Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Project: Eternity
DbB6KmT.png

Deathsquid

Learned
To be fair, it's a bit of a litmus test of dumbness. Are you a man dumb enough to have paid 1K for this? We got you a bridge to sell!

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
The funny thing is that by the time this game gets released in 2025 (I know I'm overly optimistic), its graphics will be considered dated.

DarKPenguiN

Arcane
The next step will be CIG creating yet another shell company to provide 'low monthly financing' to their customers with less than stellar credit- At 24% apr no doubt.

This shit is well past insane and I really do expect to see game companies financing pixels in the near future.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
SC subreddit is in full meltdown after bind culling has been delayed AGAIN, pushed to 3.3 (it was supposed to come out in 2.6). It's so fun to watch this trainwreck

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
To be fair, it's a bit of a litmus test of dumbness. Are you a man dumb enough to have paid 1K for this? We got you a bridge to sell!

A VIRTUAL bridge though. But you have to pay $1000 just to see it, and another 17 to buy it.

Also it will only virtually exist in the virtual world that will totally exist* real soon¬

*Scam Productions Inc. is under no legal obligation to realese any virtual world. For illustration purposes only.

¬Scam Productions Inc. reserves the right to revise release date. Including to "Never"

Deathsquid

Learned
Meantime Bind Culling, a feature that was supposed to come out in 0.0026 and that has been promised every patch since, has been pushed back to the patch after the next.

What does this "bind culling" do? Why it's only supposed to help the game run at more than 15 frames per second by not RENDERING OBJECTS YOU CAN'T FUCKING SEE.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meantime Bind Culling, a feature that was supposed to come out in 0.0026 and that has been promised every patch since, has been pushed back to the patch after the next.

What does this "bind culling" do? Why it's only supposed to help the game run at more than 15 frames per second by not RENDERING OBJECTS YOU CAN'T FUCKING SEE.
Didn't they supposedly hire well-paid professionals with experience in development?
Viewport culling is like the first thing you would implement in an engine, way before stuff like animations :lol:

Last edited:
Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well you do all of that before you start designing and modeling massive amount of ships in order to sell them to the whales.

6-7 years after development began all they have is some nice 3D assets in a barely functioning game engine. Everything else is missing, broken or plays like shit, like the space combat.

And moneys running out, at least if their „soft“ refusal of any refunds and their increasingly aggressive sales tactics are any indication.

I would love to see this blow up just to enjoy the massive drama. Problem is, these fraudsters will probably release some barely working, shitty MVP and continue development using the Early Access model. This would mean a slow, agonizing death over several weeks or months, funny enough but not as entertaining as a sudden, complete crash.

Last edited:

Big Wrangle

I want this game to come out just to finally see a part 2 of Mandalore's Star Citizen vid.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom