn Aurora?
Call of Chernobyl is megaproject that take all maps from all 3 Stalkers and merge into one megaZone. You can play any faction you want (that include Monolith, Military and even Zombies). There is no story line, you do what you want which annoys a lot of people spoiled by modern games with handholding.

There are more simple mods, just not under Misery label.
Like Legends Return which have actual RPG elements (XPs and skills).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom